TC Assasin book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Assasin book

Onyx Path announced new modern setting of Trinity Continuum - called Assassin is the modern world of criminals and assassins, in vain of Assassin’s Creed and John Wick franchises. Topic for discussing about those ideas, previews and gossips.

So, what do you think will be in TC Assasin setting?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Sounds like Deathstroke

Comment

Sounds like the Dark Side is tempting me now...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I have soo many ideas!

Comment

Sounds like a perfect campaign book. I especially like the fact you play heroes trying to bring light to the world by stopping the bad organizations.

All in all I'm looking forward to the powers and ifeas of this book.

Comment

Hmm. La Femme Nikita, Leon: The Professional, Colombiana, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, The Jackal, The Mechanic, Grosse Point Blank, Smokin' Aces. A lot to play with here.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I guess the repeated complaints by some that the TC core lacks enough word count on compelling antagonists was listened to.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

One thing that's a bit weird about Trinity:Core is that it doesn't totally work in terms of "present day." Right now it's January of 2020. The Aberrant Age is two years old in March. Team Tomorrow has been a thing for almost a year now. As of Dec. 31 2019, there were at least 350 Novas worldwide. And on Jan 1, 2020, Janos and Janice Karagian flew (using their Nova powers) to and walked on the Moon without space suits. Technically, that was eight days ago.

So unless you want Talents to be overshadowed in their era, you either set your game in the past (pre March 2018) or you set up a kind of "safe space" for Talents - a secret, underground world of crime/conspiracies/assassins unknown to the goofy flying energy blasters.

Comment

Or you go with the third option: the Galatea incident never happened in the setting covered in the TC core book, so there are no Novas for Talents to compete against.

In the Trinity Continuum, the future is what you make of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                    Or you go with the third option: the Galatea incident never happened in the setting covered in the TC core book, so there are no Novas for Talents to compete against.

In the Trinity Continuum, the future is what you make of it.
                    That's also true, though a lot of it is going to depend on how much Time/Dimension travel is going to be a thing. If you're doing a Talented Badasses vs Bad Guys standalone, then ignoring Galatea and other stuff is completely fine. If you want to do Time travel with the idea of these characters going forward to the Aberrant or Aeon age and then traveling back to the 30s for Adventure, you might need to do something different. Of course, one different thing you could do is simply have the Eras be different worlds/dimensions. Sure, the Aberrant age in Aeon ended in the Aberrant War - but the one in the Aberrant dimension doesn't have to. Likewise, in the characters go to Adventure! and decide to short-circuit WWII by killing that place's Hitler, that's also fine.

Comment

That “different dimensions” thing is more or less the default assumption in TC — except it isn't so much “different dimensions” as “different timelines”. In particular, the core setting and Aberrant are different possible futures for Adventure; and Æon is one possible future for Aberrant. And it's also possible that something like Aberrant and/or Æon are still in the core setting's future; if so, the differences may be as mild as the years of various events needing adjustment or as severe as… well, as you want it to be.

If you're going to throw time travel in, you may also want to allow cross-time travel.
                      Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-09-2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post
                        One thing that's a bit weird about Trinity:Core is that it doesn't totally work in terms of "present day." Right now it's January of 2020. The Aberrant Age is two years old in March. Team Tomorrow has been a thing for almost a year now. As of Dec. 31 2019, there were at least 350 Novas worldwide. And on Jan 1, 2020, Janos and Janice Karagian flew (using their Nova powers) to and walked on the Moon without space suits. Technically, that was eight days ago.

So unless you want Talents to be overshadowed in their era, you either set your game in the past (pre March 2018) or you set up a kind of "safe space" for Talents - a secret, underground world of crime/conspiracies/assassins unknown to the goofy flying energy blasters.
                        That’s the whole reason we have a “Continuum” instead of one set Timeline.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

I know Nova era is about Novas, but they are like 250 now (Jan 2020)? There is plenty of room for the Talents to shine... well, not shine because they are not famous and many do only black ops, but you got me... they can still be explorers and local heroes in general, but they never did really shine... not like Novas... they don’t need to be all in the underground world... just don’t need to be in the light spots...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I know Nova era is about Novas, but they are like 250 now (Jan 2020)? There is plenty of room for the Talents to shine... well, not shine because they are not famous and many do only black ops, but you got me... they can still be explorers and local heroes in general, but they never did really shine... not like Novas... they don’t need to be all in the underground world... just don’t need to be in the light spots...
                            Sure, but my post you quoted was essentially in response to glamourweaver's take that the Assassins book was in response to the idea that the Trinity Core antagonists sucked. Well, maybe, but figure it's also an effort to create some "less lighted spots" so that Talents can better shine in a world with Novas. If anything, it's an opportunity. Novas are just starting out, most of them haven't reached the "walking gods" level yet. So, you could have a situation where Talents, who are basically normal humans with a but of "flavoring" actually defeat Nova antagonists.

Comment

With the “The Bigger They Are” Gift in TC:Ab (assuming it survives to publication in something resembling its current form), a Talent has a much improved chance of holding his own against a Nova. Plus, Talents have access to Dramatic Editing; Novas, with a rare handful of limited exceptions, don't.

I don't have much fear that Talents will be unduly sidelined in TC:Ab. After all, we need our Batman and Green Arrow types.
                              Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-10-2020, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X