X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunyip
    started a topic The Random Ideas Creativity thread

The Random Ideas Creativity thread

Inspired by LordHeru, this thread is for those random Trinity Continuum thoughts, setting ideas, conspiracy theories, new technologies etc. Post something you want to share and let other people comment on and build from it.

May I throw in a couple of grounds rules? First, these are random thoughts. If people want feedback on how something would work within the system, please make it clear. If you want to go off on strange tangents that have nothing to do with the published Continuum setting or rules, please let us know that as well. This is the space for head canon, fake histories, and ‘What If’s’. It’s also the thread for ‘What would happen to the system/setting if I change X’?

Over all, respect each other, take inspiration from here as you find it, talk ideas with each other, or seek critique if you’re up for it.

Sound good? Let’s go!
    Last edited by Bunyip; 04-12-2020, 12:37 AM.

• cKnight
    replied
    I don't understand the question?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I like your idea. And I would use this to make Nova Warp and stelae teleportation time related to power rank instead of quantum (what gives more meaning to the warp rank)

Leave a comment:

• cKnight
    replied
    While working on my skip drive campaign, started wonder how far my players would take the new tech. So I came up with a scale for the speed.
    1 - 1 lyph
    2 - 3 lyph
    3 - 10 lyph
    4 - 30 lyph
    5 - 100 lyph
    6 - 500 lyph

Any thoughts or input would be great.

Leave a comment:

• cKnight
    replied
    (originally posted on discord, thought it would fit here)

My original idea was to have the PCs obtain several pieces of tech over a story arc.

- skip suit
    - hexer cheat drive
    - coalition ZP power cells

Then use those to develop an ftl drive.

Pseudo science of skip drive.
    Using the tech of the skip suit alone has destroyed all test craft trying to exceed the speed of light. It seems that the mass does not skip so well when it increases through relativistic speed. Though with the use of a cheat drive that lowers objects subjective mass and inertia the ship is actually able to skim the surface of spacetime. With the power available through the ZP cell, we have been able to boost the skip of space time to a stable observed speed of 1 light year per hour. Though the technology still has potentially more speed, the techs are busy mastering what they have accomplished.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Turner
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    I just had the idea about the potential 'ramifications' of long-term saturation within a strong and active noetic environment, like that of a Leviathan starship. These works of noetic biotech have strong AI that are as conscious and sapient as human and qin, if not different. They think and feel and express themselves through noetic energy - psi energy. Now imagine being inside one for a long term could lead to a sort of slow and steady awakening of psi potential in those that have it. For those that could become Psiad they become Psiad. But maybe for those with a strong Latency they could awaken as some sort of single-aptitude psi wielder - not a psion in fluff terms but one in mechanical terms.

Even if you don't go with the para-psion idea the idea that they can push awakenings on those who could become Psiads is a very interesting idea.

Could also trap one in a state where the bulk of their psionic potential is boosted by the noetic environment inside the Leviathan (or Qin psi-arcology or whatever), and one finds out that they have much reduced abilities outside of that environment. (So someone with great clairsentient ability inside the ship, for instance, but unable to 'see clearly' away from the ship.) This could create some interesting interactions for the characters involved. "Quick, we have to carry Paul back to the base so that I can heal him! I can't do it out here!"

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    I just had the idea about the potential 'ramifications' of long-term saturation within a strong and active noetic environment, like that of a Leviathan starship. These works of noetic biotech have strong AI that are as conscious and sapient as human and qin, if not different. They think and feel and express themselves through noetic energy - psi energy. Now imagine being inside one for a long term could lead to a sort of slow and steady awakening of psi potential in those that have it. For those that could become Psiad they become Psiad. But maybe for those with a strong Latency they could awaken as some sort of single-aptitude psi wielder - not a psion in fluff terms but one in mechanical terms.

