Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aberrant: Transformers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aberrant: Transformers

    Don't have the kickstarter rules so just playing around with this idea based on a vague notion of how they work.

    A transformation power that turns the user into a starship. For extra fun rule that the warp and teleport powers have their base and extended distances increased by 10^scale. It's simply that nobody realized you could do it during the nova age. Add in some form of quantum construct so that the character has an avatar on the ship and work it so that the character can control drones when the party isn't aboard.

    Or um, just use transformation into various vehicles and giant fighting robots if starships are not your style. Assuming that quantum construct makes it into the new edition, you can create construct drivers or crew, which might have some advantages in causing enemies to attack the construct and not the vehicle/character.

    Quantum construct, mega intelligence, the 1e molecular manipulation power that allows for transformation into complex objects and an aberrant version of the code power from trinity. Turn everyday objects into transforming robots. Actually, you can model with just with 1e quantum construct but again, it's probably getting nerfed Might also setup some rapid gadgetering fun (if that's going to be allowed).

  • #2
    In my game, Divis Mal saw the first Michael Bay Transforme movie, hated it and then altered the universe to prevent such things from coming to pass. We all of us owe him a great debt of gratitude for that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well except that the vehicle as character idea is also the McCaffery ship who . . . series as well as Star Trek Voyager, Lex, Knight Rider and the TARDIS.

      Transformers are also robotech. And the transformers movie where optimus prime dies is generally well regarded.

      Constructs could also cover Doombots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DrSteve View Post
        Well except that the vehicle as character idea is also the McCaffery ship who . . . series as well as Star Trek Voyager, Lex, Knight Rider and the TARDIS.

        Transformers are also robotech. And the transformers movie where optimus prime dies is generally well regarded.

        Constructs could also cover Doombots.
        There's a Nova who turned himself into a sentient computer virus. Figure "living vehicles" is almost easy. I don't remember if it was in the KS Aberrant preview, but presumably there either is or will be some kind of tag for "self-link" AKA the idea that your character becomes energy or matter or a construct or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johntfs View Post

          There's a Nova who turned himself into a sentient computer virus. Figure "living vehicles" is almost easy. I don't remember if it was in the KS Aberrant preview, but presumably there either is or will be some kind of tag for "self-link" AKA the idea that your character becomes energy or matter or a construct or something.
          This Aberrant was described in Aeon, but I am quite sure we can build a “bodiless” Nova with control over an specific thing (tech in this case) with the rules described in the Manuscript.


          The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
            This Aberrant was described in Aeon, but I am quite sure we can build a “bodiless” Nova with control over an specific thing (tech in this case) with the rules described in the Manuscript.
            Synapse still exists, so we'll have to be able to do that.

            Comment

            Working...
            X