Anima: what are we expecting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mateus Luz
    started a topic Anima: what are we expecting?

Anima: what are we expecting?

Hi guys,

Anima were announced and we know a lot about it, but what else are we expecting?

We know:
    - Hard tech is the thing, there is no biotech.
    - Japan is probably on a lower Tech level than in Aeon, probably on the same level as the rest of world hard tech in Aeon.
    - Much like Aeon, FSA is mostly broken, probably more paranoid and more closed on itself.
    - Europe is in better condition than in Aeon.
    - South America and Africa are not highly developed yet, but they are in a better situation than FSA, Europe and Russia.
    - China is the economical center of the world.
    - Australia is in the growing, but not there yet. In a good situation but not the cultural center of the world, as in Aeon latter.

What I expect:
    - Cyberpunk 2020 style cybernetics for the veterans and accident survivors, not popular and not beautiful, just chrome.
    - Bladerunner 2049 style agents and cities, with the first archeologists already built and working, but still brute, not the nice living or colorful ones from Aeon.
    - Some space colonization to Mars and Moon and some exploration of the belt.
    - People leaving shelters after 20 years isolation (it would be interesting, sure there were many that locked themselves to scape the war and now are out of supplies).

• werlynn
    replied
    60-75 is the age range of my favorite VK character concept so it drew my attention. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by werlynn View Post
    So if jacking directly into VR by cyberware was super popular in this era does that mean there’s a big age demographic of people in Æon who have these cybernetic implants?
    They become illegal and (as suggested) people got afraid of them as they allowed other people (including Aberrants) to access and control people minds and memories. I would say there is indeed a bunch of 60-70 years old people that still have connectors and things like that, but most of them removed when it become illegal.

Also, this technology is probably extremely obvious and treated with prejudice by the rest of the population, so I guess they would remove anything that would be inconvenient.

Additionally, removing it would be easy, specially with Rex clinics all around the world.

So the answer is, yes, there is, but is far less than the original amount.

Leave a comment:

• werlynn
    replied
    So if jacking directly into VR by cyberware was super popular in this era does that mean there’s a big age demographic of people in Æon who have these cybernetic implants?

Leave a comment:

• BrilliantRain
    replied
    This video had some interesting insights to anime that take place inside video games. I thought it might be relevant here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3y3YfIC6o

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by NewK View Post
    Can anyone give a synopsis? With the family and the staying in, it's really hard for me to get time to listen to a podcaset.
    Of the whole podcast or the game pitch?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Listening to the recent interview I’m glad it sounds like memory hacking and skill downloads, etc, are indeed a central element of the era.

I’m a bit skeptical about the degree they’re playing down the broader continuum tieins, since this should be an era where Corruption zones are vaster and more numerous than in Aeon and thus eruptions still relatively frequent, which should have major setting impact. But if the official material doesn’t explore that, maybe some Nexus material can.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Reposting part, to add whole podcast sum-up...

I listen to Pathcast with Ian, and they mention that Tad Williams Otherland books series is one of inspirations for TC: Anima. It's great to me, as I was reading it whole on my 17 year old summer camps - and great mind image for how the MMO part can work. / Even if I thought the plot of books were a bit too nebulous and convoluted. /

In Pathcast is also mentioned Ready Player One movie as inspiration - so here is official trailer for it. Cool setting it seems to be forged, this TC: Anima!

Ian points that Glass device in setting ( neural interface in your brain ) let's you play it like video games of Remember Me or Assassins Creed series with Animus - or like movies like Totall Recall and it's 'fake memories/vacations in you brain'.

And devs are pointing that TC: Aeon is 'Mass Effect 10 years before the Mass Effect' - and that ME gives great direct feel of TC: Aeon.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2020, 02:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NewK
    replied
    Can anyone give a synopsis? With the family and the staying in, it's really hard for me to get time to listen to a podcaset.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I listen to Pathcast with Ian, and they mention that Tad Williams Otherland books series is one of inspirations. It's great to me, as I was reading it whole on my 17 year old summer camps - and great mind image for how the MMO part can work. / Even if I thought the plot of books were a bit too nebulous and convoluted. :/ /

In Pathcast is also mentioned Ready Player One movie as inspiration - so here is official trailer for it. Cool setting it seems to be forged, this TC: Anima!

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    Some of the things I look forward to is hearing how Glass is made - its got to be at least Inspired tech if not something else - and what the powered template is gonna be cause I doubt the people are normal humans with Glass embodied in their heads (which is a bizarre way to put it, lol). Also, since this is Aeon I wonder what the Society is doing during the period where virtual worlds are popping up and people might or might not be dissapearing. hehe
    This is interesting, because it’s probably something invented by Novas (or at least was latter said to be invented by Novas or controllable by novas) as people abandoned it almost completely in the following 40 years.

I am really interested in the setting for various reasons, of of them is I love Cyberpunk and I don’t like the systems used in most of the cyberpunk RPGs available. They usually have issues to make VR fun or (like in shadow run) were changed to make it more a AR instead of a VR (so people in it and out of it will interact more).

Also, Matrix, there is no game with a good approach on how a character works in and out of the Matrix, with downloadable skills and things like that. As Memories can be transferred and copied, I believe we will see this kind of thing available in Anima and it is great!

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    This all sounds fascinating. Can’t wait for Anima.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas.Bagley
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
    I talk a bit about Anima in the latest Onyx Pathcast: http://theonyxpath.com/episode-105-w...an-a-a-watson/
    Just finished the episode, it was awesome! I am now VERY much looking forward to Anima.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
    I talk a bit about Anima in the latest Onyx Pathcast: http://theonyxpath.com/episode-105-w...an-a-a-watson/
    While I respect the other two individuals a lot I wish you spoke a bit more in the podcast itself.

That said, what was said was quite interesting on numerous levels.

One element that I really liked was the whole "You can play in a fantasy world since its a mmo", so I hope that idea stays. I also really liked how you guys mentioned LITRPG as both an inspiration and something you are aware of. It makes me hope that you have it so that Glass is something that not just connects to virtual worlds but could actually lead to places that are real and formed of say manifested reality Flux. And stuff like that.

Honestly, while Assassins is interesting out of this and that it is this that I am really really looking forward too. There is so much potential in this and its going to be fascinating to see what you guys do with it.

Some of the things I look forward to is hearing how Glass is made - its got to be at least Inspired tech if not something else - and what the powered template is gonna be cause I doubt the people are normal humans with Glass embodied in their heads (which is a bizarre way to put it, lol). Also, since this is Aeon I wonder what the Society is doing during the period where virtual worlds are popping up and people might or might not be dissapearing. hehe

Anyway, thanks for this, the game seems interesting and I look forward to both hearing more and buying it whenever it is kickstarted or it simply comes out.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X