X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killerclown
    started a topic Thought and Advice on this Antag idea: W.A.S.P

Thought and Advice on this Antag idea: W.A.S.P

I have recently purchased Trinity and Trinity Aron and might run a game soon once I get a hang on the rules. Before I bought the game, I already thought up a antagonistic faction idea forbade series based off of the Sean Connery and Roger Moore Bond films, with a liberal dash of The Man From UNCLE.

My idea so far is a SPECTRE styled organization called W.A.S.P. My idea is that W.A.S.P was founded by a mysterious group to help keep the Cold War from getting hot, by giving both sides of the conflict to combat. This worked from 1956 all the way to 1964. That was when a new leader, the mysterious Queen took over from the previous leader. The Queen, and her high council then suddenly went rogue a year later, with the Queen stating that she and W.A.S.P would bring the world to peace by dominating it themselves.

My idea is that W.A.S.P has survived all the way to Modern Times, and is still actively trying to usurp the World for The Queen, who mysteriously hasn't aged a day past 35, and her high council, who still remain very elusive. They actively seek out "talented" individuals to join their ever-growing roster of field agents, hoping that their skills and abilities could aid them in their quest for power.

I would like some help making this group fit in Trinity and some advice on how to make them a interesting group for PCs to fight. I would also like some help in fleshing out The Queen, and how she avoided aging. Finally, I would like your thoughts on this idea as a whole.

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    While I like both ideas, Amanda Waller is too evil to be a villain. She must have some charisma to become queen, some thing closer to the Handler from Umbrela Academy (not the fish), otherwise she would not call herself Queen, but The Directrix.

She would be a very interesting Queen.

Leave a comment:

• johntfs
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post

You could lean into or subvert that acronym if you wanted to. Either have the group composed of the whitest, anglo-saxonist, protestantist, most ridiculous antagonists ever or else have the initial members the PCs encounter fit that description, but make the upper tiers of the group totally different demographics.

Or go for a different acronym.
    This but make the Queen be played by Viola Davis in full Amanda Waller mode.

Or just make the Queen be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She:_A...y_of_Adventure

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    A great idea... she end up loosing power after the Adventure era, and take control over WASP after climb it up.

By the way, instead of a single old boss, WASP could have a "Hive Mind" of directors that the Queen killed to take control (Number 5 style in Umbrela Academy).

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Originally posted by Slagheap View Post
    You could make The Queen be Countess De Winter from Adventure! 1e. She was secretly The King of the World and controlled the criminal underworld. It was also implied that she was The President of the Pit on Luna in the Aeon era.
    That’s a great idea! Lady Argentine de Winter.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    You could use Rapport (probably using the 2 or 3 dot powers) to do something similar.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Pheromones was the initial reason for going to Psychomorphing, but it requires 4 dots, what is not possible to Psiads (unless she has the Favored Mode edge... that is tempting...)

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by Killerclown View Post

Crap, I completely forgot about that acronym. I will find a different name right away. I just thought it sounded cool as a name for a evil Org

But, thanks for the advice so far.
    You could lean into or subvert that acronym if you wanted to. Either have the group composed of the whitest, anglo-saxonist, protestantist, most ridiculous antagonists ever or else have the initial members the PCs encounter fit that description, but make the upper tiers of the group totally different demographics.

Or go for a different acronym.

Another thought I have is there is a common misconception of honey bee queens. Most people think the queen controls the hive. However, she exists to do two things: lay eggs and unite the hive with her pheromones. It's actually the workers who control the hive. They'll even get the queen to lay her replacement and then kill her. So, you might want to play with something like that in your organization structure. Make the players think the queen is in charge, but she's really as much a tool of the group as anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Slagheap
    replied
    You could make The Queen be Countess De Winter from Adventure! 1e. She was secretly The King of the World and controlled the criminal underworld. It was also implied that she was The President of the Pit on Luna in the Aeon era.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    You’re welcome 😊

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post

This is a great idea. Also, you could make the Queen a nova (in Aberrant novas don’t age) or a Talent who drank Safari Jack Tallon’s anti-aging elixir (from Adventure!).

Not to be controversial, but you do know what W.A.S.P. stands for, right?
    Crap, I completely forgot about that acronym. I will find a different name right away. I just thought it sounded cool as a name for a evil Org

But, thanks for the advice so far.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    I like a lot your idea.

If it was up to me, I would make them an enemy of Pharaoh or AS1, working under several, layers of covering, to the point the official forces don’t even know they are a real player while fight hordes under WASP command. That way the characters save the world without involving FBI, CIA and KGB.

Now, for Wasp queen, my suggestion is a Psiad, focused on Biokinesis. Give her 2 dots in Psichomorphing, that would allow her to change her appearance and enhance her body (beside a few other effects), very useful for Spies and even more to a leader of an evil organization. It would allow her to age really slow or even not age at all (kind of side effect).
    I have no suggestion for the other aptitude or mode.
    This is a great idea. Also, you could make the Queen a nova (in Aberrant novas don’t age) or a Talent who drank Safari Jack Tallon’s anti-aging elixir (from Adventure!).

Not to be controversial, but you do know what W.A.S.P. stands for, right?

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    I like a lot your idea.

If it was up to me, I would make them an enemy of Pharaoh or AS1, working under several, layers of covering, to the point the official forces don’t even know they are a real player while fight hordes under WASP command. That way the characters save the world without involving FBI, CIA and KGB.

Now, for Wasp queen, my suggestion is a Psiad, focused on Biokinesis. Give her 2 dots in Psichomorphing, that would allow her to change her appearance and enhance her body (beside a few other effects), very useful for Spies and even more to a leader of an evil organization. It would allow her to age really slow or even not age at all (kind of side effect).
    I have no suggestion for the other aptitude or mode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X