Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Ability covers bakeing? (Aberrant 1st Edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Ability covers bakeing? (Aberrant 1st Edition)

    Arts & Perform do not seem like a good fit. Is there something I'm missing?

  • #2
    You might consider Etiquette, Arts, or Survival depending on your whim and/or circumstances. The alternative is to make Cooking a new Ability like Riding or Heavy Weapons. If you go the new ability route I'd make it an Intelligence skill. See the Player's Guide for that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would default to Etiquette.


      The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

      Comment


      • #4
        Science.

        No, really. Science (including chemistry) genuinely seems like the closest, out of all the existing Abilities, to cooking. And it probably should be under Intelligence anyway.

        There really should be a Crafts ability or something, but I am extremely reluctant to suggest expanding the list of Abilities.

        I guess I could see an argument for Arts, but cooking doesn't seem like a Wits thing so much as Intelligence.

        Comment


        • #5
          You don’t always have to use the attribute listed above the ability everytime.Also the Player’s guide already expanded the abilities with things like I listed above, though I would say its probably not worth investing xp in for just cooking.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
            Science.

            No, really. Science (including chemistry) genuinely seems like the closest, out of all the existing Abilities, to cooking. And it probably should be under Intelligence anyway.

            There really should be a Crafts ability or something, but I am extremely reluctant to suggest expanding the list of Abilities.

            I guess I could see an argument for Arts, but cooking doesn't seem like a Wits thing so much as Intelligence.
            Yeah, but cooking is more intuitive. That’s why I said Etiquette. It’s not a perfect fit but it’s the closest one I can think of.


            The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by andrewm9 View Post
              You might consider Etiquette, Arts, or Survival depending on your whim and/or circumstances.
              Huh. Excellent suggestions.

              I think Etiquette & Survival would both work. I do like how some of the Abilities can be used to do the same thing.

              Originally posted by Jefepato
              Science.
              I'm glad your saying that because I was seriously considering Engineering.

              Originally posted by andrewm9 View Post
              The alternative is to make Cooking a new Ability like Riding or Heavy Weapons.
              I forgot, do you have to pay full price for alternative Abilities, or are they cheeper, like in Vampire TM Revised?
              Last edited by Daredevil; 09-08-2020, 08:13 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Daredevil View Post

                I forgot, do you have to pay full price for alternative Abilities, or are they cheeper, like in Vampire TM Revised?
                Well the rules don't give you an xp break for them, but for something as limited as Cooking (compared to say Pilot or Arts) I'd probably make them cheaper. Then again there are original skills like Might that don't seem to have a lot of utility outside of lifting and breaking and even that is made useless (or functionally so) by a single level of Mega Strength (which gives 5 auto successes to the strength + might roll). YMMV.

                Comment

                Working...
                X