Multiple Pin Down Stunts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Pin Down Stunts

In my game tomorrow, I'm expecting to have NPCs use the Pin Down stunt against the PCs. Say three NPCs use the stunt against the same PC, do they generate three different complications, each with their own rating, or do they generate one complication with a rating equal to the total of all three rolls? The multiple complications route has the possibility to inflict multiple injury conditions, while the aggregated complication route is probably simpler to keep track of.

both options are valid as I see. You can follow 2 routs:

In the first the 3 attack the target and the first 2 help the third, so the excess successes are passed to the third to do the attack properly.

The second option the 3 attack and generate 3 conditions that must be removed individually.

If I was the SG, the 3 conditions could be removed together with a single mixed action, so the result would be basically the same... BUT I would use the first option... just because I like it...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Is this a mob of extras or three full characters? That would change things, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Modron View Post
        Is this a mob of extras or three full characters? That would change things, right?
        Three full characters. Probably around the moderate threat level according to the TC core book. If I was doing extras, I'd just lump them all together into one action.

Comment

There are 3 levels of character, Extra (1 hit and gone), Antagonists (they can be as powerful as you want, just don't need the entire description) and full character (what I really think you don't need unless you are planning to show the character traits to the players...).

Comment

Moderate threat antagonist is what I was referencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Modron View Post
              It actually can change or not, if you want to. The mob would have the same dice pool and enchancemnts as the 3 shooting together (2 help and one shoot), if it was up to me to define.

Also, you can have a mob of extras with guns pinning down the characters, or you could have 3 extras doing the same with the same results you would have with 3 antagonists. The only difference between a extra and a antagonist (and to a full character) is the level of complexity you give them.

an extra may be a great mercenary that just don’t want to keep fighting to avoid being hurt on a job that don’t pay enough, so the first hit take him out (basically he gives up to fight another day). USUALLY they are regular people, but you got the idea.

Comment

Working...
              X