Trinity Stuff to Watch while at Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Stuff to Watch while at Home

So, with a lot of people stuck at home, I figured it would be worthwhile to share suggestions on stuff to watch that makes good Trinity viewing. My only really criteria here is that it be stuff that's available on various streaming services - Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. - without requiring any additional outlay of money.

So, starting with three from Amazon Prime:

Ronin (1998), a really solid action/heist/intrigue film involving agents for hire doing a job in Europe, featuring Robert De Niro, Jean Reno, and Sean Bean.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982), probably one of the best of the Star Trek films, with a lot of ideas that can be mined for Aeon, including the ideas of accidentally stumbling upon a long banished genetically evolved foe and a race for control of a weaponized super-science device.

The Phantom (1996), with Billy Zane as the title character, a decent adaption of the classic pulp comic strip character. This was listed as one of the inspirational media for the original edition of Adventure! way back when, in a large part because, in contrast to almost every other masked superhero adaption in the wake of the 1989 Batman, it was refreshingly absent of any sort of angsty brooding.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Any of the Matt Damon Bourne movies.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Birds of Prey/Harley Quin is going up streaming, and has some of the most fun Talent combat I’ve ever seen.

Person of Interest and Leverage have been my touchstones for writing new Talent Gifts.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Currently watching Salt (2010) on IMDbTV, which makes good Assassins viewing.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

I wish I could watch more films (my 6yo is full time at home). The last few I watched were Alien (and some of the other from Alienverse), The Boys and American Gods.

I think Alienverse movies have a lot to offer to Aeon when dealing with space exploration and lost colonies.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Altered Carbon: It smacks of FAS, and the Envoys are Talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
              Altered Carbon: It smacks of FAS, and the Envoys are Talents.
              Great show

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
              Current Focus
              Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
              Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

You could also watch youtube lets plays of games that fit the Trinity idea - such as say Myst or Obduction or even the awesome adventurers of Tex Murphy, heck even Metroid Prime would work in a Trinity sense. Honestly, watching video games be played seems like a perfect way to get some nifty ideas and such.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                  You could also watch youtube lets plays of games that fit the Trinity idea - such as say Myst or Obduction or even the awesome adventurers of Tex Murphy, heck even Metroid Prime would work in a Trinity sense. Honestly, watching video games be played seems like a perfect way to get some nifty ideas and such.
                  Wow. Tex Murphy is a name I haven't heard in decades. I remember playing the original Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum on PC when they came out.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Wow. Tex Murphy is a name I haven't heard in decades. I remember playing the original Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum on PC when they came out.
                    Tex Murphy is one of those fantastic game systems that should not be forgotten in my opinion. hehe

Also, as a note there was a Tex Murphy game that came out a few years ago called Tex Murphy the Tesla Effect and its brilliant. I totally recommend looking it up.

As an aside, the post-apocalyptic environments totally fit post-Aberrant War US.

Comment

I guess it goes without saying that My Hero Academia, which you can watch on HULU as well as the various anime streaming services, has a lot of potential Aberrant ideas to be mined.

Also The Boys on Amazon Prime.

Comment

I just watched Steven Spielberg Amazing Stories. Have some interesting ideas...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

6 Undeground is like somebody made a movie script out of their action RPG group’s games and handed it to Michael Bay

Comment

Scorpion is a perfect example of what you could do with talents in Trinity. It's about a team of geniuses who use science to solve problems ranging from dealing with hi-tech espionage to collecting samples from rare species of bats to pulling off hi-risk rescues using experimental technology. Great inspiration for an Aeon Society or Neptune Foundation campaign. Only one of the characters is really suited for combat so it's a great way to get ideas for challenges that either aren't physical or are physical but more related to environment rather than combat.

Comment

Just watched Code 8, on Netflix, ok flick for modern day dystopian Psiads or lower tier Aberrants. Bonus Aeon points for the police drones being carried by larger drones, scanning for DNA and used against powered "criminals".

Comment

Working...
                              X