Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Dev

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Hello again!

    An AEon question... in page 207 it is stated that a psion can combine multiple modes. Should we treat that as a mixed action, in order to determine what to roll?

    Thanks!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      So, I know you guys aren’t really answering Aberrant questions right now, but, as I was wondering something that was more setting related, I thought that might be alright?

      Anyway.

      I looked in the backer manuscript and, while it discusses particular eruptions, it never really discusses eruptions in general, what that feels like, and just how dangerous/obvious it could/should be. So, I was curious if there are any suggested particular limits around eruption. Can someone simply “ease” through without really even noticing? Can someone without any energy related powers still have an “explosive” eruption?

      How much can someone’s body change without buying powers/mutations to represent that? Like, if a character had not been strong before, could they buy increased Might because of their eruption, even without getting Mega-Might? Could you justify buying Edges like Striking without necessarily taking Mega-Attributes when you erupted? Could you have changes that were effectively “cosmetic” without needing to have a Transformation or a power like Morph? Could someone with gender dysphoria subconsciously “reassign” themselves during the eruption or would taking specific powers be recommended for that? Could various physical issues be spontaneously healed during an eruption without the Nova having regenerative powers afterward?

      Even if this is more of a table level decision, it might be worth a text box or something in the chargen chapter to give people some ideas for where the limits are, if any.
      It's intentionally vague. Whatever works for your table.


      Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Sothus View Post
        Hello again!

        An AEon question... in page 207 it is stated that a psion can combine multiple modes. Should we treat that as a mixed action, in order to determine what to roll?

        Thanks!
        Yes, this is a mixed action.


        Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

          It's intentionally vague. Whatever works for your table.
          Adding a text box to that effect in the chargen section might be useful, just to give everyone permission to have Eruption do whatever they need it to do.


          ....

          Comment


          • #65
            Blink (Teleportation Translocation 1) describe a stunt in a way I don’t understand exactly what to do.
            Blink: Like the Dodge Stunt, the Translocation + Psi roll generates successes, which an opponent must overcome in order to inflict an Injury. The character teleports no more than a single range band and always either teleports away from an opponent or behind cover, whichever option is most obviously effective.
            Do I roll Mode+Psi instead of regular defense or do I add it to the regular defense roll when using this stunt? How much does this stunt cost?
            Thnaks!


            House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
              Blink (Teleportation Translocation 1) describe a stunt in a way I don’t understand exactly what to do.

              Do I roll Mode+Psi instead of regular defense or do I add it to the regular defense roll when using this stunt? How much does this stunt cost?
              Thnaks!
              You activate the Blink power as per standard Psi power rules - rolling Psi + Translocation as an ordinary action. This gives you your successes that you add to your Defense for subsequent attacks. Whether the opponent hits or not, Blink then teleports you away.

              When using Blink as your Defense stunt you don’t get to roll a Resilience Attribute as well - you’re either relying on psi or your own body.

              I’m not sure what you mean by how much does it cost.


              Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

              Comment


              • #67
                Thanks, it’s clear now.
                I missed the activation as part, so I was thinking Blink was a part of the defensive roll (and so a stunt you must buy using the roll).


                House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

                Comment


                • #68
                  My group and I spent a couple of hours smashing our heads against the specifics of Auxiliary Modes, and I was hoping to get some clarification.

                  On page 209 of the Trinity Continuum: Aeon rulebook it says - "Auxiliary Modes also provide access to that Aptitude’s basic powers. However, psions can’t attempt to manifest greater effects than their Auxiliary Mode dots allow or combine Auxiliary Modes or their associated basic powers with any other powers, including their Aptitude."

                  Firstly, what exactly does 'psions can't attempt to manifest greater effects than their Auxiliary Mode dots allow' mean? Is it:
                  A) Psions with one dot in an Auxiliary Mode gain access to ONLY the Auxiliary Aptitude's Basic Powers AND ONLY the first (lowest) power in that specific mode.
                  or
                  B)Psions with one dot in an Auxiliary Mode gain access to the Auxiliary Aptitude's Basic Powers AND (whilst keeping within the rules that govern the use of powers beyond her mode dot) may attempt to use the higher powers in whichever Mode she's got the Auxiliary point in.
                  or
                  C) Something else completely...

