What do we want next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we want next?

What it says on the tin. Do we want the next Trinity release to be the 1920s-30's setting (Adventure!), a Time War, a far future setting, and ancient past setting, an Historical? What do we want? I've got my copy of the Core Book and Aeon, and I'm signed up and paid up for Aberrant. What do we want to be next in the pipe.

Myself, either Adventure!, a far future ( maybe Vega is the pole star as it would be in 14,000AD), or a Time War, would be cool.

Now tell us your hopes and desires.

Adventure! I’ve never played any of them, but from reading them Adventure! is definitely my fave.

They’re also doing a cyberpunk game and a game based on Greek mythology.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Well, I mean, Adventure! Is next. It’s already being written.

I’m pretty sure Ian has said that Anima (2080s cyberpunk) is after that, but I’m not 100%.

Comment

Adventure! isn't being written quite yet; we're assigning writers. But yes, that's the next major book.

Otherwise we haven't really said which will be "next," just that there's a bunch we're considering. We have clearer ideas for some than others, so those will probably come earlier.

Other eras in the primary timeline:
        • Ægis: Ancient Greek. psychomorphs as sorcerers, Talents as Heroes, eximorphs as gods.
        • ???
        • Adventure!: Two-fisted pulp action and tales of derring-do.
        • ???
        • Trinity Continuum: Modern day
        • Aberrant: 2028 superheroes
        • Anima: 2084, brainjack implants and the consequences thereof
        • Æon: 2123. Sci-fi psions
        • ???

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

What I want most is money so I can afford all this stuff.

Seriously, though, this is amazing. I didn't realize you'd actually decided two of the other eras already. This is the first game line in a very long time where I've felt like I just wanted to make sure I got everything for it, so thanks for that. I know I've been gushing about Trinity a lot but it brought me out of a serious burnout with gaming and I'm just super-impressed with the writing so far.

Comment

I want the Tier 3 Paramorphs game.

Comment

I’m going out on a limb and guessing Victorian for the era before Adventure! and Noir for the era after it.

What I want most (other than the Nexus to open up to support alternate timeline settings), is a supplement after Adventure! under someone qualified like Mendez to explore Wuxia, its place in pulp, and deconstructing yellow peril and other orientalist tropes.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I also think they should do Victorian (like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and maybe a space opera game.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  I also think they should do Victorian (like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and maybe a space opera game.
                  Yeah what’s already hinted at in the Fate of Humanity chapter in Aeon makes clear what follows is a far flung space opera.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Cool. I love space opera.

Comment

Soooooo many options, which I love. I honestly look forward to any of the books that they create in the Trinity Continuum. I also really hope every one they do is more successful then they expected so they can always make more.

First, I am really looking forward to Adventure! It deserves to be brought back and given love.

The Aegis setting sounds cool, especially as that will be a bit 'fantasy' like, which would take the TC rules in a brilliant direction.

The space opera setting is also really cool as well. Related to this is seeing how they would update and modify the current Psi powers to give the feel of human evolution making us improved.

As I go through the Trinity Core book and read the Gifts of the Talents a tier 3 game of them would be brilliant. As was mentioned I figure their Gifts would in some ways be like the Charms of the Solar Exalted and that would be EPIC!!!!

Comment

Though I don't expect it, it'd be neat to see a 1950s atomic horror core book that has rules for They Came From Beneath The Sea crossover campaigns.

Comment

In IanWatson's outline above, there's an unnamed era sandwiched between TC:Adventure! and TC:modern; it's possible that that might be TC:Atomic. I certainly wouldn't mind if it is.

I'm also hoping that one of the things that TC:Anima does is to introduce the possibility of sentient machines into the setting: primitive, unreliable, and dangerous machines that get banned along with the rest of the brain-interface hardtech of the era when it's over; but present nonetheless.

Then, with the space opera era, I'd like to see them return in a more stable form, possibly as the successors to an alien species that took the route briefly explored by TC:Anima to its conclusion and have transitioned to a society of machines. Humanity, of course, would still be human (or parahuman, in the case of the Quantum-powered ones); but psiads and parahumans would both have evolved (I see most parahumans being similar to TC:Æ's Superiors, but with a wider variety of powers that include something like TC:Ab's Body Modification), and even Talents might end up with a few new tricks up their sleeves (Exalted in Space, anyone?).

As to glamourweaver's request for a Wuxia element: I'd put that as a divergent era (similar to how the modern era is divergent from the TC:A!/TC:Ab/TC:Æ sequence) or a historical era (similar to Ægis, but set in historical China), and I'd have it be the result of a localized Event that's focused on Flux and results in Tier 3 Talents — thus, Wuxia.

Finally, I'd really like to see a time- and dimension-hopping “setting” with a focus on Tier 4 Talents (with Tier 4 being when they unlock their full potential to manipulate time and space, and thus to become Travelers).

Comment

Also, does anyone else think its funny that the most common running theme of the Trinity setting is "okay, bad idea, don't try that again!" I'm not sure if any human decisions ended the Adventure! era, but Aberrant ends with "okay, those were a bad idea" and Anima ends with, "okay, brain tech was a bad idea" and Aeon is already in the middle of "maybe psions are actually a bad idea" (with the Quantakinetic purge and the shift away from relying on teleporters.)

Comment

Personally, the 3 question marks Ian left I would make:
                              The first around the Discovery/Colonisation of the American Continent, El Dorado stuff (Victorian and pulp are really connected, Victorian being the inspiration to pulp)
                              The second I would put on a 70’s 80’s stile, with the surge of low level novas Psiads and talents working as super-soldiers and super-spies on the Cold War (noir is basically pulp but darker).
                              The third I would make a Space Opera on Star Trek TOS stile, finding ancient gods living in space and sexy aliens fighting in colosseum.

Comment

Working...
                              X