No announcement yet.

TC Assasin book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the film Terminal this weekend. While not exactly the sort of action film genre I suspect Assassins will be aiming for, it was an interesting mix of unique "not quite anywhere/when real" atmosphere, fun theatrics, and double/triple crosses that would all work well in an intrigue+action game.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      Watched the film Terminal this weekend. While not exactly the sort of action film genre I suspect Assassins will be aiming for, it was an interesting mix of unique "not quite anywhere/when real" atmosphere, fun theatrics, and double/triple crosses that would all work well in an intrigue+action game.
      When I hear Assassins I too go immediately for Tom Hanks as a Foreigner stranded at an airport.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Watched today fully first John Wick movie - now I hope that TC: Assassins will have Kickstarter in this year.

But as
        • Trinity Continuum: Adventure! core
        • Trinity Continuum: Assassins
        Are yet only at Redlines - I do not suspect they will be till 'Manuscript Approval' till the end of year.

Books for Kickstarter are send when they are at 'Manuscript Approval'...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I really think Assassins will not have a KS, as it was announced with Adventure, it will probably be to close to each other to worth 2 KSs for the same line almost at same time. So it will probably be out before Adventure, but after Adventure KS, that should be by the end of the year maybe beguinning of next.
          Last edited by Mateus Luz; 03-08-2020, 01:07 AM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Well, I am running a game using the Storypath rules but basing it in certain video games. Right now, it is starting with inFamous but someone wanted to play an Assassin (As in from the Assassin's Creed series) so now I will be able to see if a Talent can go toe to toe or at least hang with a bunch of novas.

Although, I will be glad to alter things some when the Assassin's book comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post
              One thing that's a bit weird about Trinity:Core is that it doesn't totally work in terms of "present day." Right now it's January of 2020. The Aberrant Age is two years old in March. Team Tomorrow has been a thing for almost a year now. As of Dec. 31 2019, there were at least 350 Novas worldwide. And on Jan 1, 2020, Janos and Janice Karagian flew (using their Nova powers) to and walked on the Moon without space suits. Technically, that was eight days ago..
              So why wasn't Aberrant's timeline pushed back a decade or so for 2nd ed?

Comment

Because the Trinity Continuum universe has been explicitly stated to be a continuum of countless parallel worlds, where whatever setting the players want to have is possible somewhere, and has even discussed concepts such as Aberrant is AEon’s past, but AEon isn’t necessarily Aberrant’s future.

Saying ‘Trinity Core doesn’t work because Aberrant is now’ has missed that point. They’re not a timeline, they’re a continuum.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  Because the Trinity Continuum universe has been explicitly stated to be a continuum of countless parallel worlds
                  Almost like a series of Infinite Earths ....

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Almost like a series of Infinite Earths ....
                    No real "almost" about it. In Trinity there really is not "Time Travel" except the normal kind of going forward at a normal pace. If you go into "the past" or "the future" you going into some parallel world. If your team of psions, psiad and Talents (or whatever) travels to 2230 in the middle of the Aberrant setting and somehow prevent the Aberrant War, well, good for them. It won't have any effect on the Aeon timeline.

Basically "time travel" works like it does in the Marvel Cinematc Universe in terms of dimensions and timelines. The main use that "time travel" would have is in terms of information and resources. Meeting Max Mercer in the 30s Adventure! time-line could give you insights into his plans today. Likewise if you have to take down the Aberrant known as the Spider Queen and you need some of them webbing from the heroine Webstress before she went Spider-freak, you're pretty going to need time/dimension travel.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

No real "almost" about it. In Trinity there really is not "Time Travel" except the normal kind of going forward at a normal pace. If you go into "the past" or "the future" you going into some parallel world. If your team of psions, psiad and Talents (or whatever) travels to 2230 in the middle of the Aberrant setting and somehow prevent the Aberrant War, well, good for them. It won't have any effect on the Aeon timeline.

Basically "time travel" works like it does in the Marvel Cinematc Universe in terms of dimensions and timelines. The main use that "time travel" would have is in terms of information and resources. Meeting Max Mercer in the 30s Adventure! time-line could give you insights into his plans today. Likewise if you have to take down the Aberrant known as the Spider Queen and you need some of them webbing from the heroine Webstress before she went Spider-freak, you're pretty going to need time/dimension travel.
                      Has this been confirmed? I'm not as well read in Trinity Lore but I thought a lot of this wasn't set in stone yet.

Comment

We have not defined the way time travel works, no. That's for a future supplement.

I should note that Max Mercer has indeed travelled through time without resorting to alternate timelines, so it's a theoretical possibility.

Ian A. A. Watson
                        Onyx Path Community Manager
                        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          When I hear Assassins I too go immediately for Tom Hanks as a Foreigner stranded at an airport.
                          This is a more recent (2018) film with Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, and Mike Myers. I'm not going to say it's the best film I've seen in the past year, but it has a lot of really nice set design that I would like to incorporate if I ever get a chance to run an Assassins game.
                          Last edited by No One of Consequence; 03-10-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I can’t think about assassins and not see the image of Antonio Banderas waiting the entire afternoon for Stallone getting out of the bank to put a bullet in his head. Old but gold...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_(film)

Comment

I'll check out the new Terminal.
                              Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                              I can’t think about assassins and not see the image of Antonio Banderas waiting the entire afternoon for Stallone getting out of the bank to put a bullet in his head. Old but gold...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_(film)
                              I can't but go to Desparado instead though! Ughhh such a good idea for a group! Mariachi's each with a gimmicky guitarcase!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                                I'll check out the new Terminal.

I can't but go to Desparado instead though! Ughhh such a good idea for a group! Mariachi's each with a gimmicky guitarcase!
                                Desperado is great, actually better. But the name...

Desperado was one of the movies that I watched so many times that I knew the lines. Just because it was in HBO when my family signed it first time (back last millenium...), and it used to play like 5 or 6 times every day...

Comment

Working...
                                X