Injury Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Recovery

Does the resolution line for an injury condition move it down a level or does it actually remove it? 3 weeks to recover 100% from a shattered shoulder seems fast.

Reduce the kind of condition. And you need a free health box to do that, so to recover a Injured condition to Bruised, you need a free bruised box.

As a note, to recover Injured conditions, a regular person requires medical treatment, and a Maimed is permanent.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

OK. That's what I thought but it wasn't clear about healing, only about first aid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        Reduce the kind of condition. And you need a free health box to do that, so to recover a Injured condition to Bruised, you need a free bruised box.

As a note, to recover Injured conditions, a regular person requires medical treatment, and a Maimed is permanent.
        Wanted to bring this up again because of a discussion in the Scion Discord. There they said injury conditions are gone after resolution rather than downgraded. Made me think more about it. Since the way Trinity conditions are gained makes it complicated to downgrade everything with natural healing (fewer bruised condition slots) I’m inclined to go with resolution = gone for injury conditions instead.

Also, in comparing the 2 books I observed that Trinity says human not ordinary so Talents and Psions qualify as human. Since persistent in Trinity is just double healing time rather than permanent that’s not bad IMO.

That makes the maimed condition recover in a reasonable (IMO) amount of time (6 weeks to recover a shattered joint sounds reasonable without being very realistic). A week to recover from a broken limb is kind of bonkers to me though. I think the shortest path to making sense to me is to apply the persistent tag when it’s appropriate for the injury. Since injury conditions are momentum machines anyway, players choose what condition level they take (and could say no just take me out), and it’s easy to handwave the time between episodes/stories/arcs, I don’t think it’s punishing to say injured level takes 1-2 weeks depending on the injury.

Obviously this is largely irrelevant with Æon-era medical tech, and I’d be inclined to label novas as not human in Aberrant.

Comment

I never bothered about the time of recovering because I had in mind that this time is the required to make a recovery test (yes, it don’t exist, but for some reason I had it in mind).

I prefer the time described being the necessary to reduce 1 condition, while it may sounds like it will take longer to heal this way, as long you don’t suffer new injuries, the lower conditions will heal before the higher ones finish healing. It also gives more time for a specific injury to properly heal, for example, a shattered arm will take 6 weeks to recover to a broken arm, 1 week to recover to a bruised arm and 2 more days to fully recover.

A possible solution to the persistent effect of aggravated damage is a scar, that can be a condition that can only be removed with an specific medical treatment. The scar would cause a increase in the difficulty of certain actions, like a injury condition one level lower, but not count on the injury boxes.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Yeah the recovery downgrading felt right to me at the time for the reasons you lay out. You don’t go from shattered knee to fine even in 6 weeks. I just couldn’t find anything in the book to support that version besides first aid, which could just be a separate case thing. The Scion Discord folks were pretty certain that resolving injury conditions makes them go away. Everything else about conditions that I found talked about resolving them and they’re gone, with the exception of Scion’s Fatebindings which are all cas-by-case.

I wasn’t looking for a solution for the persistent condition in Trinity though. Like I said, I think it works. I actually think using it more could be good. If persistent weren’t permanent in Scion it would be great because there it’s all lethal damage that is persistent so recovering from those injuries would be more reasonable.

Comment

Intent is for Injury Conditions to downgrade with the Resolution, not disappear. This is consistent with First Aid and the intent of the healing system, which is also consistent with how the Vitakinetic Basic ‘Knit’ power fast-tracks healing.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                Intent is for Injury Conditions to downgrade with the Resolution, not disappear. This is consistent with First Aid and the intent of the healing system, which is also consistent with how the Vitakinetic Basic ‘Knit’ power fast-tracks healing.
                OK. I’d looked at Knit too but figured if the other way was the general then that was just another exception. Is it different in Trinity from Scion, or was that response I got there just a shared misconception based on reading the same text that I did, which is not clear about general non-first aid recovery behaving in the downgrade fashion. Downgrade certainly makes a lot of sense as a general system thing.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
                  Is it different in Trinity from Scion, or was that response I got there just a shared misconception based on reading the same text that I did, which is not clear about general non-first aid recovery behaving in the downgrade fashion. Downgrade certainly makes a lot of sense as a general system thing.
                  There are subtle differences between Trinity and Scion Storypath but I don’t think this is one of them. My guess would be that it’s a misconception as you’ve suggested. Magic could certainly override this, but the base healing systems are meant to show the slightly more realistic gradual recovery.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Thank you for the response

Comment

Working...
                    X