Which Historical Eras?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Historical Eras?

We're clearly getting Adventure! first. (Let the heavens be praised!!!!!) But what other historical Eras do we want?

In my case I'd want...

1) 17th through 18th century Asia. Clearly to vast a subject, I'd expect a core book on Qing China and then branching out to Japan, India, Indonesia, et al. Wuxia fighting rules would support Adventure! and the Core setting.

2) Age of Sail, the Elizabethan Sea Dogs, the Sea Beggers, the early transoceanic navigation, and PIRATES!!! Lots of swashbuckling, conspiracy, Hermetic Occultists who touched the flux and thing it's the Azoth! Witch-hunts, colonial rebellion, the 15' , the '45, and more.

3) The Classical world.

4) The Arabian Nights.

5) The Age of Heroes. Everything from the Tain, to the Homeric epics, to the Mahabharata, and points east!

I'm guessing after Assassins will probably be Ægis.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      Fingers crossed!

Comment

The impression I have is that the plan is Æon, Aberrant, Adventure, Assassins, and then maybe Ægis or some other setting. I suspect we will get some sort of announcement of future plans in the later third of the year, if we are fortunate.

I think samurai era Japan would be an interesting historical setting for core talents (or Assassins).
        Also 1960s James Bond/Modesty Blase style spy adventures would be pretty cool.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

The Renaissance! I read Marvels Jonathan Hickman Shield series and I love the idea that Da Vinci is a handsome you literally Reed Richards level genius!

In my Apeiron: Trinity setting one of Hammersmith’s secret research artifacts was the secret notes of Da Vinci. And unknown to everyone Da Vinci May be the result of why that world split into three parallel universes after The Hammersmith event. Da Vinci retreated to make his eternal city in a pocket dimension. Three Da Vinci’s to be exact from parallel worlds that were exactly the same until the Hammersmith incident.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Dreaminggod is already doing something like this, but how about Trinity: Antediluvian? Basically a full-on Atlantis/Ancient Alien mish-mash of advance prehistorical civilizations including Novas, Psiads and Talents.

Also maybe pre-colonial First Nations of North and South America.

Comment

Given that Ian talks about it a lot, I’m guessing that Anima is next on the docket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Given that Ian talks about it a lot, I’m guessing that Anima is next on the docket.
                Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that one. So, yeah, probably Aberrant, Adventure, Assassins, Anima, Ægis, and then something new, maybe.

My ultimate unlikely to ever happen wish setting would be an official Venture Brothers setting book.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post
                  Dreaminggod is already doing something like this, but how about Trinity: Antediluvian? Basically a full-on Atlantis/Ancient Alien mish-mash of advance prehistorical civilizations including Novas, Psiads and Talents.

Also maybe pre-colonial First Nations of North and South America.
                  Both cool and the second out of the box. Once some of the others are up (particularly Age of Sail) then the Pre-contact Americas become an interesting stand alone easily sold as an adjunct to other settings. Once you can sell it then it can prove it's stand alone potential.

Comment

I'm still hoping for a greater time war setting, but historicals give a Time War developed venues.

Comment

Just off the top of my head:

1980s action heroes
                      1970s Adventure as mentioned in the original first ed timelines
                      1960s secret agents
                      1950s atomic science fiction/Adventure
                      1940s WW2 action

Victorian Era Adventure
                      Wild West

American Revolution/Napoleonic Wars

Europe in the late 16th century

The Japanese Sengoku/Warring States Period

The Chinese Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms Period

Europe in 800 AD, with Charlemagne's Holy Roman Empire, the Byzantines, the Vikings, and various other interesting forces

Rome during the Five Good Emperors Period

This just being regular historical settings for the Core Talents or Adventure's expanded set up, as opposed to radical divergences.

Comment

The impression I have is that the plan is Æon, Aberrant, Adventure, Assassins, and then maybe Ægis or some other setting. I suspect we will get some sort of announcement of future plans in the later third of the year, if we are fortunate.

I think samurai era Japan would be an interesting historical setting for core talents (or Assassins).
                        Also 1960s James Bond/Modesty Blase style spy adventures would be pretty cool.

I feel like I was one of 9 people who really, really enjoyed The Man From UNCLE film. Cold War era spy stuff is a personal favorite. I really tried to like SpyCraft - and they worked their asses off on the game - but I think that Talents could populate such fantastic setting under the OP/StoryPath rules. Secret societies, terrorism, alphabet agencies run amok, conspiracies, nuclear brinksmanship, Operation Paperclip, MK Ultra, the space race and a car or two that can go underwater.

I'm also a dork for samurai - SIGN ME UP FOR YOUR NEWSLETTER, No One Of Consequence.

Comment

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that one. So, yeah, probably Aberrant, Adventure, Assassins, Anima, Ægis, and then something new, maybe.

My ultimate unlikely to ever happen wish setting would be an official Venture Brothers setting book.
                          Venture brothers has influenced me more then you can imagine! Specially the origins of the League and the Orb. It’s up their with the League of Extrodinary Gentleman and the Shield Miniseries!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

We need to have the Guild of Calamitous Intent in Assassin.

Comment

Working...
                            X