Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I do admittedly feel like Aeon doesn’t really do post apocalyptic sci-fi to the extent it wants to with everything else, because if people can leave the wasteland and go somewhere else, it’s not really the same thing. It’s why I’d like to eventually see (or write if they open up the Nexus to support new settings) a continuum era where China went through with the ultimatum and now the world is Fallout/Mad Maxified.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post

Boring is an apt descriptor. Thanks for the thread recommendation.

I found it here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ing-future-usa
    That is it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

There is a forum post named something like "Why such a boring future USA" where people were discussing it for a while. Its long and redundant in many ways, but there are a great variety of ideas for that question.
    Boring is an apt descriptor. Thanks for the thread recommendation.

I found it here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ing-future-usa

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by LazyGM View Post

How do you imagine that France and the US would change? I'm asking because there is a chance that at least one of my players might be interested in saving France in our Chronicle.
    There is a forum post named something like "Why such a boring future USA" where people were discussing it for a while. Its long and redundant in many ways, but there are a great variety of ideas for that question.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    Originally posted by LazyGM View Post

How do you imagine that France and the US would change? I'm asking because there is a chance that at least one of my players might be interested in saving France in our Chronicle.

Honestly hadn't given it a whole lot of thought, since I'm not currently planing a game. But assuming that a way is found to purge and clean the wastelands of corruption, both France and the FSA are sitting on top of a whole bunch of undeveloped public land that they can give away or sell to foreign and domestic companies and developers. France specifically would be much more rural and spread out. Because of this I could imagine an era of African colonialism in France.

With the threat of the wastelands and abberants gone you might even see a political shift, revolution or civil war in the FSA, followed by an 1889 style land rush.

Leave a comment:

• LazyGM
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremysbrain View Post
    So my random idea. I want to expunge the post-apocalyptic wasteland stuff from the setting. I kind of feel like the game mixes too many genres and that is the one I would get rid of. But I think I would do it by just advancing the game 50 years in to the future and just say most of it got cleaned up. So its still part of the history but it isn't the current state of the world.

Honestly it just bugs me that my two favorite places, the US and France are total shit holes in this game. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremysbrain
    replied
    So my random idea. I want to expunge the post-apocalyptic wasteland stuff from the setting. I kind of feel like the game mixes too many genres and that is the one I would get rid of. But I think I would do it by just advancing the game 50 years in to the future and just say most of it got cleaned up. So its still part of the history but it isn't the current state of the world.

Honestly it just bugs me that my two favorite places, the US and France are total shit holes in this game. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Just want to thank Eddy and all the Devs for the update on Aberrant situation. It was a short but extremely happy one. Thanks!

It’s good to get good news, even short ones, with this quarantine going forever.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    With Handling it makes sense - Handling is usually what you add as Enhancement, but if it’s increased Difficulty just mark it as negative Enhancement to prevent adding rarely used columns to the table.

I think Mateus’ use of Scale 0 for Qin out of biosuits is an elegant use of the system.

Leave a comment:

• Graylion
    replied
    Ya I noticed the -3 dice right away and I was like what? I also pointed of the negative mod on handling and Bunyip pointed me back to the Trinity book using a negative mod on handling as well.

Things that make you go hmmm

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I was reading Distant Worlds for the errata I pointed, and just want to add a houserule to the Qin character creation.

Instead of the Qin physique condition, I would just point that Qin are one scale below humans when dealing with Size, Might and Durability. The biosuits allow the qin to increase it scale to 1 while using it.

I know it’s not a big deal, but I don’t like the way it is written, first because it sounds like you roll 3 dice less, what is not the way Storypath deal usually, but it also put the Qin in a weird condition when dealing with other qin and both are out of Biosuits, as both roll 3 less dice, while they are both competing in the same scale, and so should ignore the scale.

Dont get me wrong, I like the book and the entire Qin character description, I just think this detail could explore a rule that is well established instead of creating a new rule.

