After Adventure, what's our desire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Adventure, what's our desire.

What it says on the tin. Both Amina and Adventure are in the writing pipeline at various stages. So, what kind of stuff do we want next?

In terms of games I'd like a far future setting with aliens, supertech, and new ways of handling the major powers.

I'd also like a time war game where the dials could be moved around freely from Fritz Lieber's "Big Time", to Tommy Tomorrow and the Time patrol, to "Doctor Who", as the players wish.

Both. Everything.

Though on a serious note I think the time travel one sounds really interesting. For many reasons but one of them being the whole unstuck in time thing of Mercer, meaning said setting already has a potential character in it that could be used as a sort of spring board towards adventure. Like imagine if due to his own special nature Matt Mercer created a version of Aeon that is basically everywhere, like how the Impossible Girl is in all places and times so is Aeon.

The other major period is long long ago, a sort of ancient world with some mythical non-mythical (because Trinity isn't about 'magic') elements to it. That would also be an intriguing area to cover in a way that is not really being covered.

Though your mention f the far future is also great. The idea of less the early phase of humans into space and more say how Star Wars is in a mature galaxy with over 25k worth of history would be brilliant. Or maybe something like the Foundation Galaxy of Asimov, just with aliens. Or... Basically a mature spacefaring society with a place for Inspired, Novas, and Psiads.

I will say this one of the things that I would really like for TC to give us is 'rules' for a more 'fantasy' like setting. Its done scifi and pulp and so to have fantasy be written up using its system would be like a perfect blend.

Comment

We have Aegis as a future announcement, so the mythic non-mystical setting is somewhere in the line.

My favorite idea is a far future setting with balanced Novas and powerful Psiads exploring the universe (or even multiverse).

But the time travelers are very interesting...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I’d definitely like to see Aegis (the long ago proposed setting) be moved to the head of the queue.

I could also see a Victorian era (late 1800s) or classic sci-fi (1950s) era being fun, but they might overlap with Adventure! too much. And I kinda feel like the core does a fine job at covering the “Super Spy” era of the 60s and 70s as is, so maybe a softcover with setting info/adventure hooks/period specific gifts from that period might be useful, but I’m not sure it warrants a full blown era.

Hmmm.... Actually that could be kinda neat. Doing supplementary “minor eras” that are “too close” to the Main Eras to warrant full hardcovers with tons of new rules, but where enough has changed that some additional info might be useful to help fit into an alternate genre or simply some advice on how the world was at the time.

Thinking on it, I suppose I’m most interested in what this universe was like before the Hammersmith experiment and the Aeon society. I mean, it’s still not gonna be entirely normal at those points, but without a kickstart from something to increase the weirdness level, it seems like Talents are the only ones who get much play and they’re intentionally subtle, so... I guess I’m curious what other periods of increased weirdness have occurred in the past.

A time travel focused “meta-era” could be cool, but I kinda feel like we need more era books to exist first before that one would be very useful.

Comment

Hmmm... Given the work Onyx Path has already done with the Dark Eras books for the Chronicles of Darkness, it might be worth poking through them for periods in history that might fit well in the Trinity Continuum.

Comment

I do like the Aegis idea. I had, at one point, wanted to design a game similar to the concept of it.
            I do not think that time traveler would be a good option along the main continuum but I would certainly love to see a Slider-esque game. You pop into unique timelines wherein the universe is changed in subtle ways. Be it that WW 2 ended differently or if Communism never took hold or if the Library of Alexandria was saved and so forth and so on. That would be, to me, an awesome idea. Perhaps mix in things like time travel with these alternate timelines?
            You have an overarching organization. Their world collapsed due to too much interference in time travel. So now, they go to other timelines and nudge something here or there to basically chrono-form a world to what they had before they messed things up. The players can either explore these worlds or else try to go back and fix what the bad guys changed. This could fold the alternate timeline back into the main one and deny the bad guys an option.
            Y'know what? If OPP does not make this, I just may. lol

Comment

The Slider idea is great, and could be something for Talents using Talents Powered Science Items. We have one example in Media Res, it’s not difficult to expand over it, maybe just let the characters invent things like that items.

I would buy it on the Nexus...

Comment

I'm with BrilliantRain on the idea of doing something like the Dark Eras books with the Trinityverse. Once you've got the main eras set out and time travel set up and/or limited both themes (Super Spy, Steampunk, Classic Sci-fi) and alternates outside of the timeline (basically any alternative history plus how to cross actual magic into the setting) can be accommodated.
                Last edited by Astromancer; 06-08-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

On the “actual magic” part, I have would suggest to keep it inside the 3 sources (Flux, Quantum and Psi).

