Artificial Intelligences and Psionics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
    In my head, Psi 7 isn’t how far humanity can go. Give us a few thousand more years and we’ll be subquantum gods on the verge of transcendence.
    Interesting point of view, and we had a brief description of an entire civilization ascending in Distant Worlds.

On Novas we know it’s Q10, but on the psi side, as Doyen are Psi7 and they are virtually one step away from ascending, my idea was Psi8 is ascended (same as Q10, you won, now you are a infinite power god).

But Doyens don’t really know how to Ascend, so they may be a long step away, or were one step away and changing their bodies brought them back to 7 of a maximum of 10.

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Bunyip, Mateus Luz I agree with you guys, but I’m not sure whether Transcendence would be Psi 8 or Psi 10.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

I actually like the idea of Psi 10 and thus Mode 10 as the limits, but I used 7 as that is where we currently have the rules leave off at.

On your note about the telluric wave, good point, buuuuut I would like to be pedantic here (hehe) and say that Psiad manifestation is sort of energy wave strikes and natural mechanisms in the human body activate leading to manifestation as is while Psion manifestation is dunking in a tube, changed by said tube, and then manifesting.

Its not so much the tube that I have a problem with, nor really the whole single apptitude concept, but more the alien control that gives over humanity as compared to say the other two Inspired Ages we know about which were human done entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Interesting point of view, and we had a brief description of an entire civilization ascending in Distant Worlds.

On Novas we know it’s Q10, but on the psi side, as Doyen are Psi7 and they are virtually one step away from ascending, my idea was Psi8 is ascended (same as Q10, you won, now you are a infinite power god).

But Doyens don’t really know how to Ascend, so they may be a long step away, or were one step away and changing their bodies brought them back to 7 of a maximum of 10.
          I think you need to re-read the Doyen sections - they were nowhere near transcendence levels of Psi. They tried to artificially rush the evolutionary process and inadvertently forever locked further evolution and transcendence out of their grasp.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
            Its not so much the tube that I have a problem with, nor really the whole single apptitude concept, but more the alien control that gives over humanity as compared to say the other two Inspired Ages we know about which were human done entirely.
            Having something to struggle against is part of the drama that drives compelling stories.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Bunyip so if the Doyen are at Psi 7 now and were nowhere near Transcendence when they tried to take a shortcut, does that mean you need Psi 10 in order to Transcend (at least as a psiad/psion)?

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                Bunyip so if the Doyen are at Psi 7 now and were nowhere near Transcendence when they tried to take a shortcut, does that mean you need Psi 10 in order to Transcend (at least as a psiad/psion)?
                that is what I would ask, but it also can mean it’s more than 10.

Think with me, a Q1 Nova is about as powerful (scale capacities) as a Psi 5 Psion. Q2 is probably around Psi6 and Q3 is beyond Psi 7 (let’s say psi 8). So Quantum have a higher starting point and advances faster than Psi. I am not saying a Q3 nova is as capable as Bhurano and her 200 years, just that their limits are about the same.

A Q6 nova is Tier IV, so before becoming a infinite power noetic god, there is another step, that could be Psi 10 (when they can reach power Scale 6 basically). From there, Novas have 4 more dots before transcending, what would mean about Psi 15 to transcend.

Of course its far from any good explanation, and scale is not what makes a Psi user powerful, but yet... well, that is a blind guess anyway...

The proper answer to “Hello There” is, obviously, “General Kenobi”.
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Mateus Luz that’s a really good point! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                    It doesn’t really mean anything. We know the Doyen weren’t close but there are no rules set in stone for the process, we don’t know if it’s species dependent or the same for everyone. The threshold could be Psi 8 for all we know but it requires steps to achieve.

All it means is that in my mind I’ve set the transcendence number at 10 for consistency with Quantum users.

Comment

Bunyip cool. That makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X