This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post
    Also, in general, does Adaptability have to be activated first (with a psi point committed to keep it active) to keep it ready for a future threat, or will it activate itself in response to a threat if the psion/ad has sufficient psi points?
    Adaptation will try to activate in response to an appropriate threat. It still requires the successful psi roll, but in these instances the roll (and Psi point expenditure, if any) is reflexive.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Trying to determine if this is a RAW legal Q-Tech Device*.
      Thrillshot Aerial Duelist (Rank 5, 7 Nova Traits, 20 Edges, 6 Tags)
      Designed by English Megagenius Colby Thorn, the Thrillshot suit grants the Nova wearing it the ability to fly at subsonic speed with grace, while also providing solid protection from small arms.Consisting of a sealed novastolo suit and helmet, the Thrillshot utilizes microjets in the boots, back, arms, and hands to grant aerial speed and maneuverability. Though unarmed, the Thrillshot does not prevent the Nova from wielding hand-held weapons.
      Mega-Attributes: Mega-Dexterity 2
      Mega-Edges: Toughness 2
      Quantum Powers: Flight 3
      Durability Scale: 2
      Edges: Hair Trigger Reflexes, Keen Sense (Vision, Hearing), Sniper 3, Hardy 3, Tough Cookie 2
      Armor Tags: Complete 3, Environmental 2, Soft 1
      Soft Armor Value: 3 (Toughness, Tough Cookie, and Soft 1)

Hard Armor Value: 0
      Weaponry: None
      Other: Speed Scale 3 flight

*I know that TC: Aberrant and TC: Core don't have the Environmental and Complete armor Tags)

Community Content Creator - OPP Freelancer - Storyguide / Storyteller
      Currently Running: Trinity Continuum: Aberrant, Cyberpunk Red

Comment

• Question on speed scale for Aberrant. As in the book space speed goes up to a scale of 6. Earth to Mars in 30 minutes. What happens when a nova reaches quantum 6+ and can have space speed 7?

On start a 150xp nova could have space speed 6 and a normal speed scale of 10 which is faster.

Does the mega-dex speed still stack with flight? As written now it would not in the last backer PDF yet space speed still refutes to it as a speed boost for space flight.

Comment

• 1) I've got a question about boosting Psi powers. If I've only got, for instance, Photokinesis 1 but I want to boost it to Photokinesis 3 (Photonic Power) to shoot a laser beam, do I calculate the effects of Photonic Power with my actual Mode rating of 1 (giving me 1 Enhancement and 1 tag/success) or the power's Mode rating of 3 (giving me 3 Enhancement and 3 tags/success)?

2) Can you apply Aim-based Edges such as Sniper or Trick Shooter to ranged attacks with psi powers like Photonic Power or Velocity, even though they don't actually use the Aim skill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wynterknight View Post
            1) I've got a question about boosting Psi powers. If I've only got, for instance, Photokinesis 1 but I want to boost it to Photokinesis 3 (Photonic Power) to shoot a laser beam, do I calculate the effects of Photonic Power with my actual Mode rating of 1 (giving me 1 Enhancement and 1 tag/success) or the power's Mode rating of 3 (giving me 3 Enhancement and 3 tags/success)?
            You use the character’s actual Mode rating.

2) Can you apply Aim-based Edges such as Sniper or Trick Shooter to ranged attacks with psi powers like Photonic Power or Velocity, even though they don't actually use the Aim skill?
            RAW no, but feel free to give it a try and see how it works for your table.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Hi! I've got a question about the Biokinesis basic power Form Mastery.

The text includes this line: "Total the successes; extra Psi points (in addition to the powers’ base costs) may be required to perform all the transformations in this shape." What does this mean? I don't see anything anywhere about spending extra Psi for additional benefits. In what case would you need to spend additional Psi points, outside of the powers' base costs?

Comment

• Quantum/2: should we round up or down?

Powers like "Quantum Attack" (Aberrant p 219) and "Quantum Construct" (Aberrant p 220) refer to some parameter values to be equal to "Quantum/2". Since these power descriptions do not tell us how to round these, and I couldn't find any guideline about default rounding in the book... what is the default rounding for Aberrant Trait divisions (especially Quantum)? Thank you!

Comment

• Variable (X) Tag: examples

Could you please give us some concrete examples of use of this tag? (Aberrant p 204). Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X