Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was your favorite of the original three games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Conceptually Aberrant, in execution Adventure!
    Same here, with Trinity bringing up the rear. Each game is packed quite a bit closer in the new editions.

Comment

Adventure, because I like the genre and its general sense of optimism, as well as the fact that it's a historical setting that I find interesting.
      However, Æon/Trinity was one of the first sci fi settings I remember liking a lot, primarily because it didn't fall into the trope of every planet - or in this case Earth - having this single monoculture that Star Wars, Star Trek, and the like have tended to rely on. Each region of Earth had a very different feel to it, and it's something I wish I saw more of in scifi.
      Aberrant was a very interesting idea, but I think it suffered heavily from both developers wanting everything to focus on their preferred faction, as well as a general attitude of constantly needing to remind everyone that they thought that the traditional superhero genre was uncool. I have for years felt that Green Ronin/Mutants & Masterminds Paragons setting was the concept done the way it should have been, and it's part of why I'm happy Steve Kenson is involved with the new version.
      Last edited by No One of Consequence; 11-12-2019, 04:32 AM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Aberrant first, because the system worked, mostly. And the setting was pretty good, metaplot and lack of cohesion aside.

Then adventure, a good setting with great mechanical ideas, such as Dramatic Editing. It was a little overcomplicated, though.

Trinity last, the setting idea was good. But there is one thing I hate in games, and it was that it hid secrets from the storyteller, which forced him to buy several books to learn about them piecemeal - while having to run the game based on these secrets. The psionic system was also too limited, the powers were very lackluster - so many things were not worth the investment.

Comment

Aberrant was the most frequently played at my table. But my favorite was Adventure! I used Adventure in homebrew modern and space opera games, for which it was excellent.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
          Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Originally posted by MythAdvocate View Post
            Aberrant was the most frequently played at my table. But my favorite was Adventure! I used Adventure in homebrew modern and space opera games, for which it was excellent.
            They'll will need to come up with a Space Opera/Planetary Romance supplement to Adventure! But they needed that for Mage: the Ascension too.

Comment

I'm eager to see what the Nexus produces for Adventure. Guides for cosmic horror, Agatha Christie style mysteries, and interplanetary sci fi in the vein of John Carter would all be welcome.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                They'll will need to come up with a Space Opera/Planetary Romance supplement to Adventure! But they needed that for Mage: the Ascension too.
                Once the Trinity Continuum gets some solid Nexus guidelines, I may crank one out myself.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
                Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Aeon has always been my favorite of the three.

Comment

Aberrant was the one I played and ran the most, but Adventure! was also a blast.

Comment

Working...
                    X