This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not find this asked before, so here it is:

How does Dynamic Control work, in practice?

What I get is this:

You roll dynamically for it to be activated, then assign the uses for Mode electromagnetic broadcasts.

"Once activated, each laser or other beam functions on its own, but moving, altering, or redirecting more than one of these lasers per round requires a mixed action."

What about the next turns, if you do not reassign anything, how many successes does it get on the attack? Do you roll for each attack separately and reflexively (with a full pool)? Or do you roll reflexively psi + mode + enhancements and assign successes for each task (defend, attack, wall, rework data) in a mixed roll? Or is the mixed roll to define successes for attacking, defending, etc, not reflexive? Or is it only non-reflexive when you reassign operations?

Comment

• Originally posted by pcontop View Post
      Could not find this asked before, so here it is:

How does Dynamic Control work, in practice?
      Just noting that I’ve seen this and will get back to you soon, but can’t today.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Looking through the Aberrant backer PDF, very excited!

I like the new implementation of Techniques using a mega-edge.

Question on Power Suites and mixed actions.

Say I have a Power Suite that is Elemental Mastery Fire, with the sub-powers Quantum Attack (Beam) [a flamethrower like attack] and Flight [rocket flames from my feat].
        Using my quantum attack while flying is a Mixed Action, and therefore I cannot use the Spray stunt?

How would this be different if I had Flight and Quantum Attack as independent powers not part of a Suite (aside from costing more XP wise)?

Essentially, could you give me a few specific examples of setups where a power suite is WORSE than having the powers separately aside from the XP cost/savings?

Comment

• With the Technique mega-edge, if I increase the xp cost on the base power, do the other powers in the suite change at all?

Comment

• Is there any amount of pointing out what “Bender” means in the U.K. that will get you guys to rethink Corbin’s moniker? His writeup references a “double-meaning” with regard to his drinking, but does not acknowledge he’s walking around calling himself a pejorative for gay men.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Is there any amount of pointing out what “Bender” means in the U.K. that will get you guys to rethink Corbin’s moniker?
              We had extensive conversations about it and ultimately decided to leave it as is. Aberrant errata, however, is not what the Ask A Dev thread is for. You're welcome to use the errata form if you disagree with our decison.

Ian A. A. Watson
              Onyx Path Community Manager
              Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• Alright, with the backer PDF out, I'm checking out various revisions compared to the preview, and I hit a minor snag in chargen. I see the new option for taking Transformations to discount things replacing the "take a point of Transcendence for half cost" option, but that option still appears on page 90. I just want to make sure that either both options exist, or if one supersedes the other.

On that note, the 'take a Transformation for an XP discount' option only lists low and mid level transformations. Are high level ones intended to be impossible at chargen, and if one wished to allow it anyway what would an appropriate discount be?

Comment

• Forgot this was the Ask the Dev thread

Comment

• Q-Tech questions:
                    1. Buying Qtech item requires the Q-Tech experience cost listed in page 94 or do you need to build it as in the rules of q-tech construction?
                    2. I believe Qtech construction referencing Q-Tech Mega Edge is referring to this Experience cost, not to the Mega Edge itself. Is that right?
                    3. Can you attune to a device (maybe temporarily) without paying the experience cost?

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• Aberrant Preview Question here: I noticed that the Mega-Edges MENTAL FOCUS and QUANTUM STABILITY appear to have vanished. Mental Focus seems to be particularly missed, since there seems to be no other way to combat mental powers, unless the Scale bonus from Mega-Composure plays a part.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post
                        Aberrant Preview Question here: I noticed that the Mega-Edges MENTAL FOCUS and QUANTUM STABILITY appear to have vanished. Mental Focus seems to be particularly missed, since there seems to be no other way to combat mental powers, unless the Scale bonus from Mega-Composure plays a part.

Is Mega-Composure meant to grant Scale? (yes this is a dev question, but it's a follow up inspired by the above)

Comment

• Is Leadership Scale supposed to grant stronger social power over individuals, or does it just increase the number of people that can be influenced at once without penalty?

- if the latter, how does it interact with Mass Influence doing the same thing?

- If the former does that mean if a Mega-Presence 6 Nova tries to command the President of the US (Leadership Scale 7 by the Chart on 164), it's an unmodified roll, and any Nova with lower Mega-Presence would be operating at a Scale deficit?

Comment

• Is taking a transformation to reduce the exp cost for a nova trait permanent or only for a single purchase?

With the Quantum Agent power and the tag Horde i can create an army of creatures, but im not finding some kind of mass combat rules.
                            How do i rule a fight of 1000 vs 1?
                            Last edited by Sakii; 11-04-2020, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Hey, overall rules are great, just have a few quick questions. I'm mostly trying to make sure certain things are design decisions and not errors, and also figure out the reasoning behind them to see if I'm missing something.

1) It is deliberate that Mega-Might and Toughness be one Scale better than Quantum Attack and Quantum Field? If so, why? Are there tradeoffs that make the latter two better in other ways?

2) Is Quantum Deflection really not supposed to grant Scale? It seems really weak right now.

With Quantum 5 and Quantum Deflection 5, it basically gives Defense +4 against a single attack or less against multiple attacks, and costs 2 points per round. Whereas at that level, Quantum Field would give the equivalent of about Defense +10 that works against every attack and only cost 1 point per scene, and Toughness would give Defense +12 against every attack and not cost anything. Is there something about Quantum Deflection that makes it better than I'm thinking?

3) How strong are the quick NPC novas from the antagonists chapter supposed to be compared to the average PC? Are they supposed to be serious threats or more like lackeys? They seem to be a bit on the weak side.

4) I realize that Aeon and Aberrant have different rules, even though they seem similar, and you can't really assume that something in one works the same way in the other. But in setting terms, are the sample crazed space monster aberrants from Aeon supposed to be stronger than modern novas, equivalent to them, or weaker than them?

Comment

• Also, is Attunement gone? Has it been folded into the rules somewhere and I'm just missing it?

EDIT: Never mind! I fail at reading stuff.
                                Last edited by SpectacularTentacular; 11-12-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X