Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about the toughness mega edge.
    Toughness 1 counts as wearing armour with soft 1 and complete 3. Does this mean the nova has scale 2 durability?

So for example would then toughness 3 give scale 4 durability or does it only grant scale 3 durability?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeonstorm View Post
      I have a question about the toughness mega edge.
      Toughness 1 counts as wearing armour with soft 1 and complete 3. Does this mean the nova has scale 2 durability?

So for example would then toughness 3 give scale 4 durability or does it only grant scale 3 durability?
      No, Toughness specifically notes that it only increases Scale after the first dot. Toughness 1 is Scale 1 armor. Toughness 2 is Scale 2, Toughness 3 is Scale 3 and so on.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Does the mega edge immunity work against radiation? If so would work against things like nanotech, prions. An expanded list of examples people have considered would be great.

Also something I was curious about is what other books for the aberrant line are in development or going to be released.
        Last edited by Aeonstorm; 06-16-2021, 12:54 PM. Reason: Additional questions

Comment

• It may seam a stupid question at first but people is reading so different than me that I need to ask.

Terrestrial x Non-Terrestrial tag in Environmental Anima may be interpreted as:

A. Earth-Like x Non-Earth-Like
          B. Land-based x Non-Land-Based

What is the right interpretation?

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• Is Quantum Leap (Aberrant p.195) pre-requisite a Typo?
            t says Mega-Might 2, but the description also says what happens if you get this Edge and have Mega-Might 1.

Comment

• Can a Vitakinetic with Psi 2 and Augendis 0 use "Reinforce" (Augendis 1), or "Stoicism" (Augendis 2)? If so, what's the Duration? Does the same logic apply to other "Mode dots time duration" Psi powers?

Also, what would be the armor value given by Reinforce? Does the same logic apply to other "value = Mode dots/2" Psi powers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timecrafter View Post
                Can a Vitakinetic with Psi 2 and Augendis 0 use "Reinforce" (Augendis 1), or "Stoicism" (Augendis 2)?
                No, you need at least one dot in a Mode to access the rest of it.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Sorry to ask, but is there some kind of Scale chart for the Storypath system? I have a hard time picturing each level of scale for different things, especially Mega-Attributes in Aberrant.

Comment

• Originally posted by jollycooperative View Post
                    Sorry to ask, but is there some kind of Scale chart for the Storypath system? I have a hard time picturing each level of scale for different things, especially Mega-Attributes in Aberrant.

There's a Scale example chart on p. 164 of Aberrant.

Ian A. A. Watson
                    Onyx Path Community Manager
                    Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• do Psiads suffer Psionic Dysfunction? if so, how? (I have Aexpansion, already read it and know Psiad rules, but couldn't find anything about this particular issue).

Comment

• Originally posted by Timecrafter View Post
                        do Psiads suffer Psionic Dysfunction? if so, how? (I have Aexpansion, already read it and know Psiad rules, but couldn't find anything about this particular issue).
                        They technically can, but it’s very difficult for them as their Mode caps make it difficult and dots from any Mode in any Aptitude count towards preventing it. To gain dysfunction a psiad would have to deliberately keep all but one Mode at 1 dot, take the Strong Mode Edge in a primary Aptitude, and pump that one Mode up to 4 dots.

In practice, it just doesn’t happen for psiads and is an unexpected side effect of the artificial limitations of the Prometheus Process.

Comment

• can Proxies buy the "Superior Trait" Powered Edge? Does it mean they can get to level 7 in Attributes?

Comment

• The Growth quantum power (Aberrant p. 212) states that the effective Mega-Might gained from Growth doesn't stack with existing Mega-Might.

However, other powers that can grant Mega-Might (Density, Molecular Chameleon, Transformation etc.) don't seem to have this limitation. Is there a particular reason why Growth is different?

Comment

• In Under Alien Skies, the description of Doyen throwing very large rocks very fast (p184) seems to suggest that the Level 6 powers can only boost one aspect of a power- like Size scale, or Speed Scale, but not both (the example used was of a Size 4 object at speed [3] or a Size 5 object at speed [2], but no option to increase both Size and Space Speed.)

This conflicts with earlier clarifications here of how Level 6 powers work. Which is correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post
                                In Under Alien Skies, the description of Doyen throwing very large rocks very fast (p184) seems to suggest that the Level 6 powers can only boost one aspect of a power- like Size scale, or Speed Scale, but not both (the example used was of a Size 4 object at speed [3] or a Size 5 object at speed [2], but no option to increase both Size and Space Speed.)

This conflicts with earlier clarifications here of how Level 6 powers work. Which is correct?
                                Level 6 powers can increase multiple aspects simultaneously but only one step per aspect. Please report the discrepancy to the errata form.

Comment

Working...
                                X