Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordHeru
    replied
    Imagine if Clairsentience was designed so that while it was harder to peer into what was going on within say one's own world or system or even sector of space you could somewhat easily learn about events going on in distant regions of the galaxy. (This isn't so important in current history, but imagine say a galaxy spanning human civilization where the psions at the galaxy's edge could still learn what was going on in the core, for all that they couldn't force see what was going on in their own system.)

From an out of game perspective the real beneift is that the ST can basically give newsreel like clips of events going on elsewhere in the galaxy.

Leave a comment:

• TheophilusCarter
    replied
    Thinking of running the God-Machine Chronicles, but in more of an X-Files style, using the Trinity Continuum core rules and having my players make Talents that work for 9. Had a random idea that the I Ching would be the key to predicting and combating the God-Machine, might even have the players cast hexagrams at the table ...

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Personally I’d keep him a Mesmerists, never having made the evolutionary jump to Aeon-style Psiad. He’s a master of very potent Mesmerists powers with all his experience, but they keep that pulp eclectic element, rather than making the jump to the high sci-fi Modes of the Aeon era.
    That a probably the case, but yet, on the level he would be working the differences from him and a mid level Psiad would be little and hard to point from in game (maybe not by the rules, but from the characters view).

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied

Personally I’d keep him a Mesmerists, never having made the evolutionary jump to Aeon-style Psiad. He’s a master of very potent Mesmerists powers with all his experience, but they keep that pulp eclectic element, rather than making the jump to the high sci-fi Modes of the Aeon era.
    One could always let him have some particularly thematic stalwart gifts aligned as mesmerist gifts. This does work because there are psi powers that enhance the body as well and such.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Styles alive is one of the things that I like most in the Aeon from Aeron Era. Of course he was there since the beginning, but the fact he is alive after 200 years in the job makes me smile.

I would say, as he is one of the most powerful Psiads (still psiads, after the Proxification of Sarah), creates a strange situation for Pandora. Aeon know little about Psiads, while the top tier of Aeon have more than a few of them, that are fully aware of other Psiads in the history and, yet, want to spend a few millions every year to keep the appearances.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I am watching Tales From the Loop, while I have already read the RPG book (that is a piece of art by itself, with a simple but well structured system that works great for "kids in bikes" style story), the series brings lots of ideas for Talents working on Tier 3 powers with time travel, dimension travel and a lot of weird stuff. Strongly recommend and would love to run a campaign around it using Storypath (for a more adult exploration of the setting).

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    The Aeon era Council is not secret. The Trinity has too much institutional power for that level of unaccountability, if it’s supposed to be a positive force in the word.

All members of the council must be UN confirmed by majority vote for staggered 5 year term, renewable once for a second term. A 2/3rds vote can remove a remember ahead of schedule. The Chair of the council is a UN appointee from outside the Trinity, generally a retired statesperson. The 3 heads of the Trinity divisions are promoted by the council from within and then UN confirmed. Currently six Order reps are Proxy appointed and UN confirmed (the Upeo rep has yet to retake their seat, but may do so soon).

The only hereditary Mercer seat is on the board of the Matthew Mercer Foundation, not on the council.

Styles is still alive and is keeper/curator of the Babel Dossier. Only the 3 division heads know about him on the council. He advises them directly rather than holding a formal leadership position.
    Styles alive is one of the things that I like most in the Aeon from Aeron Era. Of course he was there since the beginning, but the fact he is alive after 200 years in the job makes me smile.

I would say, as he is one of the most powerful Psiads (still psiads, after the Proxification of Sarah), creates a strange situation for Pandora. Aeon know little about Psiads, while the top tier of Aeon have more than a few of them, that are fully aware of other Psiads in the history and, yet, want to spend a few millions every year to keep the appearances.

Leave a comment:

• Reighnhell
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    Reighnhell, Dystopia Rising uses a mental stress track similar to the damage track to represent fear and stress. Instead of being Taken Out, you're Burnt Out. Another thing to consider is using Fear and Terror as Complications. I think that might work better, because it gives the PCs the ability to buy off the complication and act despite their fear, like true heroes.
    Good suggestions! I am going to workshop this and see how it runs.

Re: TMNT and Other Strangeness

Truly my gateway RPG!
    My initial idea is to use the Superior Template as a guideline. Each Animal Type/Order/Species gets two dots on a choice of 3 three attributes and dots to buy their mutant traits. I would build the traits similar to Superior powers, which are pretty much structured like enhanced edges. Needs more tinkering, but it feels like a good start!

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    The Aeon era Council is not secret. The Trinity has too much institutional power for that level of unaccountability, if it’s supposed to be a positive force in the word.

