No announcement yet.

After Adventure, what's our desire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see a Trinity Continuum Players Guide/Companion that expands on a lot of the stuff in the core book and fleshes out the modern setting a bit more, including a discussion of different genres that TC can cover.

As for a Hidden Worlds type book, in my ideal world, I'd like to see such a book cover at least some of the following.
    • Under Your Nose and Out of the Way: The sort of hidden stuff lurking behind the everyday world of the 1930s, including but not limited to various hidden lairs and secret locations (the equivalents to Doc Savage's skyscraper headquarters, the Shadow's Sanctum, Miskatonic University's library, secret labs, "Lost" subway/underground tube stations, etc.). Probably also some mention of things like Stonehenge, the catacombs under Paris (including the special area under the opera house), various private clubs, "haunted" houses, and the like.
    • Lost Cities and Islands: The secret ape city from the original book, the mythical city of Shambalah, the hidden high tech industrial Metropolis, the lost Roman colony in Africa or South America, Skull Island, the stuff from H. Rider Haggard's novels, the place where a mad scientist is trying to turn animals into people, plateaus or canyons with hidden dinosaurs, lost tribes, the headquarters of the secret society of assassins, weird stuff buried under the ice of Antarctica, and all that fun stuff.
    • Under the Sea: besides rules/guidelines for deep sea diving and submarines, including super high tech ones, ship wrecks and lost treasures, lost Atlantis and other possible sunken cities, the Deep Ones, and probably rules for aquatic Stalwart types along the lines of Namor/Aquaman or mermaids.
    • Out of This World: Leaving the planet in the 1930s, including rules/guidelines for jet planes and rocket ships, and probably Stargates and the like as well. The Moon, Mars, and Venus as envisioned by the science fiction and science fantasy of the 1930s and earlier, including alien races. This may also include Mercury and the hypothetical planet Vulcan. Also Counter-Earth, the world that shares our orbit but is always on the other side of the sun. And probably alternate dimensions, including one resembling Flash Gordon.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Lady Gray, No One of Consequence those are all really great ideas.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

I'd also love a Far future Space Opera setting. Something 100+ years past Æon.

Inspiration: Star Trek, Orville, Sol Bianca, Outlaw Star, Angel Links, etc.

Something where the default play mode is (or at least can be) episodic space travel, new planet of the week sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post
          I'd also love a Far future Space Opera setting. Something 100+ years past Æon.

Inspiration: Star Trek, Orville, Sol Bianca, Outlaw Star, Angel Links, etc.

Something where the default play mode is (or at least can be) episodic space travel, new planet of the week sort of thing.

Sindbad in the stars, always fun.

Comment

My favorite Sci-Fi trope is Lost Technology. Any stuff where a long dead race left behind stuff way in advance of the current interstellar society's ability to understand or duplicate. That's something I want to see more of in Æon and post-Æon games.

Comment

Originally posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post
              My favorite Sci-Fi trope is Lost Technology. Any stuff where a long dead race left behind stuff way in advance of the current interstellar society's ability to understand or duplicate. That's something I want to see more of in Æon and post-Æon games.
              There’s at least a few of those in Distant Worlds.

Comment

I'd love a Renaissance/Early Modern Swashbuckler setting (it would mix the various types from First Edition Adventure! but in their 2e forms.) I'd go with the name Anthor ( an Alchemist's furnace).

Comment

I was watching Cloverfield Paradox the other they, and the idea of the space station with a generator using interdimensional energy (that shifts the entire station to another reality and change the timeline of multiple universes) is interesting. Maybe it’s a new version of the Hammersmith teluric engine...

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I kind of want one of those "modern people get transported to the past and start implementing new tech and ideas" settings.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                      I kind of want one of those "modern people get transported to the past and start implementing new tech and ideas" settings.

Yes. Yes. YES!!! So much this. Sooooooo much this. Sooooo very much.

I don't know how exactly such implementation would work since there is a lot of nuances to bringing tech and such but I so very much want a game like this.

Comment

Like Eric Flint and the 1632 series

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                          Like Eric Flint and the 1632 series
                          That, L. Sprague de Camp's Lest Darkness Fall (one of the originators of the idea), David Drake and Eric Flint's Belisarius series, John Birmingham's Axis of Time series, Harry Turtledove's Guns of the South, and SM Stirling's Island in the Sea of Time.

The two biggest questions/issues for such a thing is "who/what goes back" and "to when?" The first indicates what they know and can do, what resources they have, as well as - perhaps most important - what are they hoping to accomplish? A small town vs. a US carrier fleet vs a single person. And the second indicates what "current" resources they have to work with, what the cultural barriers will be, and what can actually be changed.

If I were writing such a thing as fiction, I'd likely opt for Wessex during the reign of Alfred the Great and the viking invasions, or the United States sometime between 1750 and 1780, but mainly because of specific things I'd want to do with the story. As a RPG setting, it's harder to say. Maybe the first century BC, with rival factions having been thrown back into the Roman Republic, the Han dynasty, and maybe Parthian Persian and Satavahana India as well.

Comment

It also occurs to me that Trinity Continuum might be a good system for some sort of "Adventures Across Alternate Earths" set up, where the PCs are agents of some sort of pan-dimensional force protecting it from various threats. GURPS already does something similar with its Infinite Worlds setting, but I think TC would be a little less rules heavy, and would enable me do to something that's kind of a mash up of Sliders (if it had been smarter and not consistently gone for some of the dumbest alternate worlds possible), the Jet Li movie The One, and some of the better aspects of Star Trek. Maybe a United Federation of Worlds that includes a "one year from tomorrow" version of ours, an Earth-Beta that's just like ours save for a huge number of minor differences (such as BETA winning the home video format wars of the 80s, giving it its name), a world where Britain never got involved in WW1 and Germany won, a world where India became the dominant global cultural power instead of Europe, a world of sentient dinosaur people, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                            X