No announcement yet.

Anima: what are we expecting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect that Nippon doesn't lose anything significant tech-wise between Anima and Æon. Rather, I see this era featuring all of the technology that they'll have in the Æon era, but with large chunks of it being Nova-Tech that hasn't yet been reverse-engineered down to regular hard-tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      I suspect that Nippon doesn't lose anything significant tech-wise between Anima and Æon. Rather, I see this era featuring all of the technology that they'll have in the Æon era, but with large chunks of it being Nova-Tech that hasn't yet been reverse-engineered down to regular hard-tech.
      I see Nihon cybernetics in anima more Plastic and less faux-flesh. With basically the same options but looking a bit odd as it don't look like part of the body (working like the non-Nihon tech).

Other than that the general tech level is the same, maybe even a bit higher, as there are more remaining Nova Tech around and operating AI.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdboi View Post
        At this point, aren't all the Mega-Intellect Japanese Novas who built their country into a technological powerhouse still alive? That'd mean they're producing and maintaining Nova tech that is no longer available in the Aeon era, although this'd only be used by highly placed government agents.
        Probably all the tech they produce is hiding somewhere in the high ranks of the government, waiting to be slowly released to the public thru the next 40 years or so. So the tech level would be a little lower in Japan, closer to the tech level of the rest of the world in Aeon Era. The general population don't know about the Novas or the Superiors among the population, so I guess they need to go slow with all the tech availability.

Comment

These are all great ideas. I’m defo looking forward to the Anima Kickstarter.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

I am hoping for the ability to play a good cyberpunk setting with a spectrum of litRPG from 0 to full on. I would mind being able to recreate games styles such as Shadowrun with this but I don't want the focus to be so much on litRPG that we can not play without it. on the litRPG side I really want some good matrix style rules to make VR runs fun and exciting. Oh and Equipment lots of Equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
              I am hoping for the ability to play a good cyberpunk setting with a spectrum of litRPG from 0 to full on. I would mind being able to recreate games styles such as Shadowrun with this but I don't want the focus to be so much on litRPG that we can not play without it. on the litRPG side I really want some good matrix style rules to make VR runs fun and exciting. Oh and Equipment lots of Equipment.
              The idea of using this for Litrpg style adventuring has me throwing my money at the screen, which sadly isn't doing anything at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post

I've never thought Shadowrun was bad at making Decking Fun it was... that it was ONE PLAYER stuff.... unless you made everyone a Decker.

Comment

The last time I saw a table top RPG try to simulate a computer RPG was the fourth edition of D&D.

Not that I expect this to be anything like that…

Comment

I'm very much looking forward to this. Can't wait.

Comment

NullApostle agreed

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                        The last time I saw a table top RPG try to simulate a computer RPG was the fourth edition of D&D.

Not that I expect this to be anything like that…
                        PLEASE NO!!!
                        Thats my General reaction to D&D 4E

But what I think they are talking about when mentioning MMO is more like Player One, Caprica VR World and Second Life, and less WoW or Ultima Online.

As a comment, the first thing that come to my mind was Ralph breaking the Internet, I guess I have been spending to much time watching TV with my kid...

Comment

I just hope we get people playing Dollhouse with each other’s (and their own) brains, underground memory black markets, etc etc!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Exactly. Hard-tech that treats human brains as if they were computers, complete with the ability to interface, upload, download, and hack the “software”.

Comment

Now we're getting dangerously close to the Altered Carbon-inspired setting I was noodling.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                                Now we're getting dangerously close to the Altered Carbon-inspired setting I was noodling.
                                well true resleeving we know isn’t a thing from past writer comments, but Dollhouse style editing someone’s brain into another person (including a copy of the person doing the editing) might be.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X