No announcement yet.

Anima: what are we expecting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone give a synopsis? With the family and the staying in, it's really hard for me to get time to listen to a podcaset.

Comment

Reposting part, to add whole podcast sum-up...

I listen to Pathcast with Ian, and they mention that Tad Williams Otherland books series is one of inspirations for TC: Anima. It's great to me, as I was reading it whole on my 17 year old summer camps - and great mind image for how the MMO part can work. / Even if I thought the plot of books were a bit too nebulous and convoluted. /

In Pathcast is also mentioned Ready Player One movie as inspiration - so here is official trailer for it. Cool setting it seems to be forged, this TC: Anima!

Ian points that Glass device in setting ( neural interface in your brain ) let's you play it like video games of Remember Me or Assassins Creed series with Animus - or like movies like Totall Recall and it's 'fake memories/vacations in you brain'.

And devs are pointing that TC: Aeon is 'Mass Effect 10 years before the Mass Effect' - and that ME gives great direct feel of TC: Aeon.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2020, 02:46 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Listening to the recent interview I’m glad it sounds like memory hacking and skill downloads, etc, are indeed a central element of the era.

I’m a bit skeptical about the degree they’re playing down the broader continuum tieins, since this should be an era where Corruption zones are vaster and more numerous than in Aeon and thus eruptions still relatively frequent, which should have major setting impact. But if the official material doesn’t explore that, maybe some Nexus material can.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by NewK View Post
          Can anyone give a synopsis? With the family and the staying in, it's really hard for me to get time to listen to a podcaset.
          Of the whole podcast or the game pitch?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

This video had some interesting insights to anime that take place inside video games. I thought it might be relevant here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3y3YfIC6o

Comment

So if jacking directly into VR by cyberware was super popular in this era does that mean there’s a big age demographic of people in Æon who have these cybernetic implants?

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
                So if jacking directly into VR by cyberware was super popular in this era does that mean there’s a big age demographic of people in Æon who have these cybernetic implants?
                They become illegal and (as suggested) people got afraid of them as they allowed other people (including Aberrants) to access and control people minds and memories. I would say there is indeed a bunch of 60-70 years old people that still have connectors and things like that, but most of them removed when it become illegal.

Also, this technology is probably extremely obvious and treated with prejudice by the rest of the population, so I guess they would remove anything that would be inconvenient.

Additionally, removing it would be easy, specially with Rex clinics all around the world.

So the answer is, yes, there is, but is far less than the original amount.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

60-75 is the age range of my favorite VK character concept so it drew my attention. 😉

Comment

Working...
                  X