Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we want next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    One thing I would love after the the Aberrant and Far Future games are printed is a book of about five to six worked examples of worlds colonized in the 2030-2050 period. Each world should have a section on settlement, the colony's condition in 2123, and it's status in the far future. Example: Planet New Plymouth settled by warp gates created by Novas in the 2040's. Different cultural groups among the settlers feel slighted or threatened by the divisions of territory and resources. In 2123, hostilities between different language and religious groups on the main continent. The American, Irish, Welsh, Korean, and Czech, groups, settled on large islands in the southern ocean are isolationist. In the far future, a post-apocalyptic land of primitive tribes in the North. Peaceful advanced societies in the southern Ocean.

    Comment


    • #77
      You do know that there's a book in the works right now that's essentially going to cover this, right? Not necessarily the “future fate” part; but “what colonies are out there during the Æon era” part.


      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        You do know that there's a book in the works right now that's essentially going to cover this, right? Not necessarily the “future fate” part; but “what colonies are out there during the Æon era” part.
        That I knew. It's the idea of the same worlds in three different periods I'm suggesting.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
          What it says on the tin. Do we want the next Trinity release to be the 1920s-30's setting (Adventure!), a Time War, a far future setting, and ancient past setting, an Historical? What do we want? I've got my copy of the Core Book and Aeon, and I'm signed up and paid up for Aberrant. What do we want to be next in the pipe.

          Myself, either Adventure!, a far future ( maybe Vega is the pole star as it would be in 14,000AD), or a Time War, would be cool.

          Now tell us your hopes and desires.
          I don't about next, but one thing I'd like to get eventually is something that works as magic/occult. Maybe set around a prehistoric Atlantis/Hyborea/etc.

          One thing I plan to do when I finally put together a campaign is to incorporate the idea of Para-quantum. Aberrants/Novas use Quantum, pulling their power directly from the stuff that allows our reality to exist. Perhaps because they pull power from a reality that they're part of, they're susceptible to alteration through Corruption. Psions/Psiads use sub-quantum, somehow pulling power from below the Planck limit. Talents (unconsciously) use Flux or perhaps a better term might be sur/super-quantum, pulling energy from universes near and similar to our own. So magicians/occultists, hmm, how about Dimensioners? Dimensioners would use Paraquantum, energy, pulling power from universes accessible to but very different from our, with different physics, alien concepts even more alien beings.

          There wouldn't necessarily be completely unique effects for Para-quantum. There's plenty of overlap in terms of effects between the current abilities. The differences come from their trappings and associated effects. To see in the dark, a Talent might use Super-science to build special glasses; a psion/psiad might use the EK Photokinetic mode, EM Sight; a nova simply have Mega-Perception with the Enhancement, Electromagnetic Vision (or whatever the Trinity Continuum version becomes); and a Dimensioner might invoke "Blindsight" which causes her to see Darkness as a kind of light (while conversely seeing bright light as darkness).

          Para-quantum would be a way to bring in concepts from Call of Cthluhu or Dark Conspiracy. There are other worlds, other realities than this one. Some of them know about us. And they hunger. For us.

          Those weird things with the bug-eye that spat acid? Maybe those were just some kind of sub-aberrant mutation. But maybe they were from Somewhere Else. Plus, stuff like that gives you a way to provide situations for your Tier 3 (4?!) characters to mess with.
          Last edited by johntfs; 11-12-2019, 05:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by johntfs View Post

            I don't about next, but one thing I'd like to get eventually is something that works as magic/occult. Maybe set around a prehistoric Atlantis/Hyborea/etc.

            One thing I plan to do when I finally put together a campaign is to incorporate the idea of Para-quantum. Aberrants/Novas use Quantum, pulling their power directly from the stuff that allows our reality to exist. Perhaps because they pull power from a reality that they're part of, they're susceptible to alteration through Corruption. Psions/Psiads use sub-quantum, somehow pulling power from below the Planck limit. Talents (unconsciously) use Flux or perhaps a better term might be sur/super-quantum, pulling energy from universes near and similar to our own. So magicians/occultists, hmm, how about Dimensioners? Dimensioners would use Paraquantum, energy, pulling power from universes accessible to but very different from our, with different physics, alien concepts even more alien beings.

