X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tritoninvestigator
    started a topic TC:A Cultural Inspiration

TC:A Cultural Inspiration

Hi! Longtime Trinity fan, just starting a new campaign with the new rules, and I'm stoked!! (a terrorist plot involving rogue QK's armed with Huang-Marr Devices threatening the Kenya sky-hook, if you're interested).

What I'm wondering is: what does Muzzein Bang *sound* like? What Afro-futurist inspirations can be found out there? I would love a soundtrack to my campaign that evokes these kinds of themes - are there any particular Artists or works that you would recommend to evoke future Africa?
    Besides music, I've obviously watched the sh*t out of Black Panther - what else is out there for a some-what out of touch (but learning!) 30-something?
    Thanks!

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Another possible source to check out is South African musician Johnny Clegg and his two bands, Juluka and Savuka, which combined Zulu music with Celtic, rock, and other styles. (Clegg was white, and the formation of an interracial band playing African fusion music in 1979 South Africa was pretty revolutionary. Sadly, he died last year.)

Leave a comment:

• Tritoninvestigator
    replied
    A Tribe called Red is Canadian, I'm Canadian - should have been near the top of my list lol.

Nice! These are all great suggestions! Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    From a more old school perspective, people like Sun Ra, Afrika Bambaataa, Tricky, and A Guy Called Gerald.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    Originally posted by Slagheap View Post
    I've wondered about Bang music this myself since 1E. The description sounds sort of like electronica that heavily samples sounds from the natural world (there was a reference in 1E to a new track using a sample of Chromatic breathing woven into the rythm), that also uses a lot of old world and tribal influences. There's a Native American electronica group called "A Tribe Called Red," maybe something like that, but with more sampling.

Enigma and Delerium often incorporate a lot of things like tribal chanting and instruments as well as Gregorian chants into layered electronic music, so that's often what I had in mind when I thought about Muzzein Bang.

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tritoninvestigator View Post
    Hi! Longtime Trinity fan, just starting a new campaign with the new rules, and I'm stoked!! (a terrorist plot involving rogue QK's armed with Huang-Marr Devices threatening the Kenya sky-hook, if you're interested).

What I'm wondering is: what does Muzzein Bang *sound* like? What Afro-futurist inspirations can be found out there? I would love a soundtrack to my campaign that evokes these kinds of themes - are there any particular Artists or works that you would recommend to evoke future Africa?
    Besides music, I've obviously watched the sh*t out of Black Panther - what else is out there for a some-what out of touch (but learning!) 30-something?
    Thanks!
    Well, instead of Afro-futurism you could go with something that would kill all interest in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-YCZr0epts

Figure nothing's better for that than "White African Space Jesus."

Leave a comment:

• Slagheap
    replied
    I've wondered about Bang music this myself since 1E. The description sounds sort of like electronica that heavily samples sounds from the natural world (there was a reference in 1E to a new track using a sample of Chromatic breathing woven into the rythm), that also uses a lot of old world and tribal influences. There's a Native American electronica group called "A Tribe Called Red," maybe something like that, but with more sampling.

Leave a comment:

• Tritoninvestigator
    replied
    TC: Aeon. Thank you for pointing that out, gracious Manager - love your work!

So....suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    Please remember that all of the Trinity Continuum game lines begin with A -- ├ćon, Aberrant, Adventure!, Assassins -- so "TC: A" doesn't do a lot to narrow down the game line you're referring to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X