Alternate Ministry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Ministry

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or know of any write ups already existing for an alternate Ministry without the ties to China that the official one has. I ask this question because pretty much every other Psi Order could exist in even alternate Aeon settings, except this one which has its entire basis in China.

Hmm that's a good point, well why even be limited to calling them the Ministry its all fairgame. But you could have them be generally dedicated to multiple governments or form their own government? Just spitballing.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

While thinking about it more the fact that Blue Li used mind control to basically make her organization exist really kind of means it could be made out of anything, so that is cool. As are the potentials of the Office of Semiotics, The Noetics Institutes, and the Office of Noetic Security - three divisions that have such fun gaming potential that they would need to survive whatever transition point occurs.

Honestly, when I look through the Ministry I totally get something like the PsiCorps vibe from Babylon 5 (which to me is a good thing) and so I could totally see an alternate version of the Ministry loose its Chinese connection and say take on a UN or whatever equivalent international government body exists in that role sponsorship. Which, if done that way, would mean besides some labeling and certain motiffs not much from an actual adventure standpoint needs to change. Which is a good thing in my book.

Comment

They’re a government department that looks at internal security. Every nation has one, you don‘t need to change much to move the Ministry elsewhere. Elements of the back story, sure, but structure and purpose can be moved with relative ease.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Or you can make them Setites. Setites make everything better.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
            They’re a government department that looks at internal security. Every nation has one, you don‘t need to change much to move the Ministry elsewhere. Elements of the back story, sure, but structure and purpose can be moved with relative ease.
            yeah, in my Edwardian Setting, the Dervish State has the Telepathy Chamber, and their sufi mystic telepaths serve that function throughout their Ottoman client (power relationship reversed from real history thanks to the telepaths). I don’t see how the concept is so chained to China.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

In my continuum setting, China is a dystopian dictatorship with total control of the population, and Ministry is a Hong Kong Order that uses their powers to keep their politics and government free from Chinese influence.

Comment

Honestly, for me, the more I think about it the more I like the whole idea of having the Ministry be part of a UN like body, maybe one that now has teeth - because of said telepathic order being aligned with it.

The benefit of this is also that Aeon can keep its hands out of international governing while also having an organization that can focus on officially getting the countries of Earth on to a single path while they do the politicking behind the scenes and the good social work in a visible way.

Comment

The Legions are part of UN too (at least kind of), so it already have teeth, but for sure the Ministry operating inside UN would increase a lot its political power.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

The Legions are UN, but they exist to fight an external threat. Making the Ministry UN carries a lot more baggage as you are now giving the UN internal law enforcement/intelligence power in its member countries. I’m not saying you can’t do that, but it is a major setting shift toward much stronger One World Government, and not one with necessarily that much democratic accountability, as the Ministry is operating in democratic countries like Australia and the UAN but it’s oversight is made up of representatives of many other nations that are not democratic.

But if PsyCorp is what you’re going for, that isn’t necessarily a problem!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                    X