Edit: Small addendum on Qin speed, I don’t know human speed, it was never told and probably will never be, so I guess Qin need to sprint to move a range band in a round in ground, but moves at scale 1 speed when swimming. Humans can sprint for 2 range bands in a round and when swimming need to sprint to move a single range band (the swimming part is more a head cannon).
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 04-23-2020, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    I kind of have the idea of trying to map the Aptitudes of Aeon to the psychic disciplines of Warhammer 40k for no reason other than a part of me thinks it would be cool. hehe

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    I like your idea for anomaly powers as Powered Edges. It is one thing I miss in the super science is that Talents can’t build a Jet Pack just because there is no Gift that allow the character to fly.

I know you can add the Propulsion tag from Aeon armor that allow flight with scale 2 or space flight scale 1, but it would turn the armor into Advanced science, not Inspired Science.
    Yeah. We need more jet packs in these games. Rocketmans pack and Syndromes Aero Boots all need to be a thing. The Anomaly power "Flight" handles that quite well for cinematic action.

"Flight — The creature has some ability to fly, either in perfect form or in a limited manner such as leaping and gliding. When flying, it can move two range bands instead of one as movement."

Advanced science versions all work, but are not nearly as flashy.

Last edited by MythAdvocate; 04-17-2020, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I like your idea for anomaly powers as Powered Edges. It is one thing I miss in the super science is that Talents can’t build a Jet Pack just because there is no Gift that allow the character to fly.

I know you can add the Propulsion tag from Aeon armor that allow flight with scale 2 or space flight scale 1, but it would turn the armor into Advanced science, not Inspired Science.

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    I've been pondering Super Science in relation to the Trinity Continuum. Particularly as it relates to Talents. I have been tinkering with a campaign setting that I am calling the "Heroic Age" which focuses on Talents, and Flux based phenomena which have changed the world into a pulpy, weird science version of our own. In this setting, human enhancement and weird gadgets are a must.

So, I am pondering what types of powers and special abilities might be incorporated into Advanced Science and Inspired Science devices and organisms. Using Extras and Gifts is great, but some powers that I want to allow are not.

Here are some house rules I am considering:

Advanced Science
    As a general rule, I am going to allow Aeon Trinity era Hard tech (with some re-fluffing) to be possible via Advanced Science. This will also include Aeon Trinity era drugs. As always, a good concept that drives the plot should be awarded.

Inspired Science
    This is something that interests and frustrates me, as there is little to go on. So for my purposes, I am going to allow the “powered edges” mentioned in the rules to include Anomaly Powers for Organisms, and Superior Powers, and Basic Noetic Powers for any type of invention. Creation of devices that mimic levels in noetic aptitudes will require massive amounts of Flux energy and a great many resources. Creating devices that mimic Noetic Modes must be purchased with Flaws (see Trinity Continuum pp 98-99). Each dot of flaws allowing for the purchase of a dot of noetic modes. Such devices can be purchased as a Wondrous Item (see Trinity Continuum pp 67). I would treat such an item as a 5 dot Artifact with a number of dots in Modes as the item has flaws.

Examples:

Neutronium X Suit (Super Suit)
    The Neutronium X Suit is a form-fitting garment composed of a multi-function “genius material,” created by the super scientists at Sunstreak Labs. It generates a static charge that repels dirt, water and oil, making them ideal for use as superhero costumes. It contains a “dumb” wearable computer that’s about as sophisticated as a normal smartphone. The cowl, glove and boot attachments can turn it into an impromptu environment suit. Heroes and villains often customize their Neutronium X suits with extra features or adjustments for style, including logos, patterns, “muscles” and stylized shapes.
    System: Neutronium X suits protect the wearer from moderate extremes of temperature (typically −50° to 60° C) and acts as Class Two soft armor and has an internal personal computer (equivalent of a smartphone of PDA). Artifact Cost: •

Project Pegasus Jump Room (Wondrous Item)
    This hypertech Device uses a process known as “Vorta teleportation” that uses Flux energy to teleport persons and objects over great distances. Air Force Space Command developed these teleportation "jump rooms" in the early '60s, from early developments since 1947. The first teleportation event was conducted to Mars in 1964. Due to space and air constrictions, the maximum number of people that can jump at one time is three. It is typical to send just one or two people on a jump or to send important cargo.
    Hypertech Tags: Environmental Protection (•••)
    Inspired Powers: Transportal (Gateways) (••••)
    Flaws: Built in Complication (••), Limited Resource (••)
    Last edited by MythAdvocate; 04-16-2020, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X