• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Two things that come to mind here, with respect to the MMO:

1. Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online/Accel World animes.
    2. The Guilded Age webcomic.

.hack also comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Gray
    replied
    This really interests me because there's only a 20 year space between The Crash and the point where mind-altering hardtech was restricted, so this is working under a far less extensive timeframe than the other gamelines. I'm guessing that rather than focusing on the big, expansive, world-changing stuff that Aeon, Aberrant and to a lesser degree the core book deals with the scope of Anima will be more personal and street-level. The fact that an MMORPG is going to play an important part in the game also lends itself to this idea. I wonder (and hope) that they make it so you can interact with both aspects of the setting independently, so if you want to play a game that focuses on the MMO aspect and not on the corporate espionage stuff or vice-versa, you can.

An alternate possibility is that they're focusing the game on the mystery of the MMO and everything kind of rotates around that by default. The MMO aspect seems to be the big, really unique hook of the setting since you can still go cyberpunk in Aeon if you set your game in the FSA or somewhere like it so it would make sense if that's how they approached it.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Two things that come to mind here, with respect to the MMO:

1. Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online/Accel World animes.
    2. The Guilded Age webcomic.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    Okay so yeah, this sounds awesome.

Though I have to admit to honestly hating the fact that they are keeping the Aberrant metaplot (really really don't like that). Especially there being the FSA, which I put in the big nope category.

That said the whole idea of cyberpunk and powered MMO is brilliant, like BRILLIANT, to me and so I am def willing to look past that.

Oh, who am I kidding, of course I am going to kickstart back it and buy it in physical and pdf and all that stuff - there is negative a thousand chance I would not.

I do wonder what the power suite for the players will be, I mean obviously its gotta be something somewhat lowkey but still it gotta be good. i wonder if they will be called Anima, hehe.

Oooh, I wonder if the MMO has 'magic' in it and if there will be rules to play such avatars in the game.

Also, oooh, I wonder if the MMO world is actually some sort of parallel dimension - real and yet different - and the players get to go between the two. Maybe digitally at first but eventually through body movements.

Really, like really, this looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I'm curious about the integration of the MMORPG. Is there going to be meta-mechanics like in They Came From Beneath the Sea! inside the game?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Are you certain it’s Anima?
    http://theonyxpath.com/onyx-path-pub...ity-continuum/

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Yes: Anima is the announced name for an era set after Aberrant and before Æon, where mind-manipulation hard-tech ran rampant.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Are you certain it’s Anima?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X