Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformation to powerfull for its exp value ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformation to powerfull for its exp value ?

Transformation at higher ranking is just getting incredible powerful, for its value in exp. To give a few examples:
    Transformation 2 + extra trait x 2 = 24exp : you get 6 dots - 6 power dots equals 6x12 = 72exp
    Transformation 4 + extra trait x 2 = 72exp : you get 12 dots - 12 power dots equals 12x12 = 144exp
    Transformation 4 + extra trait x 4 = 96exp : you get 20 dots - 20 power dots equals 20x12 = 240exp
    Transformation 6 + extra trait x 4 = 120exp : you get 30 dots - 30 power dots equals 30x12 = 360exp
    Transformation 6 + extra trait x 6 = 144exp : you get 42 dots - 42 power dots equals 42x12 = 504exp

So someone who have this power, get loads of power dots to use for also no exp cost. They can swap them around at anytime, among alot of different options. Add a duration tag and it last for hours also. It seems to me that it aint really balanced at all.

I like the power, but perhaps the extra traits tag need a balance before the book gets printed. Perhaps extra traits should give a fixed amount each time you take it, or give you the option to buy extra power dots for x exp each up to y times.

Well, that is basically how Technique works, you multiply the efficiency of your XP.

You must notice that no power can have higher dot than the power maximum (Related to quantum) nor the Transformation dots, and it increases the quantum cost to activate it. Yes, you can reduce it, but you will not reduce it to 0 and the duration extended will make it last longer, but you need to pay again to change it back, so increased duration is good but only if you don’t care about the flexibility.

Also, Transformation requires Q4, what is a high minimum, and you probably will not get many dots left when raising your quantum this high from start, unless you have a some Transcendence.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I don't have access to 'beta' doc, but I do know the devs re-wrote a bunch of powers. Are these based off the second beta doc?

Comment

No, it’s based on the first doc released in the KS.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
        X