Even if you don't go with the para-psion idea the idea that they can push awakenings on those who could become Psiads is a very interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Turner
    replied
    Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
    [*]Orgotek -> Phosphoric Order (Egypt)[LIST][*]The origin of Hermeticism and many magical traditions, as well as a Top 10 provider of phosphorus in the modern day, Egypt needed to be included somehow and the "Magic" of Light I felt suited them fine. Needs something to replace Technokinesis however.
    For a pre-tech Electrokinesis, having the third Mode deal with pure Magnetism could work.

Leave a comment:

• Sakii
    replied
    Originally posted by Vjornin View Post

As Bunyip said, you cannot do this to a planet. Bu you can do it to a normal person.

An adventure idea:

Our mega strong nova with Mega crush kills his victim by crushing it into a micro black hole. Micro black hole - Wikipedia
    The victim has disappeared, and the police only finds a gravitic disturbance at his home.
    What has happened?

I know, it's silly. But this thread was for these things.
    Correction, this game is for this things. XD

Leave a comment:

• Vjornin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sakii View Post
    So, im just skimming right now, but could it be that a Q5 Mega-Might 5 Nova with Mega-Crush can just punch a planet to non-existence? (Power scale 10. Weapons that can erase space-time)
    Or with Mega-Lifting do the superman trick to fly counter to the earth rotation to time travel? (Might scale 10. Can move time itself)

As Bunyip said, you cannot do this to a planet. Bu you can do it to a normal person.

An adventure idea:

Our mega strong nova with Mega crush kills his victim by crushing it into a micro black hole. Micro black hole - Wikipedia
    The victim has disappeared, and the police only finds a gravitic disturbance at his home.
    What has happened?

I know, it's silly. But this thread was for these things.

Leave a comment:

• Vjornin
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    So any thoughts on the Prometheus Ritual? hehe

I like it.

I think that this variant would greatly reduce the power of the psi orders as they would not have the monopoly of psion creation. It would be easy that different groups of interest (states, companies, criminal organizations,...) would be able to gather a group of psions able to do the ritual.

Also, I think that, this world would be more similar to Aberrant or Adventure! where the powered people gather by interests.
    Last edited by Vjornin; 04-21-2021, 03:13 PM. Reason: Formatting

Leave a comment:

• Critian Caceorte
    replied
    Pondering some of the discussion here about Psionics reflavored as "Magic." I also really enjoy Ars Magica's setting, and because of that I came up with a sort of outline for what a 13th-century collective of "Mages" might look like:

