Les Fantomes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Fantomes

For aspiring players (and GM's) who want to use the faction and drive people up the wall in a more playful manner might I suggest using the model of The Gentlemen Thief/Lupin III as and example of a Fantome with the right skills?

Works for me!

Craig Oxbrow
    The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Also AJ Raffles, Simon Templar, Modesty Blaise, Carmen Sandiago, and Selina Kyle. (That doesn't even get in to more "historical" characters like Robin Hood, Shi Quin, the Artful Dodger, or Autolycus.)

Really, Les Fantomes need their own sourcebook, IMO, as that whole genre is ripe for Trinity chronicles (and a lot of 脝on, Aberrent, Adventure!, Assassins, Anima, and even 脝gis or Avalon potential).
      Last edited by No One of Consequence; 02-13-2020, 10:55 PM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

They're in pretty dire straits in Aberrant.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
          Really, Les Fantomes need their own sourcebook, IMO

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager
          Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

If I ever run one of the TC games (and someday I will), Les Fantomes will be like a criminal dynasty running from Milady de Winter through Sabine Durant and culminating with the President of the Lunar Underworld.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              If I ever run one of the TC games (and someday I will), Les Fantomes will be like a criminal dynasty running from Milady de Winter through Sabine Durant and culminating with the President of the Lunar Underworld.
              That would be awesome. I would be tempted to try to run it back to Maid Marion, if not further.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by muon View Post
                They're in pretty dire straits in Aberrant.
                Odd, given the number of superhuman thieves I can think of from comics and other sources.

Comment

IanWatson Tell the truth, you've been eagerly awaiting the chance to bust out that image.

Lessee ... A Les Fantomes book would have to have:
                  • An overview of the various thief genres, particularly the Robin Hood, Gentleman Thief, Catburglar, and Heist ones.
                  • The history of the group, its organization, notable members, and the various subgroups around the world.
                  • A guide to planning a heist and a heist game.
                  • An overview of confidence games and doing them in game.
                  • New thief suitable abilities/powers.
                  • At least three premade Talent characters.
                  • A bit talking about the genre in 脝on, and maybe Aberrant.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    Lessee ... A Les Fantomes book would have to have:
                    • A bit talking about the genre in 脝on, and maybe Aberrant.
                    And in Adventure! Before you end writing it, you will have at least Adventure! 2E Kickstarter Preview. 馃槑

Also, 'Where is Carmen San Diego?' should be one of inspirations. I was told it's basiclly Les Phantomes on itself.

Also, Les Phantomes is French name, meaning 'Ghosts'. So story of group connected to France and some 'ghosting' activity? Maybe French Revolution times?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Or you know use Fantomas as influence.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        Or you know use Fantomas as influence.
                        I'm not sure that Fantomas is that good inspiration for Les Phantoms with this psychology model ( from Wikipedia page )

Fant么mas was introduced a few years after Ars猫ne Lupin, another well-known thief. But whereas Lupin draws the line at murder, Fant么mas has no such qualms and is shown as a sociopath who enjoys killing in a sadistic fashion.

He is totally ruthless, shows no mercy, and is loyal to none, not even his own children. He is a master of disguise, always appearing under an assumed identity, often that of a person whom he has murdered. Fant么mas makes use of bizarre and improbable techniques in his crimes, such as plague-infested rats, giant snakes, and rooms that fill with sand.

Fant么mas's background remains vague. He might be of British and/or French ancestry. He appears to have been born in 1867.
                        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-16-2020, 06:45 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                        LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I mean you don't have to have him as cutthroat or brutal, but the flair is there!

It worked in Venture Brothers!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

No One of Consequence I love it!!! 馃槉 I鈥檓 totally gonna make the dynasty start with Robin and Marian. Remember, Milady wasn鈥檛 born an aristocrat. She was a street girl whose beauty and charm captivated the Musketeer Athos, so he married her. She loved him too, but she broke up with him cause she was a free spirit who wanted to live life on her own terms, which is why she鈥檚 the founder of Les Fantomes.

@muon I read the Aberrant 2e Kickstarter. There was nothing about them in there, was there?

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                              [USER="12890"]
                              @muon I read the Aberrant 2e Kickstarter. There was nothing about them in there, was there?
                              Yes there is. Last page of chapter 4, after describing all the nova allegiances they talk a little about the others from Core, among them Les Fantomes. Basically 2 paragraphs.

The proper answer to 鈥淗ello There鈥 is, obviously, 鈥淕eneral Kenobi鈥.
                              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                              https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product.../Fists-of-Flux

Comment

Working...
                              X