Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could make one real 2018 celebrity erupt - who and what powers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@mateusluz my friend is kind of heavy and people still find her attractive, but usually only after she lets them see her boobs (except for the ones who actually like her like her).

My point is, appearance is somewhat subjective, but it’s still important. However, I do agree that it can be accurately represented by the Striking Looks merit. You don’t need a whole separate attribute.

Thanks for talking this out with me.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Mateus Luz

The die is cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        Oh come with me my pretty little one
        Oh come with me my honey
        I swear by the blue eyes in my head
        That you’ll never want for money...

“My pretty little one.” Not “my high-Presence little one.”
        Yep, My. Pretty little one. Who will never want for money.

Does the blue-eyed person seem to be regarding the "pretty little one" with respect? Or as an equal? Because it doesn't sound like to to me.

Will a person with really good looks but a low Presence/Manipulation be able to bed people all the live-long night? Probably so. Will they be able to get those people to say "Yes" to anything beyond variations of "Wanna fuck?" Probably not.

Comment

johntfs shit. I never looked at it that way.

The die is cast.

Comment

Just getting way off on a tangent here, but the last time I saw something cool done with Appearance as an attribute was Exalted 2nd and Abyssals.

Comment

Originally posted by tragedyjones View Post
              Just getting way off on a tangent here, but the last time I saw something cool done with Appearance as an attribute was Exalted 2nd and Abyssals.
              I'm curious as to why you would go to Ex2 and Abyssals as an example instead of, say, the setup that Ex3 and Adventure! use for Appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by tragedyjones View Post
                The thing I remember from the previous version of Trinity is that Appearance was kind of... disposal. There was a 3 point physical Flaw called "Disfigured" which lowered your base Appearance to 0, but raised it to 5 for the purposes of Intimidation. And the NORCA can shapeshift. So a Biokinetic could take that "Flaw" and use Transformation to look like a supermodel until he wanted to scare the piss out of somebody, at which point he reverts to his butt-ugly self. So in one of the fundamental defining Attributes, you could skate by with a 0.

But if you can skate by with a 0, that pretty much means that's not really a fundamental Attribute. Anybody want to play with a 0 Dex? 0 Str? How about a 0 Intelligence? No, not so much?

Comment

johntfs I thought about what you said.

Do you agree that it would be helpful if someone with a high Presence and Manipulation score who wanted to convince another person to do something also had the Striking Looks merit?

Also, “little” in that song means short. Petite. He’s not demeaning her.

That being said, thank you. What you said above is the most useful advice I ever received on a gaming site.

The die is cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                    Ariana Grande. No clue about the powers, except maybe some Mega-Social Attributes.
                    The ability to grow cat ears, or at least take them as an aberration.

Comment

Florin I love it!!!

The die is cast.

Comment

Weird Al Yankovic erupts with the power to shapeshift.

Comment

In 2018 Stan Lee erupted with Regeneration, slow aging, and a mixture of powers that basically makes him the Super Skrull.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
                            Hmm, very well...

Erupt Greta Thunberg, give her Anteus's power set and let her rip.
                            Would her father actually get the powers?

Comment

Originally posted by muon View Post

Would her father actually get the powers?
                              Nah, defeats the purpose of the suggestion. Not enough chaos that way.

Next I'm trying to think of a celebrity in the political arena who isn't too old already, someone who will completely ruin the status quo there as well. I'd like to find some kind of law enforcement celebrity, but most such people are only in the media for obvious corruption or screwing up somehow.

Comment

Working...
                              X