No announcement yet.

TC Assasin book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IanWatson thank you for clarifying that. I’m defo looking forward to Assassins.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Honestly I feel even the world of Darkness could have used a book like this. We need secret societies where Wyke and Beatrixe Kiddo can operate in!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I've long had this odd idea based on alleged ties between the Knights Templar as the Hashishiyyin sect, where after both groups were put down around 1300, they eventually joined into a single group that combined the former's finacial and banking power with the latter's assassination skills, and now operate as international financiers by day, high tech assassins by night.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          I've long had this odd idea based on alleged ties between the Knights Templar as the Hashishiyyin sect, where after both groups were put down around 1300, they eventually joined into a single group that combined the former's finacial and banking power with the latter's assassination skills, and now operate as international financiers by day, high tech assassins by night.
          I’d buy that supplement sold!

Comment

No One of Consequence I like your ideas . But how would reconcile the fact that the Templars are a Christian militant order (even if they were excommunicated by the Pope) and the Hashishiyyin are basically an Islamic militant order who have opposed each other's interests in the Middle East for over two hundred years?

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              No One of Consequence I like your ideas . But how would reconcile the fact that the Templars are a Christian militant order (even if they were excommunicated by the Pope) and the Hashishiyyin are basically an Islamic militant order who have opposed each other's interests in the Middle East for over two hundred years?
              Jonathan Maberry already did it in the Joe Ledger book, The Assassin's Code. He managed to toss in genetically engineered vampires, as well.

Comment

I suspect the idea isn't all that novel. In fact, I'm largely convinced that this was the unstated origin of the Nightcreeper ninja clan from GI Joe, as in the comics they were based out of a Swiss corporation/bank and all had Arabic names.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  HISTORICAL solution is really simple - first Caliphates lands in 7th century were, de facto, rebelled Byzantium provinces that took Islamic faith to their elites. Rest of the day-to-day life - customs, business, government. administrations, taxes, laws even - were the same as in Christian East Roman Empire, from where Caliphates lands came. Empires started to diverge in 9th century and onward. More, in early 7th century Islam was treated as 'weird variant' of Christianity or Judaism - dependent on the observer to it. Templar Order and Hashishiyyin can easily have the same roots in those times. 😎 ( I'm avid listener of History of Byzantium podcast, where it's laid out - episodes 57-59. 😉)
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-18-2020, 01:26 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Darn! I was hoping Assassins might involve intrigue in the Islamic world in the Middle Ages. Talents and Daredevils involved in complex conspiracies in an exotic setting. What we're getting sounds so mundane in comparison. On the other hand three million cheers for Adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                      Darn! I was hoping Assassins might involve intrigue in the Islamic world in the Middle Ages. Talents and Daredevils involved in complex conspiracies in an exotic setting. What we're getting sounds so mundane in comparison. On the other hand three million cheers for Adventure!
                      I would be tempted to call such a setting Arabian Nights, but I am prone to going for low hanging fruit at times.

Comment

I want an organization which uses some kind of device to look forward in time and uses assassins to "adjust" the timeline as needed to keep it on track towards whatever future they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                          I want an organization which uses some kind of device to look forward in time and uses assassins to "adjust" the timeline as needed to keep it on track towards whatever future they want.
                          So basically the Commission from The Umbrella Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

So basically the Commission from The Umbrella Academy.

But without the time traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

But without the time traveling.
                              Unless they're doing a Skynet and are actually existing in the future sending agents/messages to the past to "create" the timeline in which they exist.

Comment

Crossing me fingers but I'm hoping this supplement will be an avenue to add in some more martial arts rules!

I mean Assassins! I want Bullets and Fists! Aaaand maybe blades...

Comment

Working...
                                X