All members of the council must be UN confirmed by majority vote for staggered 5 year term, renewable once for a second term. A 2/3rds vote can remove a remember ahead of schedule. The Chair of the council is a UN appointee from outside the Trinity, generally a retired statesperson. The 3 heads of the Trinity divisions are promoted by the council from within and then UN confirmed. Currently six Order reps are Proxy appointed and UN confirmed (the Upeo rep has yet to retake their seat, but may do so soon).

The only hereditary Mercer seat is on the board of the Matthew Mercer Foundation, not on the council.

Styles is still alive and is keeper/curator of the Babel Dossier. Only the 3 division heads know about him on the council. He advises them directly rather than holding a formal leadership position.

Leave a comment:

• Slagheap
    replied
    I really like the idea of Hawai'i being the FSA's Taiwan, I think I'll use that in my game if it ever comes up.

I think this is sort of hinted at in the books, but it is my head cannon that Mercer is actually the founder of the Paraoh's Lightkeepers. He was a light keeper before he formed Aeon, and through that work he met most of the founding members. Some time later he ends up stranded in ancient Egypt and ends up forming the Lightkeepers after he realizes that without them he would not have been able to form Aeon. He then continues to use the Lightkeepers to act as the moral compass for Aeon.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Aeon era:
    - Hawai’i is the FSA’s “Taiwan”. The dominant (Australia aligned) Constitution Party claims to be the lawful government of the USA. The opposition China-backed Sovereign Party wants to crown an indigenous constitutional monarch and reestablish the Kingdom of Hawai’i as it’s own country rather than claiming the mainland.

- Replacing Turkish nation state with a return in a slightly more Ottoman direction, with the New Sublime Protectorate. Like the real word Islamic Republic of Iran, it styles itself a religious republic, but unlike real Iran, it’s clerical oversight council is multi-faith, including Sufi Muslims, Shi’a Muslims, Orthodox Christians, Coptic Christians, Yazidi Kurds, Orthodox Jews, Progressive Jews, Druze, Zoroastrians, an ISRA rep, etc etc. The Israeli-Palestinian Commonwealth is in its sphere of influence. Since the devastation of Western Europe, Southern Italy and Iberia have been drifting into its sphere and the Vatican may get an Archbishop on the council soon. It is the major naval power of the Mediterranean, and several political parties in the northern UAN align with it over pan-Africanism.

- Iran is called Iran in its Aeon era secular republic state, it didn’t go back to calling itself by the Western given name of “Persia”.

- An Indian superstate does not dominate the Bharati Commonwealth. Rather Tamil, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, etc are co-equal members with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal...
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-14-2020, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Getting Psi above 5 is tempting, but there is a long way to do that. Not only the requisites, but also a good story arc just for that. I would say there is no more than 100 Psi6+ characters in Aeon Era, so the characters would become really important in their areas.

Anyway, my suggestion for the lack of development after reach Psi7 is, each Psi7 Psion has a unique 7 dots power, and the ones presented in the book are the ones developed by the proxies. I would allow each character to develop an entire new power related to the aptitude, for example, the 7 dot VK is strongly related to Augendis, you can create a power that is basically Mass Resurrection or Cause Pandemic, related to the other 2 Modes. It would not consume much XP, but for sure would make the characters unique.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by pcontop View Post
    A psion gets to proxy level, and then there just isn't much else to do with the xp.
    Paths are a good use of XP. You save on skills and edges and get contacts. It also fleshes out the character's life. (I also told my group not to expect to get Psi 6. Psi 5 is totally fine, but Psi 6 would require all the things listed in the book plus a story event. That slowed them down on going straight for the requirements for that.)

Leave a comment:

• pcontop
    replied
    I think we need open avenues for the late game. An aberrant can gain and spend a lot of xp and still be playable. A psion gets to proxy level, and then there just isn't much else to do with the xp.

I think that Psi should go over 7. These levels would get more psi points to burn, but no new modes higher than 7 (because sometimes less is more). On the other hand, there would be fewer restrictions for the templates. So, at Psi 8-10, Psions could have higher secondary modes and unlock new Aptitudes (one per PSI?), while psiads would get higher aptitudes caps all around and unlock psi-style aptitude combination. The fun here would be to mix and match the modes from different aptitudes in new, unexpected ways. Also, they could self-harmonize their own multiple aptitudes for added combinational fun.

These levels would be very hard to get - advanced genetic therapy and psionic fine-tuning, as this was not designed by the benefactors nor anywhere near mankind's evolution level. Also, Psi 10 would place a character on the path to sublimating, and there should be rolls to resist this in stressful situations. I imagine their presence would call all types of attention universe-wise.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    Speaking of wife being a Talent a Gift needs to exist to let one gain longevity, just sayin!
    It would cause a huge discussion, like it happened to the Longevity Mega Edge in Aberrant... I would Houserule as: They die of old age when there is a good reason to not be alive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X