Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How powerful did your Aberrant game get? What did your Players & Storyteller do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How powerful did your Aberrant game get? What did your Players & Storyteller do?

I guess what it says on the tin. This seems like a great way to explore Aberrant's original question:

"What would you do with the power of a god?"

You can not bore me with the details.

How high on the Quantum/Powers did your Players get?

What did they're PC's do with the power of a god?

How did the ST run with it? Challenges to the PC's? Challenges to the ST?

If 'official' NPCs were around, how did they interact with the PC's?

What is the most awesome thing that happened???

Quantum 7, 100 nova pts, with linking and weaknesses. They conquered the planet and ruled it as a dark cabal, fighting off heroes and villains alike to put their boot down on the face of humanity. I was younger then, and angry and the whole thing was a cathartic experience.

Comment

My Novas never get past Q6, and never got to use the Players Guide material (I have read the book itself last year).

Our games were not long as the group was always changing during college, but the good part is we probably run all the adventures released for 1e.

We watched Pax being defeated a few good times. Fight for T2M, Teragen and Elites.

The big challenge as GM was always to bring something up the characters didn't go around easily... but in the end we had lots of fun exploring how easy it was to go around the plans...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        My Novas never get past Q6, and never got to use the Players Guide material (I have read the book itself last year).

Our games were not long as the group was always changing during college, but the good part is we probably run all the adventures released for 1e.

We watched Pax being defeated a few good times. Fight for T2M, Teragen and Elites.

The big challenge as GM was always to bring something up the characters didn't go around easily... but in the end we had lots of fun exploring how easy it was to go around the plans...
        Your game sounds awesome 😊.

We only played a short game, but it was pretty cool. We played a couple of the adventures from Aberrant Worldwide I and II and a couple things the ST thought of on her own. One of the PCs courted and eventually married Slider they honeymooned in a private villa off the southern coast of Brazil but then he lost her a few weeks later when the elite Totentanz killed her in the Amp Room brawl in Where Heaven Ends. The coolest thing ever was when Divis Mal buffed up my friend’s character and she got to take on Cestus Pax in his place in the big climactic battle at the end of Into the Arms of the Angel of Wrath. The rest of us got to help keep Project Proteus from interfering in the fight.
        Last edited by Penelope; 09-09-2020, 11:41 AM.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Campaigns had a lot of start/stop issues due to scheduling, but some highlights from various players;

-Executed Apostle for the murder of Caroline Fong after outing his crimes in a Teragen summit.
          -Formed an American nova-team as an arm of the DOD peripherally allied with the Directive (that player never knew).
          -Killed the VP and mentally possessed the POTUS in order to push through various nova-friendly reforms.
          -Survived a sneak-attack from Totentanz, saving Slag from instant death (I found someone who calculated his damage and the player's tanky character nearly died)
          -Saved the world from a meteor fall a la Armageddon/ Deep impact

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
            Campaigns had a lot of start/stop issues due to scheduling, but some highlights from various players;

-Executed Apostle for the murder of Caroline Fong after outing his crimes in a Teragen summit.
            -Formed an American nova-team as an arm of the DOD peripherally allied with the Directive (that player never knew).
            -Killed the VP and mentally possessed the POTUS in order to push through various nova-friendly reforms.
            -Survived a sneak-attack from Totentanz, saving Slag from instant death (I found someone who calculated his damage and the player's tanky character nearly died)
            -Saved the world from a meteor fall a la Armageddon/ Deep impact
            Awesome! And very heroic. Were any of you guys Terats? Did you prevent the Night of Long Knives?

I think I remember from the Kickstarter that Caroline Fong is NOT dead in the new TC: Aberrant game.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Awesome! And very heroic. Were any of you guys Terats? Did you prevent the Night of Long Knives?

I think I remember from the Kickstarter that Caroline Fong is NOT dead in the new TC: Aberrant game.
              About 1/3 were Terats, 1/3 were Utopia, and the last were misc. NOLK wasn't prevented, but it was "aimed" at the parties responsible for most of the strife (Tarik, Apostle, Confederate, any so-called Terat who'd stab another in the back). PCs were part of their own Terat faction pushing for Genosha-like segregation in order to minimize hostility (Magneto on some of his "good" days).

On the Utopian side, one PC was tanky enough to withstand Pax's worst (but couldn't dish out similar levels) so he got promoted quickly by AEON to keep him occupied, another attempted to make herself into Pax's protege but outshined him a little too much.

Game ended after we destroyed those weird nova-satanists who'd been joined by a lovecraftian Taint-10 nova who thought they were the 5th Domitori.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post

About 1/3 were Terats, 1/3 were Utopia, and the last were misc. NOLK wasn't prevented, but it was "aimed" at the parties responsible for most of the strife (Tarik, Apostle, Confederate, any so-called Terat who'd stab another in the back). PCs were part of their own Terat faction pushing for Genosha-like segregation in order to minimize hostility (Magneto on some of his "good" days).

On the Utopian side, one PC was tanky enough to withstand Pax's worst (but couldn't dish out similar levels) so he got promoted quickly by AEON to keep him occupied, another attempted to make herself into Pax's protege but outshined him a little too much.

Game ended after we destroyed those weird nova-satanists who'd been joined by a lovecraftian Taint-10 nova who thought they were the 5th Domitori.
                Sounds like a really cool campaign.

Comment

Played a couple games, but ran most Aberrant games in our group. One campaign got to Q7, was a group of mostly Independents, Team name Ultimates. They made enemies of Utopia, and some of the Terats. They spent a lot of their time building their own watchtower at a Le Grange Point. They were focused on investigating the origins of their powers, and though most were sterilized, went on a quest to protect others from this fate. They ended up building a arcology-like habitat in the White Sands area, that they eventually launched into space. Off-screen they participated in the grad exodus, and were a staging based - around Jupiter - for Nova protectors.

My most deadly campaign (highest player character death level - each player lost at least one character, one lost three), had a party that was trying to take over the world, they were Teragen members initially, started working as mercs, got to know Totentontz (Were not fans), and did some shadow work for Project Proteus, before one of them decided to kill all offenders - not taint driven, player driven. And the Directive ended up stepping in quietly wiping them out when they trespassed in hig hsecurity areas. Ended up tying this into WW3 storyline.

Another Campaign was a Directive campaign. Focused on keeping folks settled, one player played the Proto-Psion (using Aberrant rules, in Player's Guide I think). Lots of fun, lots of angst around folks who pushed their Q-Node. One Hyper-Intelligent Nova who kept trying to take over the Directive with social and Wits based plots.

Really loved those games.

Comment

I've personally played more than one character that hit Quantum 8. Totentanz got to Quantum 10 at least once.

We usually did some flavor or another of taking over the world, or at least modifying the world so that Novas are no longer being, y'know, murdered all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                    X