Is there a way to create Hulk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to create Hulk?

I mean, I considered simply tying dormancy to multiple personality disorder, but that really isn't good enough. Is there a way to have stats shift from mega strength and stamina in one personality, to mega intelligence in the other?

Possibly a combination of Boost with the Extra Attribute and Variable Attribute tags. Of course if Bruce Banner has Might 2 and the Hulk has Might 5, Mega-Might 5, that means he'd need Quantum 8 in order to buy Boost 8. That'd also push his Intellect absurdly high since he presumably starts with Intellect 4 or 5.

Comment

Hulk doesn’t need to be stupid at all, he just need to be enraged all the time. From Aexpansion, page 77:

Enraged! Enraged characters suffer a +2 Complication to all actions that rely on patience, thought, or empathy. The one who enraged them gains a +2 Enhancement to influence them.
      Resolution: The Condition wears off at the end of the scene. Alternatively, Enraged characters can spend 4 successes to remove the Condition when they try to act against their anger.
      You can make it even worse, Hulk is permanently Enraged and get a increase in the penalty whenever use Boost. He is always Mega Intelligent, but can’t keep the concentration while transformed in hulk.

Of course you need to have a Transformation power limited to a single form, that turn you into the Hulk and nothing else.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Tying in some Transformations should help, assuming you use the house-rule that allows a Nova to start with transformations untied to Transcendence in return for Momentum when it comes up as a problem.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I mean the power Transformation, the power Beast Boy have, but limited to one single form, the Hulk.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Seems like you could house rule that fairly easily with a new edge or power or just "this character works this way." That seems better than trying to shoehorn it into some of the power sets that don't really fit.

Comment

Working...
            X