Books Needed For Aberrant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books Needed For Aberrant?

I was an avid reader of the Aberrant setting back when it first came out but unfortunately never got a chance to play what I thought was a great setting. With the new books coming out, hopefully I can remedy that. But I've been out of the loop when it comes to the new Storypath system and I'm not sure what all books are needed to play Aberrant (or if everything is quite out yet).

You need only the Core Rulebook, and of course Aberrant (that is not out yet, so you have wait).

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Core-Rulebook

There are other books, mainly for Aeon (old Trinity), but its not required at all.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

thanks! Just looked up if there was a Kickstarter and looks like Backerkits are still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Irusan View Post
        thanks! Just looked up if there was a Kickstarter and looks like Backerkits are still available.
        Indeed, and soon (not sure when) it will be available to backers.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Yep, as indicated, you'll only need two books:The former contains the core Storypath rules, plus a modern-day action-adventure setting, and rules for Talents -- people with an extraordinary degree of skill and luck. Your standard action movie character, basically.

The latter is the new edition of the Aberrant RPG, which builds on those core rules, set in 2028. Stuff which didn't appear until later in the line originally is now in the core: groups like Teen Tomorrow or the Daedalus League. And there's new material too, like Team Tonight.

The two-book approach means that you can use Talents in your Aberrant game if you want -- so if you're doing the Avengers, you can represent characters like Black Widow and Hawkeye as Talents.

Aberrant also has suggestions for updating some of the Talent-focused Allegiances from the core into Aberrant, so you have additional character options. We wanted to give you more bang for your buck.

If you'd like to get an early start, the You Are Not Alone comic introducing the setting, featuring Antaeus, is currently available.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager
          Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

I really like the being able to incorporate skilled "regular" characters to go along with the more super-powered characters. I'll be sure to check out the comic as well, the metaplot and narrative surrounding Aberrant were always great. The mixing of believable media reactions to something like Novas appearing always made the setting feel really compelling and alive for me.

Comment

Working...
            X