Prometheus Chamber Replication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Snead View Post
    The obvious way to do this involves 2 psions and a mega-Int nova inventor. One of the psion would need to be a pretty powerful Telepath who could use Mindshare ***** (Override) as part of a Network to connect a skilled biotech inventor (likely an EK or QK) and the Nova, and allow both of them to share each others' skill and knowledge (you'd likely need a Proxy-Tier Telepath to be able to manage this with a Nova). Convince a brilliant and skilled Qin biotechnician to join this Network and I'd expect the process to take a while, but success seems exceptionally likely.
    And hope the Doyen don’t learn of it at an inopportune time! 😉

(Sounds like some plot hooks there.)

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

And hope the Doyen don’t learn of it at an inopportune time! 😉

(Sounds like some plot hooks there.)
      Yep, once Aberrant it out, a nice high powered campaign could be some Proxy Tier psions, an a Mega-Int nova inventor work to reverse engineer a Prometheus Chamber and remove some of its limitations, while the Doyen try to stop them, and perhaps various other groups try to steal their research sounds like a great deal of fun. For extra fun, add in a Qin PC with a similar level of XP (although psion Tier, since Qin can't reach Proxy Tier), who is helping in return for help designing some method of enhancing Qin psi (naturally, the Qin PC would be the first recipient). For a Qin Prometheus Chamber, I'd let it raise their Psi and Telepathy to 6 dots, learn 2 dots in all Auxiliary Modes, and maybe give them the Psiad Edge Strong Mode in one of their Auxiliary Modes.

Comment

Bear in mind that reverse engineering something involves taking it apart to see how it ticks. I don't see any of the Psi Orders allowing anyone to take apart their Prometheus Chambers; at the very least, it delays their ability to use them, and they'd be taking the very real risk that whoever takes it apart won't be able to put it back together again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
          Bear in mind that reverse engineering something involves taking it apart to see how it ticks. I don't see any of the Psi Orders allowing anyone to take apart their Prometheus Chambers; at the very least, it delays their ability to use them, and they'd be taking the very real risk that whoever takes it apart won't be able to put it back together again.
          Most of the time - I'm not certain a VK would need to take it apart, and neither would a Clear - one of each, networked via a telepath could likely learn almost everything they'd need to. Also, the data Norca and the Chibs gained from regrowing the QK chamber would be a huge help.

Comment

I could also see a Mega-Edge existing that allows a Nova to analyze something (either mechanical or biological) and get an understanding of it without killing, harming, or taking it apart. It might not be a low dot edge, and it probably would have prerequisites, but I could see it existing.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
              I could also see a Mega-Edge existing that allows a Nova to analyze something (either mechanical or biological) and get an understanding of it without killing, harming, or taking it apart. It might not be a low dot edge, and it probably would have prerequisites, but I could see it existing.
              That makes sense, it sounds like a low to mid dot Mega-Cunning Edge to me. However, a nova trying to analyze a *really* powerful piece of noetic biotech would have some serious negative modifiers.

Comment

Another possibility--try and trigger a hammersmith or Galatea style event, only for psi's. You may not get the control, but you couldn't more psiads popping up.

Comment

Working...
                X