                  And secondly, what does '...(can't)...combine Auxiliary Modes or their basic associated powers with any other powers, including their Aptitude' mean, particularly in regards to Attunement? Does someone with an Auxiliary Mode dot in one of the Clairsentience disciplines need to choose between rolling more dice to Attune via their primary (due to the higher dice pool) and rolling fewer dice (albeit it with a chance of attaining the additional information and range that a Clear's 'The Sight' and 'Extended Attunement' provide), or is the act of Attuning an 'all of your Attunement abilities rolled into one' sort of thing?

                  Thanks to all involved in the Trinity Continuum for their hard work and obvious enthusiasm. It absolutely shines through.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Hounded View Post
                    A) Psions with one dot in an Auxiliary Mode gain access to ONLY the Auxiliary Aptitude's Basic Powers AND ONLY the first (lowest) power in that specific mode.
                    A is the correct answer.

                    Originally posted by Hounded View Post
                    Does someone with an Auxiliary Mode dot in one of the Clairsentience disciplines need to choose between rolling more dice to Attune via their primary (due to the higher dice pool) and rolling fewer dice (albeit it with a chance of attaining the additional information and range that a Clear's 'The Sight' and 'Extended Attunement' provide)
                    Yes. Auxiliary Modes are a remnant that couldn’t be entirely eliminated from psions, and don’t function as smoothly as multiple Aptitudes would work for psiads.


                    Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Awesome. Thank you so much for the clarification!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Hello again!
                        Three questions, this time regarding Storyguide Characters.

                        On page 139 of the Core Rulebook, there is a nice table with the pools for these characters. But if I go to the Human Supporting Cast (AEON page 327), I notice that not only Major Characters do not correspond to these pools in the table, but that Minor Characters do not follow the rules at all, as they have Mental/Physical/Social pools and no Primary/Secondary/Desperation Pools.

                        So, how are NPC managed?

                        Also, another doubt I have is regarding modes. In order to keep a balance with the threat level they pose, they should be different if they are Minor/Medium/Moderate/Major/Colossal Threats (according to Core book). How many dots in modes should a Storyguide Character have?

                        And last but not least... this threat level is according to what number of PC? Something that is lethal to two characters could be piece of cake to 7 characters...

                        Thank you very much, again! :-)

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Sothus View Post
                          On page 139 of the Core Rulebook, there is a nice table with the pools for these characters. But if I go to the Human Supporting Cast (AEON page 327), I notice that not only Major Characters do not correspond to these pools in the table, but that Minor Characters do not follow the rules at all, as they have Mental/Physical/Social pools and no Primary/Secondary/Desperation Pools.
                          The numbers and Attributes for Storyguide Characters in Trinity Continuum Core were revised and updated late in the production cycle, and unfortunately the numbers in TC: Aeon weren’t adjusted to match before printing. Use the details in TC Core as the better calibrated numbers.

                          Originally posted by Sothus View Post
                          Also, another doubt I have is regarding modes. In order to keep a balance with the threat level they pose, they should be different if they are Minor/Medium/Moderate/Major/Colossal Threats (according to Core book). How many dots in modes should a Storyguide Character have?
                          Use the Source and Anomaly Powers columns in the antagonist table (p.139) as a guide to how many total dots they may have.

                          Originally posted by Sothus View Post
                          And last but not least... this threat level is according to what number of PC? Something that is lethal to two characters could be piece of cake to 7 characters...
                          You’ll have to figure out this one based on your group of characters, Their abilities, and the needs of your story.


                          Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Is there official word yet on what has happened to specific American cities in the Aeon timeframe? Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York especially. Anything in any of the sourcebooks?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Fromage View Post
                              Is there official word yet on what has happened to specific American cities in the Aeon timeframe? Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York especially. Anything in any of the sourcebooks?

                              Further details on Earth will be in Terra Firma.


                              Ian A. A. Watson
                              Onyx Path Community Manager
                              Trinity Continuum Content Lead

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Can Telekinesis be used to grapple someone? Lift them off the ground to keep them from being able to move around, etc? Most of the powers describe moving "objects" but it doesn't seem clear whether living beings are included in that category. Is there a standard system for resolving such attempts? How many dots would be necessary?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X