Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon France

Hello,

I am putting together an Intro adventure for Aeon for my friends.
    Imagine the movie Doomsday as a basis.

Situation:
    - Aesculapian Order Vitakinetic, Leon Durand, working at a clinic (against procedure and recommendation) in La Blessure is kipnapped.
    - Aespulapians/Psi Orders are trying to get people there to try to track down/rescue the Doc.
    - French Government is refusing them entry currently, ostensibly due to their Police/agencies can handle the investigation, and they don't want any responsibility for more people going into La Blessure. Negotiations are still ongoing.
    - It's been 24 hours since the incident has become known. Closing in on 72 hour mark where most cases become unsolved.
    - Aeon Trinity has gathered a group of Psions at the last minute who were currently between assignments. Group will be thrown together and tasked with infiltrating into France and tracking down and extracting Vitakinetic Doc.
    - Hijinks ensues.

- Ultimately, they will find a charismatic gang leader who has gathered/conquered couple other gangs is trying to form his own micro-nation within La Blessure, so they kidnapped the Doc in order to help with health/attrition.
    - Have not decided whether will be Aberrante cult or not, but leaning not.

Potential Issues to be overcome:
    - Evading/Infiltrating French Border Patrols
    - Evading notice from La Blessure locals while investigating the kidnapping.
    - Sudden superstorm in La Blessure
    - Black Jets streaking overhead randomly.
    - Mad max gang vehicle chase

So, my issue is the description for La Blessure is pretty vague in the main book.

1. Was wondering if the 1E Shattered Europe book would help? I don't really remember 1E having La Blessure at all, but my book has stored in a box somewhere for many years.
    2. Can anyone describe what the terrain in France is like currently, and what it will be like after having a satellite dropped on it?
    3. How long is La Blessure? From where to where in France does it extend?

Thanks for any help and information.

1. Shattered Europe book happens almost 10 years after the fall, while now we are only 3 years after, so, it may help, but keep in mind this time difference.

2. The region where Esperanza fell was between Paris and Belgium. I have visited the region and, besides beautiful towns and some cartels and palaces, all I remember is a farm land with more than a few rivers and not so many hills, of course I was a tourist, so I may have left much behind. It is a fairly full of small villages and towns, while there are no big cities (other than Paris) around there, not a high density but a significant portion of France population.

3. If you make a straight line between Paris and Belgium border it will be less than 200km (a bit more than 100 miles), I would make La Blessure about 75km radius centered southwest of Paris, but with a “comet like” tail extending to west and covering a good portion of Belgium (winds in high atmosphere tend to flow from west to east, just check the expected area of effect of Yellowstone. The radiation and QFZ would be larger, maybe 200km radius with a longer tail covering all Belgium and extending all the way to Netherlands and Germany, this way it would cover almost all the northern coast of France and more than ¼ of the country, as well as entire Belgium and parts of Netherlands and Germany.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I don't know how long it'll be for Terra Firma to finish in proofing and go to general release, but you'll find answers to a lot of your questions in there.

I will say that la Blessure doesn't really have a defined edge; there's not a distinctive line of 'everything from this point is fucked', and indeed there are also multiple 'epicentres' as the Esperanza came apart and scattered fragments across a wide swathe of land prior to impact. You're also not likely to have too many issues with French border patrols, because France doesn't have the power to maintain much like that any more; the bigger issue are everyone elses' border patrols, and indeed border fortifications.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Shattered Europe is no longer canon anymore. I don’t think.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

France has a government? I was under the impression it died when Paris turned into a crater. There's not much info in TC:Aeon, but in Shattered Europe which places the fall years before, France is basically a post apocalyptic anarchy, although I suppose some semblance of government might exist in the south.

Comment

Yes, but you can’t assume that what Shattered Europe says is 100% true for TC:Aeon (though you could make it true for your game if you wanted or just use it to fill in the gaps till Terra Firma comes out).

Comment

Terra Firma is apparently due to release this week, so you'll find some of the answers to this (and many other questions about Aeon-era Earth!) when it comes out... which I think will be Wednesday? The releases usually seem to come out around then.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                Terra Firma is apparently due to release this week, so you'll find some of the answers to this (and many other questions about Aeon-era Earth!) when it comes out... which I think will be Wednesday? The releases usually seem to come out around then.
                Awesome!!!

Comment

I'm sure I'll be getting this in the not too distant future given I'm running a 2nd Legion game.

Comment

And it's out!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...um-Terra-Firma

Comment

Working...
                    X