No announcement yet.

Anima: what are we expecting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, but it's effectively resleeving if you copy yourself into someone else's brain and delete yourself in the body you're currently in.

Comment

I'm guessing there'll be a PC option as psychomorphs that "awaken" in the mmorpg, matrix-style.

Comment

Originally posted by El Barto View Post
        I'm guessing there'll be a PC option as psychomorphs that "awaken" in the mmorpg, matrix-style.
        A Psiad with EK could do the job, actually you gave me some ideas...

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I just reread Thechnokinesis, it would work perfectly on a VR environment.

Tap allow to see thru the code, seeing thru walls, sensing approaching characters and NPCs, sensing traps, things like that.
          Access gives you GM access (access to DB of equipment, instant travel, things like that, much like Minecraft in creative mode)
          Control can control the computer directly, not altering the Virtual Reality, but rebooting, disconnecting and overclocking the servers and clients.
          Code can reprogram the entire virtual reality, change basic rules that even GMs can’t, create and force mods directly in the system, changing gravity, how damage works, boosting characters and NPCs, creating new items, etc.

Comment

I'm hoping for a certain level of anime influence on this. Not just the obvious Sword Art Online and related bits, but stuff like SSSS.Gridman (where stuff that happens in VR/alternate reality/whatever ends up impacting the real world in some fashion), PsychoPass (the use of brain scanning and memory tech being put to less than reputable ends), and Ghost in the Shell (cyber-brains and questions of identity).
            Also things like David Cronenburg's Existenz and Chris Nolan's Inception, as well as The Signal, The Thirteenth Floor, and Serenity, where what is real and what is technology-induced illusion is not entirely clear to the protagonists.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by El Barto View Post
              Considering that this is before S.K. triggered the Æon Event, psychomorphs are going to be rare, probably more rare than Talents. But yeah, I do hope that there will be a few; and the ones with telepathic and/or technokinetic powers will be the most relevant to this era. The Technokinetics in particular could be used to provide something akin to Shadowrun's technomancers (the guys who can interface with the Matrix without any hardware).

But I'm hoping that the default protagonists of this era will be Talents.

Comment

I meant a new type of inspired who may behave like a limited form of mesmerist in the physical world but whose abilities are enhanced to greater levels in the virtual reality. I assume this mmo has a shady origin and thought maybe it causes a reaction in some users, like a psi-resonating nakamura process.

Comment

Dollhouse was a good show, How old is it now? checks ...I feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                    Dollhouse was a good show, How old is it now? checks ...I feel old.
                    The fact that it was Eliza Dushku’s baby (she came up with the concept with the Whedons) combined with what we know now about youth growing up in Hollywood, really contextualizes the experience the show was exploring.
                    Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-07-2020, 05:46 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

So does this mean we are getting this before Adventure!?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                        No. We will have Adventure! KS still this year (maybe not), and Anima will probably have a KS as an entire setting.

We will have Assassins before Anima also.

Comment

I think we might have some interesting interactions between the Glass and Flux after all Flux pulls things from other realities...

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

I've seen this a few times and I'm not sure where it comes from.

Adventure! was announced in January. Anima was announced in May. Why would Anima come first?

Ian A. A. Watson
                            Onyx Path Community Manager
                            Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                              I've seen this a few times and I'm not sure where it comes from.
                              Murder hornets.

They are infamous for their disinformation campaigns.

Also, the plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is ... sinister.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Murder hornets.

They are infamous for their disinformation campaigns.

Also, the plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is ... sinister.
                                Only when on the left shoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X