Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else really eager for Distant Worlds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else really eager for Distant Worlds?

Because I am. I'm honestly hoping for something that while sticking to Trinity's rather optimistic view, takes
    some of the feeling we got from Gatecrasher for Eclipse
    Phaset
    --that the universe is mysterious and old
    ​ and both majesty and horror can be found in the Dark. My biggest hope is that we see some "real weirdie" examples of tech produced by the various vanished societies out there.

By the way they did the chromatics, Qin and Coalision, I believe the other aliens will be interesting...

The art so far is beautiful!

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I'm looking forward to it, but I think I'm actually more eager for Terra Firma and some good, in-depth stuff in terms of Earth itself. I'm especially hoping for some details on the Nippon arcology.

Comment

I think I can safely (in NDA terms) say that there is some first-rate work in both of these books. I also got to drop a tiny bit of my Legions worldbuilding/headcanon into one of the Distant Worlds' new planets, and to do a little bit of expanding on the Upeo through Ruan's World. I'm eager to see the final published versions, and a little bit angsty that other commitments prevented me from taking any word count on [REDACTED].

- C.

Clayton A. Oliver | Formerly Ubiquitous

When the half-light starts to rise/And the long gone come back again
        After the shortcuts and the highs/Comes the pain
        And the rain

Comment

I’m looking forward to it.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post
            I think I can safely (in NDA terms) say that there is some first-rate work in both of these books. I also got to drop a tiny bit of my Legions worldbuilding/headcanon into one of the Distant Worlds' new planets, and to do a little bit of expanding on the Upeo through Ruan's World. I'm eager to see the final published versions, and a little bit angsty that other commitments prevented me from taking any word count on [REDACTED].

- C.
            Tease... TEASE!!

But all joking aside, is I'm looking forward to it, and it's on my "oh, it's out? BUY BUTTON!" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post
              I also got to drop a tiny bit of my Legions worldbuilding/headcanon into one of the Distant Worlds' new planets
              Is this the biotech gun that shoots little miniature attack dogs, and when the dogs bark, swarms of nanite bees shoot out of their mouths and attack the target with little lightsaber-stingers? And will it have attachment options like chainsaw bayonet or shark-launcher?

More seriously, I am already looking forward to all Aeon stuff; This just makes me want Distant Worlds more.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Those devs are torturing us with partial info and teases... please, keep going!

Comment

It’s out on Wednesday. Not likely to get more teasers before then.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                    It’s out on Wednesday. Not likely to get more teasers before then.
                    Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Comment

Happy 😊...

I like Aeon way better than I thought I would. I can totally see a campaign starting with Adventure!, building up through Aberrant and then finally climaxing with Aeon. Also, playing a Superior sounds like an amazing experience. I never realized how interesting they were.

Comment

My Aeon game is currently very Earth-focused, but the moment the group starts talking about going extrasolar, I'll be picking up Distant Worlds.

Comment

I'd love a book of distant worlds at different times in the history of the Aeonverse. Picture a world first reached by Novas in the high tide of their first popularity. Then describing that world when rediscovered by Upeo wa Macho. Then touch upon chosen future periods.

I could see a Mongo-like world ( complete with merciless tyrant and their beautiful child to fall in love with the right heroic PC) for Adventure! campaigns. And not rediscovered until the far future setting's time period.

But a book of worlds in multiple time periods would be grand.

Comment

Astromancer that’s a great idea! About the different time periods.

What’s Mongo? Sounds cool 😊.

Comment

Mongo was the planet of Emperor Ming, the enemy of Flash Gordon. Am I right?

Comment

Working...
                              X