Superiors in the Trinity Continuum Era

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    I would go for Paragons. They are human with a bit more, but nothing really supernatural, they are Just extremely good in what humans can possibly do.
    I like Paragons. Parahumans is a term that I prefer to reserve for human variants, whereas I tend to see Superiors as human upgrades.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 04-11-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      I like Paragons. Parahumans is a term that I prefer to reserve for human variants, whereas I tend to see Superiors as human upgrades.

YES! Paragons fit a modern Stalwart quite well.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
      Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Mateus Luz That works too. In one of the old D&D worlds (I think it’s Mystara) they have a thing for high level wizards called the Path of the Paragon.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          Mateus Luz That works too. In one of the old D&D worlds (I think it’s Mystara) they have a thing for high level wizards called the Path of the Paragon.
          Paragon is one of the words I learned in RPG that have no use in real world (for me at least), but with a really awesome meaning.

If I am not wrong one of the paths to Immortality in D&D (BASMI, never remember the 2, 3 and 4 leters) was the path of Paragon, there was 3 other paths, Polymath, Epic Hero, and another. I am quite sure it is the origin for that thing you are talking. It has been a long time since I read this book, but they are available in Drivethru if I am not wrong.

Also:
          There is a D&D 3e book called Unearthed Arcana (or Arcana Unearthed, what ever) that have a kind o prestige class for each of the basic races, Human Paragon, Elf Paragon, Halfling Paragon, etc, that basically increase their race characteristics.
          There is also a Mutants and Masterminds called Paragons that is basically a regular world were suddenly some people started getting powers (much like aberrant), but with some weird dream/arcadia reason for that.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Mutants & Masterminds' Paragon book was excellent, and my initial description of it was "This is what Aberrant should have been." A basic framework for how and why powers work, and why they've suddenly appeared, with a vast array of optional characters and organizations you can use or discard to build the setting the way you want it to be. Steve Kenson was going to be the developer for new Aberrant 1st ed books before Arthaus pulled the plug on it way back when, and it was obvious that a lot of his thoughts about Aberrant went into Paragons. It's one of the reasons I'm excited he's involved with TC:Aberrant.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Mateus Luz thanks 😊. I meant the Wrath of the Immortals setting. Me and my friends played that for a couple months back in junior high. I never tried Mutants and Masterminds.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by MythAdvocate View Post

Cybernetics in the Modern Trinity Continuum era would make for a cool supplement. Such wondrous gadgets might make for Powered or Enhanced Edges. As such they would certainly be available to Talent and Superior characters.

As for the "Enhanciles" term, I think that might not hit the right note for a catchall. It would be a cool term for a cybernetic system though.

I'll take this opportunity to point to this excellent entry on the Nexus. I'm not the author, but did enjoy it.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nity-Continuum

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
                X