No announcement yet.

What do we want next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing settings don't include time travel, save only for Max Mercer's “unstuck in time” time travel. A hypothetical time travel setting should take that into account.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of time travel stuff in my games, but that's been GM fiat and player suggestion and I have absolutely no idea how to mechanically quantify it.

Comment

If it is out of the players hands, it doesn't need mechanics.it is only when the players have some measure of control over it that mechanics are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

Yet, systems still count. If those sent into the past by the Psion need to avoid getting anywhere near famous and/or important people, or else (your horrid fate here) that imposes limits on their actions. If the time travelers sent by a Nova have to realize that, if they cause any change to history, they won't have a future to return to, because their future will be replaced with another one, that imposes limits on them. If time travelers sent by the Inspired are free to act because time heals itself around them so they don't need to fear random disasters, but they can still make limited changes, that frees them up. The systems of time travel dictate styles of play.
          That's all fine, but that's about what happens after the Time Travel once they get whenever they're going. My point is that you don't allow the PCs to control the mechanism, the traveling part, of time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

That's all fine, but that's about what happens after the Time Travel once they get whenever they're going. My point is that you don't allow the PCs to control the mechanism, the traveling part, of time travel.
            Well, you don't give them free rein to go whenever and wherever they like, with no restrictions. Imagine if you had a teleporter who could jump to anywhere in the Galaxy at whim, with no restrictions (e.g., no travel time, no way to block them or exhaust them, etc.). That would be bad.

But the flip side to that is that if you're doing a time war setting and you never give them any agency in terms of when and where they end up, you will end up with some very frustrated players.

Comment

For the Aeon setting, I hope they publish an Atlas of Aeon Earth. Something to flesh out the setting and make adventures on Earth more workable. The Psi Orders need their own book as does the Aeon Foundation.

The Foundations in the Core Book need their own book too.

Comment

The Early Modern/Renaissance period would be a great setting for a Talents game. Perhaps alchemists are somehow tapping into flux. Weak Psiads would be viable characters too. Some type of low level Superior/Stalwart would also be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                  For the Aeon setting, I hope they publish an Atlas of Aeon Earth. Something to flesh out the setting and make adventures on Earth more workable. The Psi Orders need their own book as does the Aeon Foundation.

The Foundations in the Core Book need their own book too.
                  As I understand, Terra Firma is all about Earth during Aeon Era.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Oh I didn't know that. (or maybe I did but I forgot, lol) So when it comes to Aeon besides the Core we get a book about space and a book about Earth and a book about tech/psiads/and superiors. That is a pretty awesome starting set. But even more if the other two are as good as Aeon Aexpansion then they are going to be mighty fine, mighty fine indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Earth and Luna.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Earth and Luna.
                        Grand! I hope the maps and political details are well fleshed out.

Comment

Hmm.

personal preference: Adventure!, Æon, Aberrant, in that order. Then one of the new settings.

For Æon, a world guide, an orders guide, a tech guide, a space guide, and an antagonists guide.
                          For Aberrant, a big collection of factions/npcs that you can mix and match as needed to create the sort of setting you want; maybe a series of them, themed after science/tech research &exploration, social politics & celebrity, physical conflict & stryfe, crime & conspiracy, and so forth.
                          For Adventure!, a world guide that includes lost worlds and other oddities, some sort of faction guide, a pulp science tech guide, and some sort of chronicle guide that looks at running decades long games where the PCs might radically alter history.

And currently pondering the idea of Aquarius, a late 60s/early to mid 70s setting involving New Age psychics, alien astronauts, and the like.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

It might be a little too niche, but I'd love a book that covers the various Aberrant takeovers of colonies to make them playable. Like, the Space Brigard, the stuff on Alpha Centauri, etc. Being a resistance group member or a time traveling interloper in those events would be really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeea View Post
                              It might be a little too niche, but I'd love a book that covers the various Aberrant takeovers of colonies to make them playable. Like, the Space Brigard, the stuff on Alpha Centauri, etc. Being a resistance group member or a time traveling interloper in those events would be really cool.
                              I like this idea. It does add to playablity.

Comment

I would really love an Aberrant book with various alternate futures arrayed them, like the chapter of Psions in the Modern Day but more. The fact that 2e is a Continuum is great, but now I wish we would have more support for seeing that continuum in action.

By the way, this could alternately be done by having another 'major' game line within the Trinity Continuum that is clearly outside of the linear timeline path of Adventure! Aberrant Aeon. Like maybe a post-modern one that is steamship and skyships or even a modern setting where Talents are basically like the Solar Exalted in terms of Gifts that become very very visible. Just sayin.

That all said what I really wish was that I was rich and could say "Hey Onyx Path here is a million dollars, write many more Trinity Continuum books!" Alas I am not rich and thus cannot do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X