Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TC: Aberrant and the Slow Aging question--what best to combine it with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC: Aberrant and the Slow Aging question--what best to combine it with?

I know that the manuscript is pretty much obsolete and that things have been rearranged. Still, if Slow Aging (or whatever it's being called) is still a separate thing, I have an idea what to do for my home games.

I'd prefer to roll it into Dense Flesh, and have the extra Health Levels have the side effect of slowing down the aging process. Dense Flesh by itself seems like not so big a bang for the buck, but with extended lifespan---that seems reasonable. The other thing I might do is roll it into Immunity, and have age be treated like a slow-acting toxin---but that might make it too valuable, pushing it into a "must have" category, and Aberrant has been good about NOT having those.

Any ideas?

My suggestion is to roll it into Regeneration. It’s probably more “in tune” with the idea of regenerating faster than you can age, on the Wolverine style.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I like my variations in my elderly aberrants. And I like not paying for something I am not going to use, such as the Slow Aging.

I'd place it in Mega-Stamina itself, or else in Quantum rating. This way we don't have to have all long-lived aberrants be regenerators or super-resistant to toxins.

Comment

Originally posted by pcontop View Post
        I like my variations in my elderly aberrants. And I like not paying for something I am not going to use, such as the Slow Aging.

I'd place it in Mega-Stamina itself, or else in Quantum rating. This way we don't have to have all long-lived aberrants be regenerators or super-resistant to toxins.

I want to roll it in with Dense Flesh, because Dense Flesh by itself doesn't seem as worth its price tag as Regeneration, Immunity, or Durability. Dense Flesh compliments those three, but isn't so much worth it as a stand-alone Mega-Edge, and we all think Slow Aging isn't worth the price, so...why not roll them together?

My justification for it is that "dense flesh" can also be organ redundancy: The nova's body having reserve parts to take over for damaged organs, slowing down the shutdown of the nova's body due to injury. Such redundancy can also slow the aging process by smoothing out the rough spots in healing that accumulate into the damage of aging. Regeneration is quick repair; Dense Flesh could be organ redundancy slowing down the wear and tear of aging. so why not roll them together?

That's my rationale.

Comment

Honestly I think my biggest complaint about the manuscript aside form not knowing what the various scales meant was that the mega attributes didn't seem to do very much. I think I'd be happier if Mega Stamina got some kick for what you paid for it. After buying Adaptation the ability to to resist hunger, thirst, and fatigue and indirect damage doesn't' seem like much of a benefit. Like others I would have rolled Slow Aging into Mega Stamina along with much of the benefits of Dense Flesh.

Comment

Agree with you, from the 3 Physical MAtts Might is the only that do what is expected (causing scaled damage), Dex is ok dealing with precision, but kind of missing something, and Sta is... boring, you need a MEdge for all the nice effects...

Optionally, the idea of MAtt could be removed and all their effects become MEdges (or Powers...). It would not be difficult to work like that, just pretend the MAtts are MEdges that do their effects and are prerequisite to other MEdges... it would reduce the expected results from them for sure.
            Last edited by Mateus Luz; 06-06-2020, 08:02 AM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
            X