(Aeon) Organization -> (Magic) House/Order (Headquarters Location)
    • Aesculapian Order -> Aesculapian Order (Greece)
      • Undergoes the least amount of change from canon, including the name. Moved the headquarters to Greece to keep in line with Asclepius, though it's perfectly fine to keep it in Switzerland as per canon.
    • Chitra Banu -> The Alchemic Circle (India)
      • Although it didn't get to prominence until the 2nd or 3rd century CE, India does have a great alchemical tradition, and allowed me to change fewer details here compared to canon.
    • ISRA -> The Soothsayer Coven (Scandinavia)
      • Divination has a history within the Norse faith, especially with Odin, and so I thought a move to somewhere in Scandinavia, like Sweden or Norway, would work here.
    • The Legions -> Legios? (Byzantine)
      • "Lost Roman Legion" anyone? Basically it's a continuation of the Roman Military Tradition combined with sorcery.
    • Ministry -> The Houses Magi (Italy)
      • Though not yet as prominent in terms of culture as it later would be in the height of the Renaissance, Italy still holds a place in European politics owing to its Roman roots, hence the Houses would also originate in a similar manner. Basically our direct "Order of Hermes" equivalent.
    • Norca -> The Druidic Circle (British Isles)
      • Originally based in Western France, they were forced to move in with their northern cousins thanks to Caesar's efforts. While the isles are still dominated by the Christian Faith, there remains enough elements to perpetuate the Circle as a mystery cult of sorts.
    • Orgotek -> Phosphoric Order (Egypt)
      • The origin of Hermeticism and many magical traditions, as well as a Top 10 provider of phosphorus in the modern day, Egypt needed to be included somehow and the "Magic" of Light I felt suited them fine. Needs something to replace Technokinesis however.
    • Upeo wa Macho -> The Wayfarers (None / North America)
      • The wanderers, who have no permanent base and instead meet at different places depending on where the higher leadership decides. Could also be located somewhere on the American continent, as they are the only ones with access to that land.
    Organizational Structure:
    Expected Path Dots Required Path Dots Mastery Level Requirements
    0 0 Touched 1 dot in an Aptitude Mode
    1 1 Initiate At least 1 dot in each Aptitude Mode OR at least 2 dots in an Aptitude Mode
    2 1 Apprentice At least 3 dots in an Aptitude Mode as well as 1 dot in all other Aptitude Modes OR at least 2 dots in all Aptitude Modes
    3 1 Journeyman 4 dots in an Aptitude Mode as well as 2 dots in all other Aptitude Modes OR at least 3 dots in all Aptitude Modes
    4 2 Master Reached Psi 6
    5 3 Grandmaster Achieved a 7-dot power
    "Expected" Path Dots are the number of Path Dots you might expect a member of this level to have. "Required" Path Dots are the amount that a Mage of that level SHOULD have, unless they've been banished for some crime or another. "Touched" is a substitute term for Latents here, and the "Grandmaster" for each organization is the equivalent of the Proxies in Aeon canon.

Methods of Initiation:
    AKA How to make more Psions. For this I had two ideas: 1) Have a prospective member drink a potion created by one of the Order members, or 2) Have different methods of "initiating" Mages for each organization. Both ideas possess a chance of failure, requiring the creation of an Inspired Science item or project, though other abilities can be substituted for Science and Technology. The higher up the command chain you go, generally, the better chance you have of the initiation working.

Here are some potential methods I thought of for the organizations:
    • Aesculapian Order: Surgery
    • Alchemic Circle: Potion
    • Soothsayer Coven: Hallucinogenic Substances
    • Legios: ?
    • Houses Magi: Telepathic Pressure Test
    • Druidic Circle: Animal Sacrifice?
    • Phosphoric Order: Electro-Therapy
    • Wayfarers: ?
    Obviously there's still a lot to conjure up here. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    So any thoughts on the Prometheus Ritual? hehe
    Last edited by LordHeru; 11-01-2020, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sakii
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

No. It’s nice that a Scale table has been included with evocative descriptions, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Scale is always relative. In the first case, the Earth is Durability Scale 8-10, somewhere between ‘cosmic materials’ and ‘beyond human comprehension’. If the SG is cautious and says 8, your Mega-Crush character has 2 Scale against the planet, not 10.

For the second question, Earth is Size Scale 9 (it’s a ‘world’), so your Mega-Lifting character has 1 Scale over the Earth, not 10.
    I think having 2 more scale that an object could allow you to easily move it. Would that +2scale at least allow for some "knock the planet out of orbit" thing.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by Sakii View Post
    So, im just skimming right now, but could it be that a Q5 Mega-Might 5 Nova with Mega-Crush can just punch a planet to non-existence? (Power scale 10. Weapons that can erase space-time)
    Or with Mega-Lifting do the superman trick to fly counter to the earth rotation to time travel? (Might scale 10. Can move time itself)
    No. It’s nice that a Scale table has been included with evocative descriptions, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Scale is always relative. In the first case, the Earth is Durability Scale 8-10, somewhere between ‘cosmic materials’ and ‘beyond human comprehension’. If the SG is cautious and says 8, your Mega-Crush character has 2 Scale against the planet, not 10.

For the second question, Earth is Size Scale 9 (it’s a ‘world’), so your Mega-Lifting character has 1 Scale over the Earth, not 10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X