This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

People have been doing that in this very thread for months already.

As have I, but some questions seem to keep getting missed. Let's try them again:

1) As it stands now, it appears that novas have little to no defense against telepathy. There WAS a Mega-edge that protected against it and other mental attacks, but it went away. Is the Iron Will Edge and the Indomitable Merit supposed to interfere with having one's mind read, or is telepathy a vulnerable area to novas? Does Mega-Composure grant scale to resist telepathy, and if so, what Skill +Attribute is rolled against what to prove success or failure?

2) I notice that Armor from the Toughness Mega-Edge has a durability Scale rating. How does Scale affect the armor? If the armor is higher Scale, does it have a higher Soft armor rating? If it's 3+ higher than the attack Scale, does the attack do nothing?

3) Can the Impervious Tag be added to Toughness or Quantum Field? If so, why wasn't that listed? If not, why not?

More as I think of them

Comment

• If Doyen assist one another with psi powers, do they gain the bonuses psions do for combining aptitudes, or is this simply a trick engineered into the prometheus effect?

Comment

• Growth says a nova must “pay the cost again” when going from a smaller increased scale to a larger one (ie you went to size scale 3, but now want to go to 5). Does this mean you have to pay the full 5 QP to increase or just the difference of 2 QP?

Can you use Healing to remove more than one Injury Condition in a single roll if you have enough successes? (ie you have Healing 2 and get 4 successes, can you remove 2 Injured or 4 Bruised from the same roll for the single QP?)
        Last edited by CrackedMan; 05-24-2021, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post
          If Doyen assist one another with psi powers, do they gain the bonuses psions do for combining aptitudes, or is this simply a trick engineered into the prometheus effect?
          Under Alien Skies should help with this.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• I'm unsure about how the Feature of the Camaraderie Bond is actually useful - it provides the members of a group the short term ability to grant successes in a limited set of skills to other team members as 1-point enhancements, but this seems redundant (and more limited overall) with regards to the core mechanic's generic Enhanced Stunt ability, which lets any character spend extra successes to give themselves or any other character enhancement equal to the extra successes spent. Am I missing a benefit of the Camaraderie feature?

Comment

• Mundane Weapons Power Scale

Hi. Aberrant Scale Table (p.164) tells us that knives are intrinsically Power Scale 1, and that Pistols and Rifles are Power Scale 2.

a) So, if a Baseline shoots a Pistol against another Baseline, that means the weapon should be considered Scale 2? How does it interact with the TC:Core Rules for Weapons? Are common Pistols Scale 2 or Scale 1 after all?

Also, we know that you can't damage anything that is 3 or more Scales beyond yours ("The Bigger they are Gift", Aberrant p.98, shows us how this works).

b) So, if you have a Quantum Attack with Power (damage) Scale 1, we know there is a non-zero chance that you'll be able to damage something (or someone) with Durability Scale 3, but it's 100% guaranteed that you cannot damage anything of Scale 4, right?

c) That said, picture a Nova with Durability Scale 4. We know that he is 100% immune to baseline punches (these are Scale 1, so he is 3 Scales higher than a common punch). Is this nova 100% immune to Pistols too? Or a mundane Pistol should be considered Scale 2, and therefore, a Nova should have at least 2+3 = Durability Scale 5 to be 100% immune to Pistols?

Comment

• Is there a direct relation between Attribute dots and Scale in the Trinity Continuum? The scale examples show a Strongman and a Chess Grandmaster as Scale 2. Does this loosely translate to a minimum number of dots in the associated Might and Mental Attributes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uphill Gamer View Post
                  Is there a direct relation between Attribute dots and Scale in the Trinity Continuum? The scale examples show a Strongman and a Chess Grandmaster as Scale 2. Does this loosely translate to a minimum number of dots in the associated Might and Mental Attributes?
                  No. Something could be 5 dots of Might and Scale 1, while another thing is 2 dots but Scale 2. The 2 dot thing is just intrinsically more mighty than the 5 dot thing, but because the 5 dot thing is near the top of its potential it has a chance to competing with the 2 dot thing that’s a relatively weak example of its type.

But no amount of extra dots gives automatic Scale bump. The Chess Grandmaster probably has a Skill Trick related to chess that bumps their Scale to 2, the same as the strongman and Might tests.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• What I would like to have seen is the actual in-game stats for some if the inventions that were said to change the world (notably hyperfusion reactors, novastel, and eufiber). They were presented as coretech, but I dont know what the stats would look like, much less how to craft them without incorporating mega-edges and quantum powers.

Similarly, would one crafting things cures for cancer? That was also presented as coretech, but I don't know how to model that without using a quantum power.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered before but... we will be getting stats on the NPCs this time right?
                      Specifically Mal and Pax but the others as well.

Comment

• A few questions I would like clarification on:
                        -Can novas buy the superior trait edge so they can have normal attributes at 6. Is it possible for a story guide to allow this for his games.
                        -Mega stamina says novas have vastly increased lifespans but the books says ratings of 1 to 5 only give an extra 40 years of life then at rating 6+ you no longer age. This jump doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeonstorm View Post
                          A few questions I would like clarification on:
                          -Can novas buy the superior trait edge so they can have normal attributes at 6. Is it possible for a story guide to allow this for his games.
                          No, they have Scale instead. But if a Storyguide wants to allow it, that's up to them.

-Mega stamina says novas have vastly increased lifespans but the books says ratings of 1 to 5 only give an extra 40 years of life then at rating 6+ you no longer age. This jump doesn’t seem to make sense to me.
                          Okay? What's your question?

Ian A. A. Watson
                          Onyx Path Community Manager
                          Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

No, they have Scale instead. But if a Storyguide wants to allow it, that's up to them.

Okay? What's your question?
                            Oops sorry forgot to ask this. In regards to the mega stamina question is lifespan increase 40 years per dot of mega stamina or 40 years regardless of the rating until mega stamina 6 is reached. For example would a nova with mega stamina 5 have an extra lifespan of 200 years.

Comment

So should we assume the core book is wrong when it states:
                              These Edges can only be purchased by characters who are powered: talents, psions, psiads, novas, etc.
                              or is there a rule I missed in the Aberrant book that overrules it?

edit: Never mind. I found the new rule on page 183 of Aberrant.
                              Last edited by Shepherdboi; 06-12-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeonstorm View Post

Oops sorry forgot to ask this. In regards to the mega stamina question is lifespan increase 40 years per dot of mega stamina or 40 years regardless of the rating until mega stamina 6 is reached. For example would a nova with mega stamina 5 have an extra lifespan of 200 years.
                                Yes, 40 years per dot.

Ian A. A. Watson
                                Onyx Path Community Manager
                                Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Working...
                                X