Prometheus Unbound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus Unbound

Following my weekly ritual of obsessively checking the Monday Meeting notes for word on Aberrant, I saw Prometheus Unbound pop up this week. Had we heard about this project previously? Does anyone have any idea what topics this book will cover? Certainly sounds cool!

It says it was formerly named Psi Orders. So, I'm expecting to have a deep dive into the psi orders. I expect there will be a tech section due to Orgotek. I'd also expect new edges. Not sure about paths, since those were mostly covered in the Aeon book.

Comment

Its main focus is on the psi orders, with chapters looking at additional psi rules and tech used by each order. (Not just Orgotek.) I’d expect Paths and Edges as well.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Looks like this will be another one I grab along with Terra Firma when it comes out. I've been running an Earth-focused game, and I'm happy to not have to think of things on my own.

Comment

You should grab Mission Statements as well*. Many of the groups in that are Earth-based.

* I’m a proponent of getting everything Aeon.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

I'll add it to the list. Now, if/when my players decide they want to go out to the stars, I'll be adding more books to my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
              Not sure about paths, since those were mostly covered in the Aeon book.
              To use a 1e comparison, if you picked up America Offline, you'd see a number of Orgotek divisions and subsidiaries and projects. Things like Orgosoft Farms (biotech), Lumen (photokinesis), and Tekne Group (hardtech). Paths for each of those would be distinctly different from the general Psi Order Orgotek Path from the core.

You could do the same thing with each of the different Legions if you wanted to drill down.

Anyway, the gist is, the existence of Paths in the core doesn't mean that we can't put them in Prometheus Unbound.

Ian A. A. Watson
              Onyx Path Community Manager
              Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

I for one welcome our new path overlords.

More seriously, anything that offers more character options is cool in my book.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

To use a 1e comparison, if you picked up America Offline, you'd see a number of Orgotek divisions and subsidiaries and projects. Things like Orgosoft Farms (biotech), Lumen (photokinesis), and Tekne Group (hardtech). Paths for each of those would be distinctly different from the general Psi Order Orgotek Path from the core.
                  Building on what Ian is saying, Paths for each of the major Orgotek subsidiaries (except Psi Orgotek) are already coming in Mission Statements. And we’ll probably have another couple for Psi Orgotek in Prometheus Unbound.

As for other orders like The Legions, I’ve instructed the writers that I’d like to see what’s the difference between a joined-to-their-ship 7th Legion pilot versus an extreme-overkill 4th Legion Aberrant hunter.

Comment

So basically you're planning on splitting out divisions in each psi order like Aeon is in the core book?

Comment

Planning on doing what works for a given psi order. For some, that will be divisions. For others, maybe just different pools they like to recruit from.

Comment

About paths, not exactly related to PU, but paths inside paths (Tekne inside Orgotech, for example, or T2M to Utopia to Aeon).
                        While they work independent and you can have each of the paths without the other, do you think it’s a interesting idea to have both as society paths or should migrate the path dots from one to the other path?

for example, a Psion was working for Orgotech and after some time was put as a local manager in a remote station working for Tekne (what I would say require some paths dots, as it’s important position). Do you think it’s better to move your dots from Orgotech to Tekne or keep both?

The question is more related to path rolls than anything, as I don’t think you can to roll more than one path in those situations.
                        Last edited by Mateus Luz; 07-16-2020, 01:25 PM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Different Psi Orders have different requirements, and not all Paths are equally useful for all members. Several Orders have Psionic Edges as a path benefit, but all Orders have non-Psion members.

Community Content Creator - OPP Freelancer - Storyguide / Storyteller
                          Currently Running: Vampire the Requiem 2nd Edition, Trinity Continuum: Æon

Comment

Working...
                          X