X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by Anglix View Post
    so if a Boikinesis uses GROSS MANIPULATION (••) and giving his body into armor getting Complete (3) and Hard (1) and uses his basic power FORM MASTERY and spends the xp to gain permanent access to the form, and then in 1 combat scene uses his FORM MASTERY to get his save ARMOR, but takes a wound to his hard armor. But on his next turn drops the power and as a reflexive action spending the Psi point cost re-cast the FORM MASTERY to get his save ARMOR again. As Transmogrify manipulates the biokinetic’s appearance is more than just cosmetic changes the mode modifies cellular structures. Would it come back with a fresh hard armor slot?
    Form Mastery is incorporating the alternate form and all its abilities into your noetic template. It’s not quite the same as a regular transformation, it’s not taking an ordinary action and seeing how many successes you get and crafting something new from psi. It’s sculpting the specific thing you want, binding it to who you are, and making it available via shortcut so you can transform into it with a reflexive expenditure of psi points.

So, with that in mind, certain effects will linger within your noetic template for a while. If your Form Mastery shape has Hard armor, and that armor gets chewed up, that’s actual damage lingering in your template. It does you no long term harm to your base form if you drop form mastery, and it doesn’t carry over if you have another form locked away in Form Mastery, but if you drop that one form and reapply it before the damage can ‘wash’ from your noetic template, you resume a form with chewed up Hard armor.

As for how long it takes for the damage to wash out of your template, the end of the scene seems like a reasonable length of time.

Leave a comment:

• Anglix
    replied
    so iv had answers on the discord about this also but i cant tell if the people replying are devs sadly i think they should make a admin roll so u can tell if its a dev talking on there or not.

but the question is about the gift "Ripped from the headlines" as someone pointed out it works like "take note of the specific wording and use that to your advantage if needed. “If the character is attempting to solve A problem” - emphasis mine - “substitute a character’s associated Skill for THOSE actions”. In other words, say the character is attempting to pick a lock on the door, that’s THE problem. He spends Inspiration and substitutes culture and picks the lock. Then he wants to use that Larceny to pick someone’s pocket, or crack a safe, or run a con game. Sorry, that’s not the action you can do. You can PICK LOCKS this scene. You don’t get the breadth of the skill like someone with the skill, you get the ability to solve one type of problem. No more locks in this scene to pick? Oh well."

or is it that u can use it as the full skill and do anything that skill covers?

Leave a comment:

• Anglix
    replied
    so if a Boikinesis uses GROSS MANIPULATION (••) and giving his body into armor getting Complete (3) and Hard (1) and uses his basic power FORM MASTERY and spends the xp to gain permanent access to the form, and then in 1 combat scene uses his FORM MASTERY to get his save ARMOR, but takes a wound to his hard armor. But on his next turn drops the power and as a reflexive action spending the Psi point cost re-cast the FORM MASTERY to get his save ARMOR again. As Transmogrify manipulates the biokinetic’s appearance is more than just cosmetic changes the mode modifies cellular structures. Would it come back with a fresh hard armor slot?

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

That's basically what Adventure! is already.
    Oh My God you are Right! Even more Excited for it now since I missed it the first time around!

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    Do you think we could ever get some sort of Crossover product? Like maybe after Adventure is released we eventually could get a beefy book for making a cross splat team?

That's basically what Adventure! is already.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Do you think we could ever get some sort of Crossover product? Like maybe after Adventure is released we eventually could get a beefy book for making a cross splat team?

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Reubens View Post
    Do all psionic abilities require a roll? There was a lot of confusion at our game on Monday as to if the Basic Powers that did not mention successes still needed a roll to activate them.
    Yes, but the guidance on p.59 of TC Core applies. If the scene is ticking along narratively, the pressure’s not on and the stakes aren’t high, just declare what’s worked and keep moving.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Reubens
    replied
    Do all psionic abilities require a roll? There was a lot of confusion at our game on Monday as to if the Basic Powers that did not mention successes still needed a roll to activate them.
    Last edited by Joshua Reubens; 02-19-2020, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MoroseMorgan
    replied
    Thanks impernious, it may just be that I phrased the question better this time, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the reversal!

I had rationalized that as long as Defense + Soft Armor (or just Defense in the case of an Antagonist) was at least 4 it was the same as a Critical, but it recently came to my attention I had misread Soft Armor values and was adding an extra 1, so the math works out much better now.

Leave a comment:

• impernious
    replied
    Originally posted by muon View Post

Is that one of the future books?
    Yes

When using a mixed action to attack multiple targets as described on page 103, can you attack the same opponent multiple times with a mixed action?
    It isn't specified one way or another, but mixed actions weren't intended to allow you to make multiple attacks on the same target, which would bypass the rule that allows you to only purchase the Inflict Injury Stunt once per attack.

Can you use Forceful Martial Arts and Precise Martial Arts simultaneously?
    Again, this isn't specified anywhere, and as rules, whatever. But using the fiction of what they are, I would say no. They are two different fighting styles, meaning they contain different maneuvers which give you the benefits listed. I can't imagine how you could use both simultaneously on the same attack, though you absolutely can switch between them from attack to attack depending on the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• JamesShazbond
    replied
    Can you use Forceful Martial Arts and Precise Martial Arts simultaneously?

Leave a comment:

• MoroseMorgan
    replied
    Asked this in the old thread, but wanted a chance to get it on record again.

When using a mixed action to attack multiple targets as described on page 103, can you attack the same opponent multiple times with a mixed action?

Leave a comment:

• muon
    replied
    Originally posted by impernious View Post

In the Aeon Supplement that includes novas there should be a small note about psions vs. novas for that supplement. Otherwise, aberrants are antagonists and use the antagonist rules presented in the Aeon books.
    Is that one of the future books?

Leave a comment:

• impernious
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post
    There is no difficulty level chart in Trinity like the one in Scion: Origin on page 63 to help GMs assign appropriate Difficulties for tasks. Is that chart still relevant to the Trinity game or is Trinity different enough that assigning difficulty levels are different? Are the probabilities between the two games the same?
    I was actually kind of shocked to see that this is true that Trinity doesn't have a Difficulty chart. I thought I had one, but at some point everything blurs together. If you want to use Scion's Difficulty chart, it would serve just fine. You may find Trinity characters with slightly higher Enhancement values than Scion characters, but they don't have access to as much Scale (at least not until Aberrant which is why we tossed an Enhancement cap into that game) so you should end up with similar probabilities until your characters have access to lots of psi powers. So maybe at that point you'll want to adjust accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• impernious
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

During Aberrant KS Danielle talked about some possible rules for Psions become able to increase their power Scale when fighting Aberrants (so it’s not a automatic fail when the Aberrant have Durability Scale 4+), but there were no plans to put it in a book, at least not one soon...

In the Aeon Supplement that includes novas there should be a small note about psions vs. novas for that supplement. Otherwise, aberrants are antagonists and use the antagonist rules presented in the Aeon books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X