Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was your favorite of the original three games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which was your favorite of the original three games?

Exactly what it says on the tin: which of the three original trinity games was your favorite?

• tragedyjones
    replied
    Aberrant was the one I played and ran the most, but Adventure! was also a blast.

Leave a comment:

• graywulfe
    replied
    Aeon has always been my favorite of the three.

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    They'll will need to come up with a Space Opera/Planetary Romance supplement to Adventure! But they needed that for Mage: the Ascension too.
    Once the Trinity Continuum gets some solid Nexus guidelines, I may crank one out myself.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    I'm eager to see what the Nexus produces for Adventure. Guides for cosmic horror, Agatha Christie style mysteries, and interplanetary sci fi in the vein of John Carter would all be welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Originally posted by MythAdvocate View Post
    Aberrant was the most frequently played at my table. But my favorite was Adventure! I used Adventure in homebrew modern and space opera games, for which it was excellent.
    They'll will need to come up with a Space Opera/Planetary Romance supplement to Adventure! But they needed that for Mage: the Ascension too.

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    Aberrant was the most frequently played at my table. But my favorite was Adventure! I used Adventure in homebrew modern and space opera games, for which it was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• pcontop
    replied
    Aberrant first, because the system worked, mostly. And the setting was pretty good, metaplot and lack of cohesion aside.

Then adventure, a good setting with great mechanical ideas, such as Dramatic Editing. It was a little overcomplicated, though.

Trinity last, the setting idea was good. But there is one thing I hate in games, and it was that it hid secrets from the storyteller, which forced him to buy several books to learn about them piecemeal - while having to run the game based on these secrets. The psionic system was also too limited, the powers were very lackluster - so many things were not worth the investment.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Adventure, because I like the genre and its general sense of optimism, as well as the fact that it's a historical setting that I find interesting.
    However, Æon/Trinity was one of the first sci fi settings I remember liking a lot, primarily because it didn't fall into the trope of every planet - or in this case Earth - having this single monoculture that Star Wars, Star Trek, and the like have tended to rely on. Each region of Earth had a very different feel to it, and it's something I wish I saw more of in scifi.
    Aberrant was a very interesting idea, but I think it suffered heavily from both developers wanting everything to focus on their preferred faction, as well as a general attitude of constantly needing to remind everyone that they thought that the traditional superhero genre was uncool. I have for years felt that Green Ronin/Mutants & Masterminds Paragons setting was the concept done the way it should have been, and it's part of why I'm happy Steve Kenson is involved with the new version.
    Last edited by No One of Consequence; 11-12-2019, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SpectacularTentacular
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Conceptually Aberrant, in execution Adventure!
    Same here, with Trinity bringing up the rear. Each game is packed quite a bit closer in the new editions.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    Aberrant was my favorite, Adventure! was a very close second and sometimes in the lead. Trinity (Aeon) was always third, although the setting always had potential.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I agree to a point. My first contact with Aberrant was awesome, the flexibility and the power, but after a few runs I got disappointed with the power level, I mean, it’s too much too fast. Of course it’s the theme of the game, and it’s all about balancing your power and humanity, but still too much power. It’s personal, I love the game, but the power level make hard to build stories that don’t goes around power. The only reason I played Aberrant more than just a few times was because there was not Adventure, at least to my knowledge.

Adventure has a awesome execution and theme, It was what I was looking for when I was thinking about ironical super heroes (Stalwarts and Mesmerists at least), and the Daredevils were the ones that became my favourites (we played more than a few games of pulp heroes limited to Daredevils).

2e Aberrant have tha DarkStars, and that makes me feel more in tune to my expectations. Not that before you couldn’t, but even a 10Nova Points novas was virtually bullet proof, now you can play a more street level game, as I see at least.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    YES! This. Its a perfect summation.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Aeon (the 22nd century setting) was my favorite. First, it was space, and I love space because you can do pretty much any damn thing you want with it (Oops, looks like you crash landed on a planet of knghts and wizards. Luckily if you go through an underground area and fight some monster, you might find what you need to fix your ship). Second, it was the future and as such unwritten. With Adventure and Aberrant the player's actions were in some way meaningless because Adventure had to lead to Aberrant and Aberrant has to lead to Aeon. Aeon can lead to any thing the players lead it to become. Finally in Aeon you could realistically mix in everything from the previous games. One of our campaigns had a Psiad (focused on Telepathy), a Venezuela Phenomenon Nova (Time Manipulation), two Psions (Doc and Legion), and a Superior focused on computers/electronics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X