Suggested ship names for the Leviathan jump ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested ship names for the Leviathan jump ships

According to Trinity: Aeon, page 307, there are fewer than 2 dozen Leviathan jump ships. Waaaaay back in the day of the original Aeon Trinity, I took it upon myself to make a list of published Leviathan names used in the original books. There weren't very many, certainly not anywhere near all 24 (as I recall, in the original Trinity book, it was mentioned that less than 30 Leviathans existed), but I thought I'd post the list I made here, just in case anyone needed inspiration for what to name their jump ship.

UNS Meroe

UNS Svaha

UNS Ananda

UNS Shaka

UNS Mae de Céu

UNS Kohl

UNS Pandora

UNS Yi

UNS Iroqatsi

UNS Chicago

UNS Mabuhay (I included this name as per the recent publication of "Leviathan Mabuhay")

UNS Sava (Sources: Distant Worlds (p.43))

UNS Melbourne (Sources: Distant Worlds (p.80); AEon Ready Made Characters (p.5))

Unfortunately, I didn't think to record the sources of which original Trinity books referenced these names, but I expect Extrasolar Colonies, Alien Races and perhaps the Upeo wa Macho books would have the bulk of the references in them. Here's hoping you find this useful.

EDIT: Added Sava and Melbourne to the list.
    Last edited by Su-tehp; 03-31-2020, 02:55 PM.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Oh nice work, interesting didn't know they mentioned so many.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Distant Worlds has the Sava (p.43), and the Melbourne appears there (p.80) and in AEon Ready Made Characters (p.5).
      Last edited by Bunyip; 03-31-2020, 03:32 AM.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

UNS Enterprise. Make it so.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Are Leviathans named after cities?
          That is the only trend I gave noticed...

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

There’s no consistent rule that the setting - or writers - have to follow.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

A Leviathan jump ship called the UNS Thomas Hobbes...

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                Distant Worlds has the Sava (p.43), and the Melbourne appears there (p.80) and in AEon Ready Made Characters (p.5).
                Nice, I'll add these to the list.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

I would say one of them needs to be named Atlantis, I mean come on. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post
                    UNS Sava (Sources: Distant Worlds (p.43))
                    This was originally written to be Svaha, keeping continuity with the first edition material. I flagged this during the errata cycle but... enh.

- C.
                    Last edited by Tegyrius; 04-02-2020, 08:34 PM.

Clayton A. Oliver | Formerly Ubiquitous

When the half-light starts to rise/And the long gone come back again
                    After the shortcuts and the highs/Comes the pain
                    And the rain

Comment

UNS Chuck Norris

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post

This was originally written to be Svaha, keeping continuity with the first edition material. I flagged this during the errata cycle but... enh.

- C.
                        I did wonder, but listed because of the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                          A Leviathan jump ship called the UNS Thomas Hobbes...
                          I think I'd prefer a Leviathan jump ship called the UNS Calvin N. Hobbes.

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post

- C.
                          Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I did wonder, but listed because of the difference.
                          Yeah, I saw the similar spellings and wondered about this as well. I decided to include both spellings anyway, for completeness' sake.

Comment

Su-tehp for real: Calvin and Hobbes in the cartoon are named for John Calvin, the founder of the Calvinist church, and Thomas Hobbes, the guy who wrote Leviathan (“mankind’s existence is nasty, brutish and short...”). I learned that from a philosophy professor at summer camp. Seriously.

Cool question though. I really like Aeon.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

I played in a 1st edition campaign we called Slidescape, which was sort of a cross between sliders and Farscape aboard a smaller and much more automated experimental 2nd generation leviathan. My character was the pilot and knew the intelligence of the ship as Gorecki where as the head of the project (another PC) insisted on calling the ship by the official name.

Having a Leviathan decide their identity is different than the one assigned to them could make an interesting plot point if you're exploring the nature of their sapience

Comment

Working...
                              X