Starting with Psi, we can have magic users that have general powers, like a witch that can change shape, a zombi master that can control people bodies, a fire mage and things like that. It’s a matter of picking a Psiad with the proper Modes and combinations.

Quantum can work from guys that are above human condition (on a Stalwart level) to a god (on Nova level). Maybe you can have a bunch of Stalwarts using super tech devices to work as demigods, or a kind of Quantum user that can control the elements on a limited way (Novas a the end of Quantum users scale, we could have a more balanced one that can still control the quantum forces out of their bodies).

Flux can be used to subtle changing reality, time travel, dimensional travel, Summoning creatures from other dimensions (Aberrants in the form of demons or angels if you prefere).
                  I am working on a way to add this effects to TC, other than Fists of Flux (I don’t know if I just expand on it or if I make an entire book with the same Tier III Talent concept), the idea is to bring some of the dark magic feeling (on the Cthulu-esque style) to the setting, with cultists capable of summoning bizarre monsters from other dimensions thru long rituals (more mundane level magic), Talents capable of conscious dramatic editing and Excelsiors capable of reality bending effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                    On the “actual magic” part, I have would suggest to keep it inside the 3 sources (Flux, Quantum and Psi).

Starting with Psi, we can have magic users that have general powers, like a witch that can change shape, a zombi master that can control people bodies, a fire mage and things like that. It’s a matter of picking a Psiad with the proper Modes and combinations.

Quantum can work from guys that are above human condition (on a Stalwart level) to a god (on Nova level). Maybe you can have a bunch of Stalwarts using super tech devices to work as demigods, or a kind of Quantum user that can control the elements on a limited way (Novas a the end of Quantum users scale, we could have a more balanced one that can still control the quantum forces out of their bodies).

Flux can be used to subtle changing reality, time travel, dimensional travel, Summoning creatures from other dimensions (Aberrants in the form of demons or angels if you prefere).
                    I am working on a way to add this effects to TC, other than Fists of Flux (I don’t know if I just expand on it or if I make an entire book with the same Tier III Talent concept), the idea is to bring some of the dark magic feeling (on the Cthulu-esque style) to the setting, with cultists capable of summoning bizarre monsters from other dimensions thru long rituals (more mundane level magic), Talents capable of conscious dramatic editing and Excelsiors capable of reality bending effects.
                    That's good for in the main continuity magic, and how the setting should go. I was talking about out of continuity and out of left field stuff. No core supplement should use actual magic, however when you're setting up something twisted and silly, such rules are useful. Heck, just take the version of Mage magic they used in a supplement for Hunter: the Reckoning polish the rough edges and put it in an appendix in the back of a toolkit book.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

That's good for in the main continuity magic, and how the setting should go. I was talking about out of continuity and out of left field stuff. No core supplement should use actual magic, however when you're setting up something twisted and silly, such rules are useful. Heck, just take the version of Mage magic they used in a supplement for Hunter: the Reckoning polish the rough edges and put it in an appendix in the back of a toolkit book.
                      I like your idea, sounds fun and playable.

I was playing with the idea of Ars Magica for Storypath, but it’s far from silly and fun, it’s more methodical and mechanical... I like it, but it is not for everyone...
                      Last edited by Mateus Luz; 06-06-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Aegis. Time travel. Space opera. Like a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen clone. I personally would love to see the Three Musketeers era for TC (Milady de Winter is the ancestor of the King of the World and I really admire Milady as a villain) but idk how popular that would be.

BrilliantRain I Liked your idea

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

I think I would like some rules for interaction between the various eras. I strongly suspect that time and realm travel will be a thing in the continuum at some point since the various setting books all share a core. Of particular interest to me is making psions and novas (or aberrants if you prefer) work alongside one another. I think it would be awesome to run something like what occurs in the Fate of Humanity bit in Chapter 11 of the Aeon book. As they say its a different era. That sounds like a cool if short setting book.

Comment

Honestly I would wait for Adventure rules before anything, but putting all kinds of character together is the thing I really any to with TC.

When I saw Dimension invaders in Media Res it become a thing I really want to happen officially (meanwhile I will use my little rules for tier III Talents).

Comment

andrewm9 that’s a really good idea

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                              X