Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What they need to clear up when they do a world atlas (Problems with Aeon's Earth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they need to clear up when they do a world atlas (Problems with Aeon's Earth.

This is going to be a series of Posts about problems, real or perceived, with the setting of Trinity Aeon. The focus is going to be the geopolitics and similar issues. These will range from unclear maps to illogical aspects of the described behaviors or history of nation states in the setting. The hope is that these problems will all be cleared up in an Atlas of AEON Earth.

I hope many people will join in and offer the defects they see in order that the authors of the game will correct these problems.

• Rhebeqah
    replied
    No game setting is perfect and never has been. Like we've done since the beginning of the hobby, we'll grit our teeth, change the things that really annoy us, and carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Oceania and Australia are the new USA, Oceania more related to the first years after independence trying to rise and shine, and Australia more related to USA later, with the small cities getting bigger and the cultural life going around the big cities. Even the “movies” and sport transmission comes from Australia.

I know you like your country and all, but the dream keeps alive. the ideal American way is alive in Australia during Aeon Era, instead of moving within (to Hawaii) move out (to Australia).

By the way, the idea of Hawaiinwith a submerged city would attract Oceania, as happened to other islands, and they are good at convincing people that Oceania is a better place than FSA. Happened before.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by johntfs View Post

No the idea is that smaller states/territories/nations like Hawaii, Samoa, Guam etc take the basic concept of a unified military/political/economic alliance with common goals without getting into the hideous imperialism. That's why the name is different (The Greater West Asian Co-Independence Sphere). And of course with underwater habitation tech, these "smaller nations" might not be so small after all.
    This is already what the Austronesian Union is and includes Samoa and Guam as part of Polynesia and Micronesia.

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Eh, let’s not resurrect that horror. Nippon is isolationist in the 22nd century anyway. The divide in the South Pacific is between China and Australia’s sphere’s of influence.
    No the idea is that smaller states/territories/nations like Hawaii, Samoa, Guam etc take the basic concept of a unified military/political/economic alliance with common goals without getting into the hideous imperialism. That's why the name is different (The Greater West Asian Co-Independence Sphere). And of course with underwater habitation tech, these "smaller nations" might not be so small after all.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied

Perhaps Hawaii (both above and below the ocean) linking with Guam, Samoa, the Phillipians, etc to form the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_East_Asia_Co-Prosperity_Sphere"]Greater West Asian Co-Independence Sphere.[/URL]
    The Philippines is already listed as part of China's sphere of influence, but the others would work. There's an area called "the fish desert" were the surface waters are cut off from the nutrient and oxygen rich waters below. Sea Thermal Power Generators could both provide energy (using the ocean as a Sterling Engine) and food source ( by bringing the deep waters to the surface). This could sustain large cities floating just under the surface of the oceans (low enough to be safe from even the worst storm but not deep enough for pressure to be to much of an issue). These cities would fight global warming just by their existence.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied

Perhaps Hawaii (both above and below the ocean) linking with Guam, Samoa, the Phillipians, etc to form the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_East_Asia_Co-Prosperity_Sphere"]Greater West Asian Co-Independence Sphere.[/URL]
    Eh, let’s not resurrect that horror. Nippon is isolationist in the 22nd century anyway. The divide in the South Pacific is between China and Australia’s sphere’s of influence.

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Originally posted by John Snead View Post
    As the Aeon developer, I can definitely say that I utterly love this idea, both the independent island US refuge states, and (especially) the idea of Hawaii as a super science state where a fair proportion of the habitable area is underwater.
    Perhaps Hawaii (both above and below the ocean) linking with Guam, Samoa, the Phillipians, etc to form the Greater West Asian Co-Independence Sphere.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

I was considering Guam and Puerto Rico too, and other places like Samoa. I just said Hawaii because its the most developed of those. Wasn't Puerto Rico made a state sometime early or mid Aberrant age? And if its the Final Redoubt sort of Location I could totally see some emergency super science resources being used to make Hawaii like the tip of the Iceberg with Domed UnderHawaii built in nearby Ocean floors and even Underunderhawaii with structure built below ground. It would also be a perfect situation for a country hiding its size for the sake of pulling a rope-a-dope tactic if needed, like with Wakanda.
    The Hawaii Dome and UnderHawaii as added areas in order to make it a vast area bigger then even the largest old style US state would be awesome. I want this! Hehe

Oh man, so much potential!

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Originally posted by John Snead View Post
    As the Aeon developer, I can definitely say that I utterly love this idea, both the independent island US refuge states, and (especially) the idea of Hawaii as a super science state where a fair proportion of the habitable area is underwater.

It's a grand idea. I will put another word in for Puerto Rico as Hawaii's less happy cousin allied with the UAN, thus motivating the FSA's spite toward the UAN.

Could there also be some stress on resistance movement within the FSA that want to restore democracy. And not just Mexican and Canadian ones, let there be a "Children of Liberty" or a "New Liberty Tree." Let the people of North America be shown fighting back.

Leave a comment:

• John Snead
    replied
    I was considering Guam and Puerto Rico too, and other places like Samoa. I just said Hawaii because its the most developed of those. Wasn't Puerto Rico made a state sometime early or mid Aberrant age? And if its the Final Redoubt sort of Location I could totally see some emergency super science resources being used to make Hawaii like the tip of the Iceberg with Domed UnderHawaii built in nearby Ocean floors and even Underunderhawaii with structure built below ground. It would also be a perfect situation for a country hiding its size for the sake of pulling a rope-a-dope tactic if needed, like with Wakanda.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    Why only Hawaii? Couldn't Puerto Rico fill a similar role in the Caribbean? Let Hawaii be the happier one. Have Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands be aligned with Sudamerica and the UAN. With the UAN as the kinder and more respectful ally and Sudamerica as the more ruthless one. It would provide a great deal of reasons for adventures in the Caribbean and explain the FSA's bitterness toward the UAN.

Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Both could be states loyal to the old Constitution.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Why only Hawaii? Couldn't Puerto Rico fill a similar role in the Caribbean? Let Hawaii be the happier one. Have Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands be aligned with Sudamerica and the UAN. With the UAN as the kinder and more respectful ally and Sudamerica as the more ruthless one. It would provide a great deal of reasons for adventures in the Caribbean and explain the FSA's bitterness toward the UAN.

Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Both could be states loyal to the old Constitution.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I love Hawaii as the FSA’s Taiwan, complete with a “Constitution Party” that asserts its status as the lawful government of the United States, and a “Sovereignty Party” that asserts independence from the mainland and wants to recrown an indigenous constitutional monarch.

Australia provides arms and has unofficially but aggressively backed the Constitution Party government, keeping the FSA at bay. China however is quietly been talking to Sovereign Party leaders about a geopolitical shift if their party wins the next election.

There’s some perfect irony to Hawaii being the US’s last bastion AGAINST a corporate-military junta.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 03-14-2020, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    That's exactly what I want. I thought the game was supposed to specialize in specialize in optimism. So what do I do if want to be a good guy but not Neo in the first act of the Matrix. I would mix together the themes of Weirdworld brought on Taint, Isolated surivors (both small populations and walled Megacities) and Bastions of hope.

like what is the status of Hawaii? Is it part of the FSA? The Moon and Hawaii I always figured would be the major bastions of PreFSA USA culture.
    I like Hawaii as pure America on the Earth and either the Moon or Orbital Stations as the bastion for it in space.

So yeah, basically what you say is how I think it should be. To me what it is, is unfun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X