            There wouldn't necessarily be completely unique effects for Para-quantum. There's plenty of overlap in terms of effects between the current abilities. The differences come from their trappings and associated effects. To see in the dark, a Talent might use Super-science to build special glasses; a psion/psiad might use the EK Photokinetic mode, EM Sight; a nova simply have Mega-Perception with the Enhancement, Electromagnetic Vision (or whatever the Trinity Continuum version becomes); and a Dimensioner might invoke "Blindsight" which causes her to see Darkness as a kind of light (while conversely seeing bright light as darkness).

            Para-quantum would be a way to bring in concepts from Call of Cthluhu or Dark Conspiracy. There are other worlds, other realities than this one. Some of them know about us. And they hunger. For us.

            Those weird things with the bug-eye that spat acid? Maybe those were just some kind of sub-aberrant mutation. But maybe they were from Somewhere Else. Plus, stuff like that gives you a way to provide situations for your Tier 3 (4?!) characters to mess with.
            Find a PDF of Eldritch Skies. It's a sci fi setting useing Lovecraft's cosmology. Even if you don't like the game, for you it will be inspirational.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

              Find a PDF of Eldritch Skies. It's a sci fi setting useing Lovecraft's cosmology. Even if you don't like the game, for you it will be inspirational.
              I'll try to find it. To be fair, I don't want to specifically use Lovecraft's Mythos simply because of how over used it already is. I want to integrate cosmic horror elements into Trinity to a certain extent but I don't want it to become Cthulhu Calls to Trinity or something especially not at first. For one thing, there's plenty of cool other stuff in Trinity. For another, Trinity is about Hope and Optimism. Lovecraft's cosmology is about as hopeless/depressing as you can get.

              A lot of it would be hints, clues, indications. The sub-Aberrant that doesn't seem to be part of any known Aberrant. The biotech lab whose "bio" seems really freaky. The intternet/opnet meme that really does seem to be driving people to kill - or do other things. The Aberrant cult centered on an "Aberrant" nobody recognizes - including other Aberrants. Basically small, seemingly disconnected bits that don't fit, that indicate something weird. Something other.

              And as things come together the characters slowly realize that they're dealing with a new power - or, really, a very old power. That some of their enemies are part of that power. That some of their allies are part of that power ("Of course I don't want the Aberrants to take over the Earth. I need the Earth to be intact when we eventually feed it to The Screaming Light.") That others of their enemies might be their (temporary, conditional) allies (It's not like Sandoval Gutierrez wants the Earth to be fed to The Screaming Light or any other paradimensional horror - especially while he's on it) Figure a lot of things dealing with monsters and agent with the occasional need to prevent somebody from bringing, say, The Needful Abyss to Earth to sate its hunger on... London or something. The eventual idea would be for the character to learn, grow strong and perhaps achieve Tier 3.

              Then they can visit The Screaming Light and the Needful Abyss to kick their furniture around.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by johntfs View Post

                I'll try to find it. To be fair, I don't want to specifically use Lovecraft's Mythos simply because of how over used it already is. I want to integrate cosmic horror elements into Trinity to a certain extent but I don't want it to become Cthulhu Calls to Trinity or something especially not at first. For one thing, there's plenty of cool other stuff in Trinity. For another, Trinity is about Hope and Optimism. Lovecraft's cosmology is about as hopeless/depressing as you can get.

                A lot of it would be hints, clues, indications. The sub-Aberrant that doesn't seem to be part of any known Aberrant. The biotech lab whose "bio" seems really freaky. The intternet/opnet meme that really does seem to be driving people to kill - or do other things. The Aberrant cult centered on an "Aberrant" nobody recognizes - including other Aberrants. Basically small, seemingly disconnected bits that don't fit, that indicate something weird. Something other.

                And as things come together the characters slowly realize that they're dealing with a new power - or, really, a very old power. That some of their enemies are part of that power. That some of their allies are part of that power ("Of course I don't want the Aberrants to take over the Earth. I need the Earth to be intact when we eventually feed it to The Screaming Light.") That others of their enemies might be their (temporary, conditional) allies (It's not like Sandoval Gutierrez wants the Earth to be fed to The Screaming Light or any other paradimensional horror - especially while he's on it) Figure a lot of things dealing with monsters and agent with the occasional need to prevent somebody from bringing, say, The Needful Abyss to Earth to sate its hunger on... London or something. The eventual idea would be for the character to learn, grow strong and perhaps achieve Tier 3.

                Then they can visit The Screaming Light and the Needful Abyss to kick their furniture around.
                This is awesome stuff. I really like the hints you're suggesting there, especially.

                Comment

                Working...
                X