• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

(...)

Does that help?

It does, thank you. But I will have to make two questions/clarifications:

- What is it rolled to make the attack pool on each round, Psi + Mode? Is this attack roll reflexive or use an action?
    - Mixed actions work by allocating successes between the actions. How would changing the type of an effect work in a mixed action? One success per effect changed?

Comment

• Hi!

For Aberrant, can the players purchase the Impervious Tag for Toughness as well as the Environmental and Hard Armor tags?

Comment

• Also--Aberrants appear to be able to resist mental/emotional control, but not so much memory alteration, mental attacks, mental illusions, or telepathy. Am I missing something here?

Comment

• Another question: How can the Fighter Archetype for Novas get the Dreadful Presence Mega-Edge when they don't have the necessary dot in Mega-Presence? I can see the Overwhelming Denial Mega-Edge, or Subtle Presence, but not Dreadful Presence.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but Pistols and Rifles appear at Scale 2 in the Aberrant book. Does this mean that firearms need to be treated as Scale 2 weapons? If so, what does that mean for armour?

Comment

• I have some questions about Boost

If the variable power tag is applied, is there a limit on the number of times it can be activated? In other words, does the variable tag allow for activation applying to several attributes over several turns (or even the same turn with a mixed action?

When applying the Extra Attributes how do you calculate the cost, particularly with relationship to the reduced cost power tag? It says that you multiply the Quantum point cost by the number of attributes affected. So if a nova has Boost with the Extra Attribute tag and the Reduced Cost (2) tag, what would be the cost of activating Boost for 2 attributes? Is it (Cost-1)*2=2 or is it (Cost*2)-1=3?

Comment

• So not really a question but maybe. My group likes solid numbers or will ask for something a bit more solid then the scale chart. So I was looking at the speed table to get rough estimates on what each rank is roughly for speed, also so I as a SG have an understanding. I could easily be wrong here but a quick google search makes it look like the descriptor for 7-8 should be flipped. As escape velocity is around 40k kph and orbital velocity is around 27k kph. Is the wrong? I just did a quick google search.

Also a Mega-Cunning question. On scale for imitative should I just run it as from a base of 1 across the boards and give everyone the 2 enhancement for every scale rank? Otherwise it seems like it would be a nightmare tracking differences between baselines and other novas.

Comment

• Lately, wht the telepath in the AEOn group, there have arisen some questions about whom can he contact (surface skim and deep scan, for example).

How much aware of the character need the PC be? I mean, is in necessary to have any some kind of noetic connection, or just knowing someone is there, even if you have never het him before, is enough? (for example, you hear someone behind a closed door. Copuld the telpepath read his mind?)

Another question is about range. Surface Skim states that it can be used at Mindscan range. Does it mean that Mindscan has to be activated before?

Thanks!

Comment

• What is the Xp value needed for Aberrant to make them equivalent to a Demi-God.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcontop View Post
                      - What is it rolled to make the attack pool on each round, Psi + Mode? Is this attack roll reflexive or use an action?
                      Yes, Psi + Mode. If the laser continues to attack the same target each round, I’d say it’s reflexive.

- Mixed actions work by allocating successes between the actions. How would changing the type of an effect work in a mixed action? One success per effect changed?
                      Yes, you need to spend one success to actions that don’t require dice rolls in mixed actions.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowknyght View Post
                        What is the Xp value needed for Aberrant to make them equivalent to a Demi-God.
                        If you're asking about a direct comparison to Scion, there isn't one, as the two games are quite different. You'll have to come up with your own values, depending on the powers and abilities you want to mimic.

Ian A. A. Watson
                        Onyx Path Community Manager
                        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post
                          Psiads can combine multiple aptitudes, and Adaptability always tries to activate to protect a character from harm. Would a psiad with Adaptability be able to reflexively activate a defensive power from another aptitude if used as a combined effect? (Putting up a mind shield when about to be mind-controlled, or teleporting away, without prior activation of those powers, for example)
                          I’ve been debating with myself on this one. Overall, I think that yes, you could do this, but I can’t really see the cost benefit to it. Adaptability requires sufficient dots to reflexively trigger the action. So you’d need to activate Adaptability at the required level for the non-BK effect and keep it running. Using the Telepathy example, you’d need one dot, which is simple enough. So you’d activate the first dot of Adaptability and keep a Psi point committed to it, so that if you’re later hit by a telepathic effect you can spend another Psi point to activate the shield. Why not just activate your shield and keep that psi point committed?

The Psi Powers chapter in the upcoming Prometheus Unbound looks at combined Aptitudes in more detail. (As well as much more.)

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Sorry. Please delete.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• Originally posted by Sothus View Post
                              Lately, wht the telepath in the AEOn group, there have arisen some questions about whom can he contact (surface skim and deep scan, for example).

How much aware of the character need the PC be? I mean, is in necessary to have any some kind of noetic connection, or just knowing someone is there, even if you have never het him before, is enough? (for example, you hear someone behind a closed door. Copuld the telpepath read his mind?)
                              There’s two answers to this. First, you’d need to be able to see the target if you don’t have a noetic connection to them. Just having a hunch that someone’s on the other side of the door based on sound isn’t enough. However, the second part is that you can use the Mindscan basic power first to detect minds around you - including the one on the other side of the door. This gives you a noetic connection that you can then use for other telepathic powers.

Another question is about range. Surface Skim states that it can be used at Mindscan range. Does it mean that Mindscan has to be activated before?
                              If you don’t have line of sight, then yes, you need Mindscan active to give the noetic connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I’ve been debating with myself on this one. Overall, I think that yes, you could do this, but I can’t really see the cost benefit to it. Adaptability requires sufficient dots to reflexively trigger the action. So you’d need to activate Adaptability at the required level for the non-BK effect and keep it running. Using the Telepathy example, you’d need one dot, which is simple enough. So you’d activate the first dot of Adaptability and keep a Psi point committed to it, so that if you’re later hit by a telepathic effect you can spend another Psi point to activate the shield. Why not just activate your shield and keep that psi point committed?
                                My guess was that it covers cases where you don't know what other mode might be useful- Telepathic attack? Up goes the mind shield. Someone nukes your town? Teleport away a few kilometers. It would seem to give the option of using any other power the character might happen to know reflexively in the cause of keeping your character alive without having to predict the nature of the threat or to even be fully aware of it.

Also, in general, does Adaptability have to be activated first (with a psi point committed to keep it active) to keep it ready for a future threat, or will it activate itself in response to a threat if the psion/ad has sufficient psi points?

Comment

Working...
                                X