No announcement yet.

What do we want next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see Time travel setup once all 3 games are on the table I'd also like to see Tier 3 Paramorphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
      Crosstime Travel in the First Edition of Aberrant was one of the highest tier powers.
      And Novas are Tier 4. All three more reason why Travelers would be tier 4, not tier 3.

Comment

A time travel game would need multiple sets of time travel rules. This would reflect the simple fact that different groups have different ways to travel in time.

Comment

A time travel game would need multiple sets of time travel rules. This would reflect the simple fact that different groups have different ways to travel in time.

In 2e I don't think anyone has time travel ability other than Mercer right now. I could easily see them limiting time travel to Talents only.

Comment

For my part, I'd still like a hard and fast formula I could use to convert stuff (powers/skills/equipment/difficulties) from Old Trinity (including Aberrant and Adventure) into Trinity Continuum so that all that stuff we got as part of the bundles could be made relevant/usable in the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post
              For my part, I'd still like a hard and fast formula I could use to convert stuff (powers/skills/equipment/difficulties) from Old Trinity (including Aberrant and Adventure) into Trinity Continuum so that all that stuff we got as part of the bundles could be made relevant/usable in the new system.
              That would be something for a Player's Guide to the Core Rulebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

In 2e I don't think anyone has time travel ability other than Mercer right now. I could easily see them limiting time travel to Talents only.
                As you said "right now." If Novas can create universes, they can time travel. It may be trickier and more complicated than how Inspired Talents do it, but if you can make your own universe with its own physical laws, you can time travel.

Comment

As you said "right now." If Novas can create universes, they can time travel. It may be trickier and more complicated than how Inspired Talents do it, but if you can make your own universe with its own physical laws, you can time travel.

I don't think you'll see novas with universe creation powers, unless they are the Quantum 10 ones who have transcended, and they (at least in the current draft we have access to) move on to some other kind of existence.

Comment

Novas of that power level are mentioned, not described, in the secrets section of the AEON book.

Comment

I don't think that's necissarily the case? There may be all sorts of limits to what you can and can't do as a universe creator. Even 1e had all sorts of differences based on success rolled.

Comment

My first view of the level 5 and 6 powers of 1e was: I want them! And: So much power is wonderful!, but honestly, it must be impossible to play it for several reasons, not just as player characters but also as adversaries (not even saying enemies). it doesn’t mean I think Novas should or should not be able to time travel (in my game they would not be capable), but the presence of those powers in game as part of the rules are probably just for showing how far it can go. I honestly prefere the idea of the 11 dots in purviews from Scion 1e, your character become a unstoppable force or an unmovable object, what fits better, and you (as a player) becomes a StoryGuide for anything related to your purview.

Anyway, time is not a Quantum Force, for example a Nova can manipulate gravity for reducing or increasing the speed of time, but not to make it flow back (you can question the time arrow direction in Quantum theory, but it’s not part of Quantum, just a side effect of the way quantum works). A Nova would be capable of something like DR Manhattan knowing past and future as memories due to Quantum arrow direction, and possibly travel back to his past self to change past due to his capacities, but travelling time is a bit off in my view, like Telepathy and Precognition.

Talents and Excelsiors (as I like to call them, RIP Stan Lee), would be capable of time manipulation, time travel and cross time travel. I would add a kind of Infinity Unprobability to allow them to teleport too... but I don’t mind you not liking the idea.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

I don't think that's necissarily the case? There may be all sorts of limits to what you can and can't do as a universe creator. Even 1e had all sorts of differences based on success rolled.
                          Honestly, once your power level gets to "universe creation" or "human sized Death Star" who gives a crap about "limits?" My take on that stuff was, "Congratulations, you're now God. Unfortunately, in my games there's only one God and since I'm the GM, that's me. So, I'll be taking that character as an NPC now."

Comment

We need a new thread for this time travel discussion. I assume that were time travel will be easy and natural for the highest level Inspired. I assume it will be tricky complex frustrating and very hard for Psions, Psiads, Novas, et al. It will be a matter of game balance.

Now, let's talk about what games we want next and in the pipeline.

Comment

We need a new thread for this time travel discussion. I assume that were time travel will be easy and natural for the highest level Inspired. I assume it will be tricky complex frustrating and very hard for Psions, Psiads, Novas, et al. It will be a matter of game balance.

Now, let's talk about what games we want next and in the pipeline.
                              I don't think we need a new thread for Time Travel because we don't need any sort of "system" for time travel. Systems for usage are only important for those things that are "useful" to PCs. Firearms. Psionic healing. Nova blasts. Piloting. Detection. Etc. You really do not want Time Travel to be "useful" to PCs. Because they'll use it. "Yeah, since we got our asses handed to us in that fight with the Aberrant that was like a werewolf, I'm gonna time travel us all couple days back and get us some silver weapons/bullets and then we'll fight him again." or "I time travel us back to make the roll again. And again. And again." And your campaign turns into a video game including a save/load game feature. And do you really want "Hey, remember that time that was six months ago in real life where we turned right up that corridor? I'm gonna Time Travel us back to that point and we're gonna go left instead" to be a thing that happens in your game? A lot.

Time Travel needs to be a purely GM-controlled plot device. Any rolls the PCs make in conjunction with it should have all possible results fully mapped out before the dice are touched. Otherwise Time Travel should mostly be variations of "The technicians flip their switches and you're surround by the green glow and hearing that boopity-boopity-boop noise. Suddenly you're in 13th century England. Oh shit, there's an Aberrant about to eat Robin of Loxley. Best get to it."
                              Last edited by johntfs; 11-08-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

Time Travel needs to be a purely GM-controlled plot device. Any rolls the PCs make in conjunction with it should have all possible results fully mapped out before the dice are touched. Otherwise Time Travel should mostly be variations of "The technicians flip their switches and you're surround by the green glow and hearing that boopity-boopity-boop noise. Suddenly you're in 13th century England. Oh shit, there's an Aberrant about to eat Robin of Loxley. Best get to it."
                                Yet, systems still count. If those sent into the past by the Psion need to avoid getting anywhere near famous and/or important people, or else (your horrid fate here) that imposes limits on their actions. If the time travelers sent by a Nova have to realize that, if they cause any change to history, they won't have a future to return to, because their future will be replaced with another one, that imposes limits on them. If time travelers sent by the Inspired are free to act because time heals itself around them so they don't need to fear random disasters, but they can still make limited changes, that frees them up. The systems of time travel dictate styles of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X